Windows 10: Need To Clean Up (Delete) User Accounts

Discus and support Need To Clean Up (Delete) User Accounts in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello folks, I am in great need to clean house. I need to clean up my user accounts and keep only one user. I don't know how I got to this through... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by caxtin, Jan 25, 2021.

1. caxtin Win User

Need To Clean Up (Delete) User Accounts

Hello folks, I am in great need to clean house. I need to clean up my user accounts and keep only one user. I don't know how I got to this through time. I need to clean up and make a new image of my system again. Please see the attached images for clarity. I need to keep and rename "User2". Any good tutorials, written or video would be well appreciated.
    Hope you all are keeping safe enough in this pandemic era?
    Cheers!

:)

caxtin, Jan 25, 2021
  2. kenkickr Win User

Deleting User Accounts

If you can access the admin account through safe mode then all you have to do to remove the other account passwords is go into User Accounts in the control panel and either delete the accounts or, I'm not sure, remove the account passwords.

kenkickr, Jan 25, 2021
  3. Facebook Allows Users to Delete Accounts

Yes, for quite some time, once you had a Facebook account, it wasn't going anywhere. Now, fortunately for college students and people with no attention span everywhere, Facebook now allows said people to delete their Facebook accounts. This was in direct response to user complaints about not being able to delete their accounts, if desired. Even if users were able to delete their own accounts, there were no obvious directions on how to do that. Another reason that Facebook decided to allow users to delete their accounts was a reason that could have gotten Facebook sued if they did not address it: privacy. The "I didn't actually make a Facebook" E-mails were really racking up in Facebook's inbox, and Facebook sometimes made it all too easy for people to research intimate/private/personal details of users' lives. At this point, deleting your account is just a help-page away. Facebook admins are considering adding a "delete account" button.

Source: The Inquirer

zekrahminator, Jan 25, 2021
  4. Need To Clean Up (Delete) User Accounts

Deleted account keeps reappearing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Is it still appearing no matter how you try to delete? I suggest you to follow the steps below to remove user account from your computer, and check if it helps. Try the ones you’re comfortable with.

Step 1: Steps to Remove a User Account in Settings

• Press Windows
      key, click on Settings.

• Click on Account, click on
      Family and other users.

• Select the user you want to delete under
      Other users and click on Remove.

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.

Step 2: Steps to Delete a User Account in Command Prompt

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, select
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type net user and hit Enter
      to list the user accounts on your device.

• Type net user "User account”
      /delete and hit Enter to delete the user account.

Step 3: Steps to Delete a User Account in Run command.

• Press Windows + R and type netplwiz, press
      Enter.

• Select the User account, click on the
      Remove
      button.
    Regards.

SujataMoktan, Jan 25, 2021
Thema:

Need To Clean Up (Delete) User Accounts

1. Need To Clean Up (Delete) User Accounts - Similar Threads - Need Clean Delete

2. help needed please, cannot delete a user account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    help needed please, cannot delete a user account: i have purchased a new laptop for my 10 yr old daughter. I signed in to my microsoft account and set my daughter as a family member so i can safeguard her usage.I messed around with the settings as i saw her account was shown as a local account and i wanted her to have access...
  3. help needed please, cannot delete a user account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    help needed please, cannot delete a user account: i have purchased a new laptop for my 10 yr old daughter. I signed in to my microsoft account and set my daughter as a family member so i can safeguard her usage.I messed around with the settings as i saw her account was shown as a local account and i wanted her to have access...
  4. Deleting user account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting user account: I want to delete a user account and a secondary standard account. How is it done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-user-account/6c15ce8e-aede-4e29-8191-55e98b29c33b
  5. Need help deleting a user folder that has no user account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help deleting a user folder that has no user account: I already deleted a user account, I chose the option to delete files along with the user but for some reason the folder stays and the appdata is still there taking up 31gb of space. I'm trying to delete it but it is not working at all. I tried taking ownership, disable read...
  6. I need to delete a user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I need to delete a user account: how to delete a user account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-delete-a-user-account/c605bc4c-da89-4442-a5c3-d1217abfd189
  7. User Account deletion

in Windows 10 Customization
    User Account deletion: Hi, I am an administrator trying to delete a user account named "public" in Windows 10 but I am getting error message: "you require permission from SYSTEM to make changes to this folder". How do I change this setting or get permission? Thank you...
  8. Multiple user accounts need to delete

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Multiple user accounts need to delete: I'm helping a friend, who knows nothing about computers, set up their new Win 10 machine. I'll spare the details as to how I did it, but there are now several user accounts, including two administrator ones in my name. I want to delete ALL user accounts and start fresh with...
  9. I need to recover a deleted user account..

I need to recover a deleted user account..: I recently had to pawn my laptop computer to be able to pay my rent, I picked it back up yesterday and noticed that since they assumed I was not going to pick it back up (I was late on the last payment by one day) they deleted my user account, now none of my program files...
  10. Deleted user account

Deleted user account: I have done something really stupid... I am selling my old laptop to a friend, and googled how to delete my user account. I did what it said and deleted a post in the register. Not anywhere on the page did it say that I shouldn't delete the account without creating a new one...