Windows 10: need to change ownership of a folder in system 32 in windows 10

Discus and support need to change ownership of a folder in system 32 in windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; greetings, I have an issue that I need to resolve have followed several suggestions as to taking ownership of a folder in win 10 system32\C folder more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Al.Campbell, Apr 10, 2020.

1. need to change ownership of a folder in system 32 in windows 10

greetings, I have an issue that I need to resolve have followed several suggestions as to taking ownership of a folder in win 10 system32\C folder more specifically, in the drivers \etc. folder.. with no success... I only need to rename the hosts file and create a new one... but I can't get access to it. any help would surely be appreciated. Thank you in advance :

Al Campbell

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

Al.Campbell, Apr 10, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 10, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Apr 10, 2020
  4. psbecker Win User

need to change ownership of a folder in system 32 in windows 10

Change Folder Icon in Windows 10

I just acquired a new laptop running Windows 10 and am trying to change the icons of the folders in the StartUp "Program" folder so that they would stand out a little better. I used my admin account and followed all the steps listed above, but when I clicked on "Apply", nothing happened. The same basic windows folder icon remained attached to the folder. I also tried to go into Properties and capitalize some of the folder names, but that didn't work either. Looks like something is protecting them, but I cannot figure out what it is much less how to get around this blockage, Any suggestions?

psbecker, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

need to change ownership of a folder in system 32 in windows 10

1. need to change ownership of a folder in system 32 in windows 10 - Similar Threads - need change ownership

2. New system 32 folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New system 32 folder: I need the newest system32 folder with no icon changes cuz i used custmizor god and change a icon and replaced all my folder to that icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-system-32-folder/209f4c2a-d5d8-42d4-ae78-637c6e80c59a
  3. New system 32 folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New system 32 folder: I need the newest system32 folder with no icon changes cuz i used custmizor god and change a icon and replaced all my folder to that icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-system-32-folder/209f4c2a-d5d8-42d4-ae78-637c6e80c59a
  4. Can't take ownership of system 32

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't take ownership of system 32: Hello dear people,i recently got an error that many of you know 0xc000007b,to fix it i need to paste some new dll files in system 32 to repair the appEpic Games Launcher that i need to open i need to have ownership on system 32 folder,i am the administrator of this pc,and i...
  5. Cant take ownership of system 32

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant take ownership of system 32: Hello dear people,i recently got an error that many of you know 0xc000007b,to fix it i need to paste some new dll files in system 32 to repair the appEpic Games Launcher that i need to open i need to have ownership on system 32 folder,i am the administrator of this pc,and i...
  6. Changing folder ownership TrustedInstaller

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing folder ownership TrustedInstaller: [ATTACH] Hi, I'm trying to uninstall windows defender as its bloating my pc and causing memory leaks, but task manager wont let me even close the program access denied My next thought was to delete the Windows Defender folder in my C: drive, but I need permission from...
  7. system 32 folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    system 32 folder: I want to rename a file that is under System32 folder. How can I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-32-folder/34472898-715f-4651-9b6e-141b4a714046
  8. System 32 Folder

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System 32 Folder: Just looking for clarification on 3 folders in my SYS 32 folder. I find 1. 1. Drivers 2. Driver State 3. Driver store. What is the difference between them and which one should I use when setting up Slipstreaming to an ISO? Thanks 139969
  9. How to change Ownership of a File or Folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Ownership of a File or Folder in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Many a time, you need to change ownership of a file or folder to another user. There can be many reasons to do that — transferring files to another user, an old account is removed, and all files should be [...] This post How to change Ownership of a File or...
  10. System 32 folder

in Windows 10 Support
    System 32 folder: when I start up my Laptop windows 10 boots up the system 32 folder and opens it. tried all the links with google search but most pertain to windows xp and below.. Ran SFC /SCANNOW and also Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth it found and repaired any files per...