Windows 10: need to change "wave" volume for old XP program

Discus and support need to change "wave" volume for old XP program in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a program called nightowl view that displays my security cameras video plus sound. The sound worked once but I can't get it to work again. When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rocket777, Jul 8, 2019.

1. rocket777 Win User

need to change "wave" volume for old XP program

I have a program called nightowl view that displays my security cameras video plus sound. The sound worked once but I can't get it to work again. When I look at the win10 volume mixer, it's there and on startup the volume is at 0. Moving the slider up does not help, and for some strange reason, this program doesn't have a volume control, only a mute button.

On XP, when this program runs, it too sometimes comes up with the volume off and in XP's volume mixer, it's the one called wave that is at zero. Changing wave to 100% restores the volume level of the program on XP.

I can't update this program as the vendor doesn't support it any longer. So, I was wondering if there's still something called "wave" in the sound system on windows 10 that I could change. In the volume mixer, on win10, I sometimes see the bottom of the nightowl program slider showing a bit of activity, even though that slider is at 100%, so I think this program still thinks the volume is set lower.

:)

rocket777, Jul 8, 2019

2. looking for a program to turn volume levels up and down per program

i am looking for a way to change volume levels for each program that plays sound similar to vista but i need it for xp

acousticlemur, Jul 8, 2019
  3. Will windows 10 run old xp programs?

I have a lotus organizer program designed for windows xp. Will Windows 10 run old XP programs?

KimRosenberg, Jul 8, 2019
  4. need to change "wave" volume for old XP program

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 8, 2019
Thema:

need to change "wave" volume for old XP program

1. need to change "wave" volume for old XP program - Similar Threads - need change wave

2. XP that needed reactivating after hardware change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XP that needed reactivating after hardware change: Many thanks for the advice BS. Set up computer with all the requested ID and rang the reactivation centre and the robot guided me through getting it reactivated.. Time consuming, but worth the effort. Up and running......
  3. XP that needed reactivating after hardware change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    XP that needed reactivating after hardware change: Many thanks for the advice BS. Set up computer with all the requested ID and rang the reactivation centre and the robot guided me through getting it reactivated.. Time consuming, but worth the effort. Up and running......
  4. XP needs reactivating.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XP needs reactivating.: I am running an old XP as a secondary unit and the dvd/cd died so I replaced it. The unit will not run windows past bootup. Window says it needs reactivating. I am aware that if some hardware is changed, it is likely to cause this problem, but how do I get around it?? The...
  5. XP needs reactivating.

XP needs reactivating.: I am running an old XP as a secondary unit and the dvd/cd died so I replaced it. The unit will not run windows past bootup. Window says it needs reactivating. I am aware that if some hardware is changed, it is likely to cause this problem, but how do I get around it?? The...
  6. Audio changes volume when changing Tabs/Programs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio changes volume when changing Tabs/Programs: Ex: My volume is set to 10 when using Chrome but when I open Apex Legends it automatically raises to 28. When I lower it and tab out and tab back in a couple seconds later it raises back to 28.. I'm not sure if it is because of my new audio device manager that was installed...
  7. Old programs from Windows 7 and XP not compatable with Windows 10

Old programs from Windows 7 and XP not compatable with Windows 10: Hi everyone: This is a big problem: Not only do I have a problem, but its hard to express technically what is going on without a lot of detail as I don't understand what technological jargon would cut through all the details here to provide a clear picture... I hope its...
  8. Old programs from Windows 7 and XP not compatable with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Old programs from Windows 7 and XP not compatable with Windows 10: Hi everyone: This is a big problem: Not only do I have a problem, but its hard to express technically what is going on without a lot of detail as I don't understand what technological jargon would cut through all the details here to provide a clear picture... I hope its...
  9. Old Windows XP

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Old Windows XP: Has anyone in the Microsoft Community experienced this yet. I made a new discovery today. In 2008 I created a Facebook page using Microsoft Windows XP. Over the course of 5 1/2 years, the News feed has been producing Spam, Malware and effecting everything up and including my...
  10. Problem running old XP program in Compatibility Mode

Problem running old XP program in Compatibility Mode: I have an old XP program, xReminder Pro, that I have been using for many years. I am currently running it in Compatibility Mode on Windows 7 and it runs fine. On my Windows 10 test machine, this program will install and run from a "manual" start in Compatibility Mode (Windows...