Windows 10: Need to copy Edge favorites from one computer to another

Discus and support Need to copy Edge favorites from one computer to another in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I copy Edge favorites from one computer to another?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GeorgeP1, May 3, 2019.

1. GeorgeP1 Win User

Need to copy Edge favorites from one computer to another

How do I copy Edge favorites from one computer to another?

:)

GeorgeP1, May 3, 2019

2. want to copy the favorites on Edge from my home computer to my surface pro

Hi John,

I realize that you want to copy the favorites on Edge from the home computer to your surface pro. I will try to help you with this issue.

Your favorites and favorites bar in Microsoft Edge are now stored in an ESE database file in the “DataStore” folder at this location. Copy the contents of this folder to the USB flash drive.

“%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\DataStore”.

Move the files to the other PC using the USB flash drive. On the other PC, follow these steps:

• Close Microsoft Edge if open.

• Open File Explorer, copy and paste the folder location to press Enter.

• If prompted, click/tap on Replace the files in the destination.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, May 3, 2019
  3. JYAAVFM Win User

I need to copy Edge Favorites from One Computer to Another. The directions were for Internet Explorer.

We still need help to copy Edge Favorites.

Thanks

JYAAVFM, May 3, 2019
  4. Eric_999 Win User

Favorites How do I find my favorites in Edge

While browsing another thread, I found the answer to my previous question. Including it here in case others are searching for the location where favorites are stored.

Kindly, follow the below steps to navigate the Microsoft EDGE browser’s favorites folder location.

• Open Windows File Explorer and navigate to the following path:
    (Press Windows + E keys on the keyboard to open File Explorer).

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default

Note: username represent the user account name which you have currently signed in to the Windows 10.

• Here you will be able to locate the EDGE browser’s Favorites folder location.
    • Check whether you are able to locate the favorites which you have created in EDGE browser.
    Note: To back up your favorites in Edge browser, simply copy-paste this Favorites folder to a safe location. To restore favorites, copy and paste your Favorites folder back in the location suggested.

Eric_999, May 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Need to copy Edge favorites from one computer to another - Similar Threads - Need copy Edge

2. Copy Registry From One Account to Another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copy Registry From One Account to Another: Edition Windows 10 Home Version 21H1 Installed on ‎6/‎29/‎2021 OS build 19043.1288 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0 ------------------------------------------------------------------------My old machine bought in March of 2011 died after 10 1/2 years...
  3. Copy Registry From One Account to Another

in Windows 10 Customization
    Copy Registry From One Account to Another: Edition Windows 10 Home Version 21H1 Installed on ‎6/‎29/‎2021 OS build 19043.1288 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0 ------------------------------------------------------------------------My old machine bought in March of 2011 died after 10 1/2 years...
  4. Copying files from one computer to another.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Copying files from one computer to another.: I have several NTFS formatted portable HDDs that when new files are copied onto them from one machine and I attempt to read them on another machine the new files don't appear. I've tried to use chkdsk in command mode with the /f switch, but that will not run because I'm...
  5. COPY PHOTOS FROM ONE PC TO ANOTHER

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    COPY PHOTOS FROM ONE PC TO ANOTHER: I have over 7000 photos in file explorer on my old Toshiba laptop - What is the simplest way to copy these files to my new laptop - Both operate Windows 10 - Any advice gratefully received....
  6. Copying favorites from Firefox to MS Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Copying favorites from Firefox to MS Edge: Have just this last week upgraded/updated to W10 from the MS site itself. (Version 1909) (yep, the free offer from them is still there, you just got to know how to download it!). I'm messing around at the moment with this "new" Microsoft Edge. By the way, l can still access...
  7. FFS!!! How to stop Edge from copying site favorites from one computer to the other!!!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    FFS!!! How to stop Edge from copying site favorites from one computer to the other!!!!: Microsoft is pissing me off with windows 10 forcing multiple computers to be "integrated/connected" or whatever you want to call it. I got a desktop and laptop using the same windows account. I just got about every thing not connected to one drive, yet I get on my laptop...
  8. Copy Edge and Chrome Favorites / Bookmarks from Damaged Drive

in Browsers and Email
    Copy Edge and Chrome Favorites / Bookmarks from Damaged Drive: Had a thread I started in the Performance & Maintenance sub-forum about a REALLY slow Toshiba laptop. I eventually put in a new drive and re-installed W10. Windows 10 Version 1909, Build 18363.418. I put the old, slightly damaged drive in a caddy and was easily able to copy...
  9. How To Export Your Favorites From Edge To Another Browser

in Browsers and Email
    How To Export Your Favorites From Edge To Another Browser: I've been asked this a few times already and have always replied "It can't be done" *Redface Anyhow, seeing how I didn't follow the instructions in my signature and have found myself corrupting my Windows system while heavily overclocking and stress testing the CPU on a...
  10. Copy Modern-app settings from one computer to another?

in Windows 10 Support
    Copy Modern-app settings from one computer to another?: Is it possible to copy settings of Modern apps from one computer to another? Example: copy all the settings from the Photos app on one computer to another computer. 8217

Users found this page by searching for:

1. copy edge favorites to new computer

2. copy edge favorites to another computer

3. copy edge favorites to another machine

4. windows copy favorites from one user to another,
  5. how to move edge favorites from one pc to another pc,
  6. how to copy favorites in edge to another pc,
  7. how to copy edge favorites to new computer,
  8. how to copy edge favorites to a new pc,
  9. copying edge favorites to another computer,
  10. how to export edge bookmarks w10,
  11. how to copy edge favorites to another pc