Windows 10: need to change the child's account birthdate

Discus and support need to change the child's account birthdate in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi all,so my main email account is considered as a child's account because the brithdate changed somehow to 2020... but I'm almost 30 so it doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Karolanne Tremblay, Jul 5, 2022.

1. need to change the child's account birthdate

Hi all,so my main email account is considered as a child's account because the brithdate changed somehow to 2020... but I'm almost 30 so it doesn't make any sense...So following tips from Microsoft team 2 weeks ago I created a microsoft family with my other account, but now there's no option for me to change my "child's " account birthdate....I need help on this pls cause on every phone, tablet, laptop or computer I'm connected on it's asking me to add the parental autorization every day + re-add my password. I'm afraid I'm going to lost the connection completly to my account someday.

:)

Karolanne Tremblay, Jul 5, 2022
  2. Attrition Win User

Changing a Microsoft account from an (incorrectly entered) adult birthdate to the correct child's birthdate

The links provided in the above response pertain to an account which is already setup as a child. That is not my situation.

My issue is going from an ADULT account to a CHILD account. Currently, the account is setup (incorrectly) as an adult account. I would like to update the birthdate to reflect that this is a child account.

This is an easy scenario to test:

• Setup a new Microsoft account with a birthdate that makes you an adult.
    • Log off and then log back in
    • Go to your profile and attempt to change the birth date to make you a child.
    • The system will prevent you from making this change.
    Any suggestions?

Attrition, Jul 5, 2022
  3. Ramon Imp Win User
    Changing my child's birthdate.

Hello,

It looks like you're having challenges changing your Child account's birthdate. We would like to know if you've tried to follow or redo the steps provided in this
    article on how to change the birthdate on a Microsoft account.

Regards.

Ramon Imp, Jul 5, 2022
  4. need to change the child's account birthdate

Error while changing my son's birthdate to be a child account: "Your birthdate cannot be updated at this time"

My son's account was set up as a standard Microsoft adult account. When I try to change his birthdate to be a child, I get this error:

Your birthdate cannot be updated at this time.

• He is already listed as in my family and shows in my Family list as an adult
    • I am not allowed to manage his account from my own account (because he's listed as an adult)
    • I have his login
    • While logged into his account, I am given the option to change his birthdate, but it doesn't work.
    • When I try to change the birthdate from within his account, I am given a prompt that I will be charged $0.50 to change his account into a child account.
    • I agree to the $0.50 charge.
    • Instead of updating his birthdate or asking for CC info, I get that error: Your birthdate cannot be updated at this time.
    • If I change his country to Canada, I can update the birthdate, but the account still isn't a child account (which is my entire goal)
    • If I try to change his country back to USA while keeping the correct birthdate, I get that same error above saying the birthdate cannot be updated at this time (even though I'm changing the country; not the birthdate).

Please help. I just want my son's account listed as a child account so I can manage his account and content restrictions. I have three children in my Family account. Two of which are showing as adults but are children.

How do I update my child's birthdate to convert his standard account into a child account?

Do not steal me, Jul 5, 2022
Thema:

need to change the child's account birthdate

1. need to change the child's account birthdate - Similar Threads - need change child's

2. How to change birthdate on "child" account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to change birthdate on "child" account: How can we change the birthdate on a "child" account?My child has no option to change their birthdate which was entered incorrectly should be 7/29/2002. And there are no options available for me to manage her account or any of my kids in Family Safety....
  3. How to change birthdate on "child" account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change birthdate on "child" account: How can we change the birthdate on a "child" account?My child has no option to change their birthdate which was entered incorrectly should be 7/29/2002. And there are no options available for me to manage her account or any of my kids in Family Safety....
  4. How to change birthdate on "child" account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Change birthdate of account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change birthdate of account: Hi, I do have a Microsoft account. Somehow I managed to change the birthdate of this account to the birthday of my son. Now I cannot change it back. There is no option in the profile at https://account.microsoft.com/There is also no option in the family safety settings at...
  6. Change birthdate of account

Change birthdate of account: Hi, I do have a Microsoft account. Somehow I managed to change the birthdate of this account to the birthday of my son. Now I cannot change it back. There is no option in the profile at https://account.microsoft.com/There is also no option in the family safety settings at...
  7. unable to change birthdate on a child profile.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to change birthdate on a child profile.: Unfortunately, my dad created an account with a child birthdate by mistake. now that I'm his organizer I'm unable to change his birthdate. can someone help me....
  8. unable to change birthdate on a child profile.

unable to change birthdate on a child profile.: Unfortunately, my dad created an account with a child birthdate by mistake. now that I'm his organizer I'm unable to change his birthdate. can someone help me....
  9. need to change the child's account birthdate

need to change the child's account birthdate: Hi all,so my main email account is considered as a child's account because the brithdate changed somehow to 2020... but I'm almost 30 so it doesn't make any sense...So following tips from Microsoft team 2 weeks ago I created a microsoft family with my other account, but now...
  10. need to change the child's account birthdate

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    need to change the child's account birthdate: Hi all,so my main email account is considered as a child's account because the brithdate changed somehow to 2020... but I'm almost 30 so it doesn't make any sense...So following tips from Microsoft team 2 weeks ago I created a microsoft family with my other account, but now...