Windows 10: need to continually reset network adapter - hardware?

Discus and support need to continually reset network adapter - hardware? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I continually need to reset my network adapter, do not know if my hardware is a problem, or if it is some settings or software. My surface is about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CarlosMonssen, Jul 14, 2020.

1. need to continually reset network adapter - hardware?

I continually need to reset my network adapter, do not know if my hardware is a problem, or if it is some settings or software. My surface is about 5-10 years old?

:)

CarlosMonssen, Jul 14, 2020
  2. Kashegan Win User

Resetting Network Adapter

While I have read several suggestions for resetting the network adapter, they all involve rebooting the PC. I am wondering why the Windows Network and Internet troubleshooter doesn't reboot after resetting the adapter? Whatever it does appears (mostly) to solve my network connection issues and a solution that doean't involve rebooting would be an improvement.

Kashegan, Jul 14, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - Network adapter constantly drops and needs to be reset

Hi Brad,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Sorry to know that you are facing this issue.

You may try these steps and check the status:

• Run the Network Troubleshooter and restart the computer to check if this helps.

• You may try a different network adapter/connection type if possible.

• Further you may also check for Windows Updates and check for updated drivers for the network adapter.

You will be able to solve some problems by running a troubleshooter that will automatically fix some common issues with Windows Update.

Open the Network troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      View All.

Click on “Network Adapter” troubleshooter to fix problems with
    Network Adapter. Follow the on-screen directions to run this troubleshooter and restart the computer to check if this helps.

Further, you may reset the winsock settings and check if this helps:

Run CMD as administrator.

In the command line type: “netsh winsock reset”.

Press Enter then restart your PC to check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Jul 14, 2020
  4. need to continually reset network adapter - hardware?

network adapters

Hi, Michael.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per my understanding, you may be facing an issue with your driver updates.

I suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if it helps you resolve your issue.

Method 1: Network troubleshooting

• On the search bar type “Troubleshooting”
        • Click on “Network and Internet”
        • Click on “Network Adapter” and run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Download and install the latest firmware updates for the Network adapter

Follow these steps to un-install the drivers:

• On the search bar type “ Device Manager”
    • On the left pane locate “Network Adapter” and expand by clicking on it
    • Right on the “ Network driver” option and click “Uninstall’
    • Download the latest Wireless network adapter driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community

Vanessa Sohtun, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

need to continually reset network adapter - hardware?

1. need to continually reset network adapter - hardware? - Similar Threads - need continually reset

2. Constantly need to reset wireless network adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Constantly need to reset wireless network adapter: Hi all,I have 5G internet connection Norway throguh the mobiel network, coming in through a special antenna that connects to the router. On advice of the installer Telenor we use Wifi rather than cable. Internet runs smoothly on all machines iPhone, Samsung phone, iPad,...
  3. Network adapter continuously changes to "public"

Network adapter continuously changes to "public": After a bunch of research I see that there are a lot of people effected by this issue: network adapter keeps changing from "Private" to "Public". I have gone so far as to change the settings in my registry, to set it in Powershell, and in Windows itself. No matter what I...
  4. why is my wireless network adapter always needs to be reset?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why is my wireless network adapter always needs to be reset?: I am having some problems. Whenever I am online, my screen won't respond. when I try to refresh, the little dinosaur comes on and says I have no internet connection. When I run the troubleshooter it comes up resetting your wireless network adapter or resetting your wifi...
  5. Network adapter keeps resetting

Network adapter keeps resetting: Hi, my network adapter keeps disconnecting and resetting itself. I first encountered the problem a few weeks ago but only for once or so per month. But now the problem has become really painful. My network adapter FRITZ!WLAN USB Stick AC 430 MU-MIMO, has also happened with...
  6. need to constantly reset wireless network adapter

need to constantly reset wireless network adapter: I have to keep resetting my wireless network adapter. Just started happening out of the blue. Connection drops every few minutes. Are there any solutions?...
  7. Constantly need to "reset wireless network adapter"

Constantly need to "reset wireless network adapter": Product: Hp Pavilion dv6 6b64ex Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit WiFi Driver : IntelR CentrinoR Wireless-N 1030 Problem: Whenever i start my laptop, the internet doesn't work. Laptop is connected to the router but it says "No Internet". Whereas, all other...
  8. Resetting Network Adapter

Resetting Network Adapter: While I have read several suggestions for resetting the network adapter, they all involve rebooting the PC. I am wondering why the Windows Network and Internet troubleshooter doesn't reboot after resetting the adapter? Whatever it does appears (mostly) to solve my network...
  9. Constantly need to reset network adapter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Constantly need to reset network adapter: This has been going on for about a month now: occasionally (usually every few days) Windows will tell me I have no internet, and when I troubleshoot it it'll reset the adapter and everything is fine again for a few days. Tonight, it's happened about 6 times in the last two...
  10. Constantly need to reset wireless network adapter

Constantly need to reset wireless network adapter: So, within the past 2 weeks my Lenovo laptop has developed a case of constantly needing to reset the wi-fi adapter. I've searched various help forums and have already: Confirmed my drivers are up to date Changed my power management settings Confirmed my wi-fi autoconfig...