Windows 10: Need to change to OLD password, please help.

Discus and support Need to change to OLD password, please help. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, Due to special circumstances that i cannot disclose i need to know a way to reset a password to one that was previously used, because of the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TristenT, Apr 13, 2020.

1. TristenT Win User

Need to change to OLD password, please help.

Hello,

Due to special circumstances that i cannot disclose i need to know a way to reset a password to one that was previously used, because of the unique situation if i cannot use the old password I will have no choice but to change to a new OS probably a LINUX based distro. I would prefer to keep Windows as it is what i used for 20 years. Please help so i don't delete windows.

:)

TristenT, Apr 13, 2020
  2. Bob Marks Win User

Reuse/Reset an old Password

Thanks for your quick response. But my problem is that M.S. says old password con not be used. I want to switch back to my old password. I think I need to contact M.S. to clear the registry for my passwords. Then, I will be able to switch back.

Bob Marks, Apr 13, 2020
  3. Reuse/Reset an old Password

Hi Bob,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better, I would like to know how are you trying to change the Password? Using web base browser or mail client?

For now let’s try simple steps and check if it helps. I suggest you to open the outlook.com web page on the browser and log-in using the working password. Now try changing the password from the change password option and check if it helps.

• Click on the Gear and click Option.
    • Click on Account details (Password, addresses, time zone) and click on
      Security & Privacy.
    • Click on Change password and provide the credential and change the password.
    Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Apr 13, 2020
  4. Need to change to OLD password, please help.

Password change for Windows10

Hi,

There are several ways on how change the user accounts password in Windows 10. We recommend that you follow these steps to easily change your Windows password.

• Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete, and then click Change a password.
    • Type your old password followed by a new password as indicated, and then type the new password again to confirm it.
    • Press Enter.
    Let us know whenever you need further assistance.

Nathaniel Mon, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

Need to change to OLD password, please help.

1. Need to change to OLD password, please help. - Similar Threads - Need change OLD

2. need help changing password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    need help changing password: Greetings. My Hotmail account has been hacked and I desperately need to change the password. The issue at hand is that in order to do so, one must receive a code for a secondary email account, which I created over a decade ago, haven't used since, and whose password...
  3. need help changing password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need help changing password: Greetings. My Hotmail account has been hacked and I desperately need to change the password. The issue at hand is that in order to do so, one must receive a code for a secondary email account, which I created over a decade ago, haven't used since, and whose password...
  4. need help changing password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Change password back to an old password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change password back to an old password: Hi thereI know how to change password.. but i have been asked too many times now to change my password, that i can't remember the new ones anymore, and want to go back to an old reliable passwordAny idea how to do that?Everytime i try it just says "You have used an old...
  6. Speeding up an old laptop - need some help please!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Speeding up an old laptop - need some help please!: I have an old 2.4-GHz Intel Core i5-520M processor, 2GB of RAM Elitebook. I want to try and speed up the integrated GPU if possible. Besides a new SSD, is there some software out there that might help with FPS? It has a new copy of windows 10 on it with DX 12 - or if there is...
  7. Need help please!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help please!: So unfortunately for me i was watching a movie last night when it said my internet connection has stopped and error etc... which is now working and fixed but i experienced a issue when my internet cut out at that time, my pictures/videos and settings and mail were all...
  8. Need help please

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help please: So yesterday i updated my win10 and every time before a update it start lagging and going all robot mode with me. It always ends after the update. But today ir happened 3 times and the one way to fix it temporarily is to shut it down, it doesn't even wanna go down itself i...
  9. need help please

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    need help please: I can't download battle net app on my pc to play blizzard games it wont even download it says on 1 or 2 percent and doesn't go up ugh please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-please/85742886-788d-4482-ba68-682a568b0dae
  10. Help needed changing Windows account password!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Help needed changing Windows account password!: Hi When i went to log on to my Windows account on my laptop this afternoon it told me my password was incorrect. I tried again and again and again without success. I am completely puzzled by this because i have used the same password for years, and there are only about 4...