Windows 10: Need to click on taskbar to get Windows 10 to respond

Discus and support Need to click on taskbar to get Windows 10 to respond in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I power up the computer and log in the screen seems to hang and if I put the cursor over the task bar it shows the busy circle for minutes after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by simonc8, Jul 10, 2019.

1. simonc8 Win User

Need to click on taskbar to get Windows 10 to respond

When I power up the computer and log in the screen seems to hang and if I put the cursor over the task bar it shows the busy circle for minutes after logging in. I've found that if I do a single click in the task bar the screen briefly flashes and the icons redraw and the computer is now ready for action.

Does anyone know why this is? Is there something I could change in the system set up so that the PC would get to ready status without me clicking?

OS is Windows 10 Pro. Computer is Dell Optiplex 3040.

:)

simonc8, Jul 10, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Windows 10 Taskbar icons missing/ not responding!

Hello Pasindu,

Windows 10 may have encountered a system file corruption that caused this taskbar issue. For us to assist you with this, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10? To check, type in
      winver on the search bar and press Enter.

Meanwhile, we suggest that restart the Windows Explorer.exe to refresh your taskbar functionality by following the steps below:

• Open Task Manager
      by right clicking the taskbar.
    • Click More details at the bottom to expand the Task Manager window.
    • Under the Processes tab, look for Windows Explorer.
    • After selecting the Windows Explorer, click the Restart
      button at the bottom.
    • It may take a few seconds and things like your taskbar and Start menu may disappear momentarily, but when it restarts, things should behave better and you can exit Task Manager.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Xylee Del, Jul 10, 2019
  3. hellrazor Win User
    Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Jul 10, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Need to click on taskbar to get Windows 10 to respond - Similar Threads - Need click taskbar

2. Icons in Taskbar not responding to mouse clicks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons in Taskbar not responding to mouse clicks: Not sure how to describe this properly, but it seems others have similar issues. Some applications work as they did with Win10Pro have 11Pro now.Outlook, Calculator, Explorer, Settings; all behave as they did prior. Normal clicking selects the app and makes it active,...
  3. Icons in Taskbar not responding to mouse clicks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons in Taskbar not responding to mouse clicks: Not sure how to describe this properly, but it seems others have similar issues. Some applications work as they did with Win10Pro have 11Pro now.Outlook, Calculator, Explorer, Settings; all behave as they did prior. Normal clicking selects the app and makes it active,...
  4. Not responding to clicking

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not responding to clicking: Hi, I use an HP Pavilion running Windows 10 (OS build: 18363.1316). Today, after restarting it I noticed that clicking on certain thing in the taskbar wouldn't bring a response or open anything. For example, I cannot type anything into the search bar or press on the windows...
  5. notepad on taskbar won't respond to right click

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    notepad on taskbar won't respond to right click: I think this started happening since the latest update, other icons on my taskbar respond to right clicking and left clicking notepad responds fine, also opening the .txt files I made with notepad from my documents folder work perfectly fine as well KB4578968 I believe is...
  6. Windows not responding to clicks

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows not responding to clicks: Hello, I have a latest version of Windows 10 in my PC. Before some days everything was working perfectly fine. now, when I start the laptop it stops responding to the clicks. Sometimes Only taskbar works and sometimes taskbar doesn't work either. Also may times...
  7. Windows 10 Taskbar, Left clicking icons no respond, the right click menu OK

Windows 10 Taskbar, Left clicking icons no respond, the right click menu OK: I tried every method on the Internet, none can fix the problem completely. I have two computers the same issues, I use the latest version Windows 10, I bet MS cannot resolve this stupid problem in 10 years....
  8. Clicking not responding on windows 10

Clicking not responding on windows 10: Hello, I recently discovered that clicking is no longer possible on my windows 10 Acer laptop. The cursor is showing clearly however if i try to click anything there will be no response. If i right click it will bring out normal available options but left clicking on any of...
  9. empty taskbar and Win Menu not responding to left click

in Windows 10 Support
    empty taskbar and Win Menu not responding to left click: Am asking from a Win 7 Desktop - have prob on Win 10 laptop. Laptop was new 3 months ago (with Win 10 pre-installed) - have been using Win 10 to get used to it before installing on desktop PC (IE main PC). Hadn't used laptop in 2 weeks but tonight when booted, taskbar...
  10. Windows 10 Taskbar Not Responding

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Taskbar Not Responding: The Windows Icon and Search Windows tabs no longer respond. Restarting the Window Explorer process In task manager didn't work. Creating a new task of PowerShell with admin rights and entering the code; ''Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage...