Windows 10: Need to change to an app for the MAILTO protocol, a different client, that is on my...

Discus and support Need to change to an app for the MAILTO protocol, a different client, that is on my... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can I change to an app for the MAILTO protocol, a different client, that is on my computer, but not on theMICROSOFT STORE........I was always able... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BobbyWKD, Sep 9, 2020.

1. BobbyWKD Win User

Need to change to an app for the MAILTO protocol, a different client, that is on my...

How can I change to an app for the MAILTO protocol, a different client, that is on my computer, but not on theMICROSOFT STORE........I was always able to simply select my APP from MY PC, but now there is no option to do this, only the suggestion order toSEARCH THE MICROSOFT STORE. The same problem existed for file type, but there was a 'work around' tosidestep the MICROSOFT STORE, & get what I wanted.....

Is there any 'work around' to do this, or am I missing something 'hidden' there in plain sight........remember the app I want to use, a different email client' isNOT IN THE MICROSOFT STORE, but it is a split second away on MY OWN PC.

With all due respect, is there a way to go to any app for any protocol, without hitting theSEARCH MICROSOFT STORE BRICK WALL?

:)

BobbyWKD, Sep 9, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

How To Change MAILTO: Protocol To OEClassic or Thunderbird? (W10CE)

No, it only lists those apps that specifically declare in the registry that they have the capability to handle the MAILTO protocol. I got Firefox to appear in my list by adding an appropriate registry entry to say that it did. You may well be able to add a similar registry entry for OEClassic. Failing that, you may be able to use Firefox to handle MAILTO as it would then act as a stepping stone on the way to your OEClassic.

From the link I gave earlier....

Bree, Sep 9, 2020
  3. Ex_Brit Win User

I can use mailto in Firefox and choose OEClassic, that's fixed but I still can't select it for the OS's MAILTO Protocol. It just doesn't offer any external programme at all except Outlook and/or GMail and those only because they're apps. It won't allow me to browse my Programs list.

Ex_Brit, Sep 9, 2020
  4. Edwin Win User

Need to change to an app for the MAILTO protocol, a different client, that is on my...

Try C:\Windows\explorer.exe shell:::{17cd9488-1228-4b2f-88ce-4298e93e0966} -Microsoft.DefaultPrograms\pageFileAssoc and set the protocol there.

Need to change to an app for the MAILTO protocol, a different client, that is on my... [​IMG]

Edwin, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Need to change to an app for the MAILTO protocol, a different client, that is on my... - Similar Threads - Need change app

2. Setting up portable application as default email client? re mailto

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting up portable application as default email client? re mailto: It was easier to work with earlier versions of Windows for this issue; just can't figure it out this time around.I use a portable email sniffer program, predominantly, to send/receive mail.In the past, it was easy to add it as the default email program esp. with regards to...
  3. Setting up portable application as default email client? re mailto

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting up portable application as default email client? re mailto: It was easier to work with earlier versions of Windows for this issue; just can't figure it out this time around.I use a portable email sniffer program, predominantly, to send/receive mail.In the past, it was easy to add it as the default email program esp. with regards to...
  4. Why the protocol is different of wireless mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why the protocol is different of wireless mode?: My Wi-Fi motherboard has support of 802.11n as you see in protocol, but the wireless mode just allow me select until 802.11b/g, why the driver just allow me select that options if the real limit of the motherboard is the 802.11n? My Wi-Fi motherboard is tp-link tl-wn881nd:...
  5. Why the protocol is different of wireless mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why the protocol is different of wireless mode?: My Wi-Fi motherboard has support of 802.11n as you see in protocol, but the wireless mode just allow me select until 802.11b/g, why the driver just allow me select that options if the real limit of the motherboard is the 802.11n? My Wi-Fi motherboard is tp-link tl-wn881nd:...
  6. How change default MailTo: to an app not listed?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How change default MailTo: to an app not listed?: I use an application by the name of Outlook Express Classic which is very much like the Outlook Express program that was discontinued by Microsoft. I want this to be my only email client program. I was able to make it my default App for eml files, but I am unable to make it...
  7. Need filepath to set Wndows Mail App as mailto helper in Firefox

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need filepath to set Wndows Mail App as mailto helper in Firefox: I want to set the Windows Mail app as the mailto helper in Firefox. I can open the App but I can't find its location. Unlike everything else it doesn't seem to ever have an Open Enclosing Folder option....
  8. Unable to change default app by protocol or filetype.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to change default app by protocol or filetype.: We use Bluebeam to open pdf files. The .pdf file is associated with this program, so if I double click on a .pdf file, it opens with this program. However: If I make hyperlinks in Excel to .pdf files, and I click on the hyperlink, it opens with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. If I...
  9. How To Change MAILTO: Protocol To OEClassic or Thunderbird? (W10CE)

in Browsers and Email
    How To Change MAILTO: Protocol To OEClassic or Thunderbird? (W10CE): As the header asks, anyone cracked how to get MAILTO: to look for a programme in the list rather than an App? God I hate what MS have done to this edition of Windows. I found the following online and using the first batch file I managed to at least get .eml extension to...
  10. Changing default MailTo Protocol in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing default MailTo Protocol in Windows 10: I would like to change the default MAILTO Protocol in Windows 10 to a program of my choice but it won't let me choose anything other than Thunderbird or Microsoft Mail. How do I select a specific program (in my case it is OEClassic). Thanks. 9971