Windows 10: Need to change settings Admin on a laptop with windows 10 from my old admin info to her new...

Discus and support Need to change settings Admin on a laptop with windows 10 from my old admin info to her new... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a laptop I gave to my girlfriend that is set up with my admin info and email and I want it set up to hers. How do I do this without fully wiping... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Humblemonk, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Need to change settings Admin on a laptop with windows 10 from my old admin info to her new...

I have a laptop I gave to my girlfriend that is set up with my admin info and email and I want it set up to hers. How do I do this without fully wiping the system? I added her email and info but there is no way to remove an old admin and set up a new one. I see this question a thousand times on forums and I see the Microsoft guys asking people to use local accts. I DO NOT WANT EXTRA GARBAGE, I want to remove the old admin so don't offer me other advice Microsoft team. Stick to the subject, I WANT TO CHANGE ADMINISTRATION on my laptop to another administrator as main owner and operator, not just local admin. Thanks in advance.

:)

Humblemonk, Mar 26, 2019
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Mar 26, 2019
  3. freeboy Win User
    admin password?

my repair windows install keeps failing due to "what is admin password" ?
    How do I either find it? It is my computer and Ia am the admin or change it? this is for disk D and It is booting from c...

freeboy, Mar 26, 2019
  4. Matt18 Win User

Need to change settings Admin on a laptop with windows 10 from my old admin info to her new...

admin rights keep disappearing!?!!

Hi guys,

I am actually having a problem at work that our IT department hasn't been able to figure out. I am supposed to be a member of the admin group. We are on a domain. The problem is that everytime I reboot the computer I loose my admin rights(no longer in the administrator group) and just become a normal user again. I have tried googling this and didn't get to many results.
    I believe IT is just giving me local admin rights, not admin rights for the whole domain.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: It is on Windows XP Pro.

Matt18, Mar 26, 2019
Thema:

Need to change settings Admin on a laptop with windows 10 from my old admin info to her new...

1. Need to change settings Admin on a laptop with windows 10 from my old admin info to her new... - Similar Threads - Need change settings

2. My ADMIN PROFILE needs admin to uninstall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My ADMIN PROFILE needs admin to uninstall: I have a program SAntivirus that I want to uninstall... except for my ADMIN PROFILE "doesn't have admin permissions." I can use admin permissions fine in this profile, EXCEPT here....
  3. Admin needs admin rights on C: drive file changes ??

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Admin needs admin rights on C: drive file changes ??: Updated 7 to 10 and now having issues with admin rights on my C: drive. I get an annoying warning box every time I try to copy a file to the C: or rename one (saying need admin rights, yet click ok and its fine !). I checked my account and I'm logged in as admin !?. Thanks...
  4. Admin needs admin rights on C: drive file changes ??

in Windows 10 Support
    Admin needs admin rights on C: drive file changes ??: Updated 7 to 10 and now having issues with admin rights on my C: drive. I get an annoying warning box every time I try to copy a file to the C: or rename one (saying need admin rights, yet click ok and its fine !). I checked my account and I'm logged in as admin !?. Thanks...
  5. changing my admin from an old email to a new email

in Windows 10 Customization
    changing my admin from an old email to a new email: looking for step by step procedures on switching my admin from old email to the new email https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-my-admin-from-an-old-email-to-a-new-email/f01033f6-18fe-416e-9aac-04e3d13b7a9e
  6. Change Admin on new laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Admin on new laptop: New laptop--I had someone else set it up and they misspelled my email account including using that account as administrator. I want to change the administrator of the laptop to my real email. How do I do that?...
  7. Changing Admin on new laptop

Changing Admin on new laptop: So i just received a new laptop and when I was setting up the microsoft account for the new computer I created a new account thinking it would be no issue. However, now the new account is the admin account on the computer and I have no idea how to remove it even though I have...
  8. Setting up new admin in Windows 10

Setting up new admin in Windows 10: I have a work computer that has not been used in a while. We can't find any info on the past admin, and there are dozens of updates that can't be installed without an admin password. I need to set myself up as the admin, but I can't do that either without "admin approval."...
  9. New laptop no admin rights

New laptop no admin rights: I've just bought a new laptop and need administration rights however there doesn't seem to be a way to do this. When I go in to administrator, its a weird default man and there is not even the security and update or friends and family options. This was a display model. Have...
  10. Unable to change Admin Settings

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to change Admin Settings: I am having issues writing to C or modifying files on the C Drive. I read that I should explicitly add myself (named) as a user in the security settings, which I have done. When I try to apply the settings, I get the following message for most of the folders in C...