Windows 10: need to change my family members account from child to wife

Discus and support need to change my family members account from child to wife in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; i just need help changhingmy wife from child on my family... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by EricLancaster, Jan 11, 2021.

1. need to change my family members account from child to wife

i just need help changhingmy wife from child on my family

:)

EricLancaster, Jan 11, 2021

2. Child account

I did set up a Child account, I did fallow all the steps window ask, the account say that the child is in the family, when I tried to log, give me the message "The Profile Service service Failed The Sign-in. User Profile cannot be loaded".

Answering your questions:

• Did you make any changes to the child account prior to the issue? No, I did not make any changes.
    • Since when you are facing this issue? Right from the start. I never got to login.
    • Are you able to login with other child accounts on the computer? No
    I suggest you to restart the computer once and check if you are able to login to the computer. I did, the same problem, I do not have any problem with my account or my wife.

Thank you for your help.

David.

David EDongo Sr, Jan 11, 2021
  3. Family member accepted invite to family, but does not show in parent account

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and will guide you in the right direction.

Have you verified the date of birth you setup for these child accounts?

If you have not setup their date of birth properly on
    https://account.live.com/
    , we suggest you login your children's account and apply the complete details and update the account. After updating the profile information, remove and re-add the child account on the Family Safety
    website.

Please follow these steps on how to remove a child and re-add it as a member of your Family Safety program.

To remove a member, follow these steps:
    1. Log in to
    https://fss.live.com

2. Click Remove a family member.

3. Select the member you want to remove by selecting the checkbox on the right of each member.

4. Click Remove, confirm it by clicking Remove again.

To add the member again, follow these:

1. Click Add a new child.

2. You will be asked to sign in the member you want to add. Click Sign in at the right side of the option "Does this child has a Windows Live ID?"

3. Sign in using the child account. After entering the child account, it should appear as the member.

Reference:
    Keep your kids safer on the PC

Add people to your family group

Hope this helps. Get back to us if the issue persist. We are happy to help.

Swathi Ravichandran, Jan 11, 2021
  4. Noor_Azam Win User

need to change my family members account from child to wife

Something went wrong message when my child clicks join family link in the email.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Is the Child account a Microsoft account?

The issue might be due to the age verification, hence I suggest you to verify the child’s age by logging in with child’s account on
    account.microsoft.com/family and verify the age.

I also suggest you to refer the article
    Add members to your family group to get more information on adding members to your family account.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

need to change my family members account from child to wife

1. need to change my family members account from child to wife - Similar Threads - need change family

2. Add my wife account as family member to my Microsoft family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Add my wife account as family member to my Microsoft family: I have recently created a family of myself and my duaghter . My wife had already another "family" with her account and my other's daughter account. Currently we are not able to unify/consolidate all four accounts 2 adults + 2 kids to one Microsoft family.I tried to invvite my...
  3. Add my wife account as family member to my Microsoft family

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add my wife account as family member to my Microsoft family: I have recently created a family of myself and my duaghter . My wife had already another "family" with her account and my other's daughter account. Currently we are not able to unify/consolidate all four accounts 2 adults + 2 kids to one Microsoft family.I tried to invvite my...
  4. Add my wife account as family member to my Microsoft family

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. If you change a family member account type from a child to standard user, does it inform...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If you change a family member account type from a child to standard user, does it inform...: Ive been simply searching the web but I cannot find anything answering this question. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-you-change-a-family-member-account-type-from-a/279b8266-7777-4296-8dee-da238edb018e
  6. Family Member password change from parent account

Family Member password change from parent account: My son got logged out of his Microsoft account with newest software upgrade on his tablet. He and I can not remember his password. How do i reset it using the parent account that is mine?...
  7. Change Family Member Status From Child to Sister

Change Family Member Status From Child to Sister: Dear All, Anyone know how to change my sister status on my family account? She's listed as my child, and i need to change it to "Sister"....
  8. How to Change Wife's Family Profile from Child to Parent

How to Change Wife's Family Profile from Child to Parent: I added my wife to my Microsoft family account, but she was added as a child rather than a parent. Is there a way to easily change her account to being a parent? Thanks, Keith...
  9. move child/family member from my husbands Account to mine - however there are $$ in that...

move child/family member from my husbands Account to mine - however there are $$ in that...: My daughter's account has $$ in it, but we want to remove her from my husbands microsoft account and add her to mine, will she loose the $$ associated with her account?...
  10. windows 10 child family member's account not syching

windows 10 child family member's account not syching: I have a windows family member child account on my laptop. My child can log in using his account credentials, but none of the account settings such as content restrictions and screen time applies on the laptop. It all works fine on the family desktop PC. The family account...