Windows 10: Need to copy PC excactly to another PC and both activated. Both have OEM Windows 10 Pro.

Discus and support Need to copy PC excactly to another PC and both activated. Both have OEM Windows 10 Pro. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Need to copy a Lenovo Laptop onto a Dell workstation. Need them to be exact copies of each other. Both have OEM versions of Windows 10 Pro. Can we... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DerekJFenner, May 15, 2019.

1. Need to copy PC excactly to another PC and both activated. Both have OEM Windows 10 Pro.

Need to copy a Lenovo Laptop onto a Dell workstation. Need them to be exact copies of each other. Both have OEM versions of Windows 10 Pro. Can we image the Dell PC with the backed up image from the Lenovo and still get Windows to activate? Using Acronis True Image, but the question is more how do we get the copy on the Dell to be activated? We have backups of the Lenovo and also a cloned hard drive, but now worry if the laptop stolen/disaster/etc. etc.

The Lenovo Thinkpad P51 Laptop

Dell OptiPlex 3060 PC

:)

DerekJFenner, May 15, 2019

2. Windows 10 and 7 Pro OEM activation

Hi,

From what I understand the Win 10 Pro OEM key can be used to activate Win 7 Pro OEM. Bascially I have a request to build a PC with Win 7 Pro, as this is need for the software used by the business. I have run out of copies
    of Win 7 Pro OEM.

I've tried using a Win 10 Pro OEM key for a Win 7 Pro OEM activation, but it's not working, tells me the key is not valid. Am I suppose to install Win 10 pro OEM, activate it, and then install Win 7 pro OEM, and activate
    with the same key. I'm still getting orders for PCs with Win 7 Pro, and finally run out of copies.

What is the correct procedure to activate an Win 7 Pro OEM install with a Win 10 Pro OEM key?

Thanks

DavidKent1, May 15, 2019
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, May 15, 2019
  4. r.h.p Win User

Need to copy PC excactly to another PC and both activated. Both have OEM Windows 10 Pro.

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, May 15, 2019
Thema:

Need to copy PC excactly to another PC and both activated. Both have OEM Windows 10 Pro.

1. Need to copy PC excactly to another PC and both activated. Both have OEM Windows 10 Pro. - Similar Threads - Need copy excactly

2. both monitors are on but my pc doesnt detect the 2nd i have both screens duplicated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    both monitors are on but my pc doesnt detect the 2nd i have both screens duplicated: i have got a hdmi splitter for my pc in the hopes to extend my display. both displays are connected and working but they are only duplicated. i went into display settings to change it but i couldnt and when i click detect the pc is unable to detect the 2nd monitor even though...
  3. both monitors are on but my pc doesnt detect the 2nd i have both screens duplicated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    both monitors are on but my pc doesnt detect the 2nd i have both screens duplicated: i have got a hdmi splitter for my pc in the hopes to extend my display. both displays are connected and working but they are only duplicated. i went into display settings to change it but i couldnt and when i click detect the pc is unable to detect the 2nd monitor even though...
  4. how to share between Laptop and PC both have windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to share between Laptop and PC both have windows 10?: HiNeed to share files and do changes on both Laptop and PC , both at home and have Windows 10.Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-share-between-laptop-and-pc-both-have/aa3fdf23-5ecc-4da4-bcf5-968e9b47b897
  5. Using a Windows 10 PC with both HDD and SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using a Windows 10 PC with both HDD and SSD: Hi folks,I had a disaster with my new Windows 10 PC with SSD + HDD and I am trying to find out what I did wrong.Out of the box, the PC was fine but I wanted to install a different Windows version on the HDD. The installation completed successfully BUT the SSD seemed to...
  6. Windows 10 on both drives. Same PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 on both drives. Same PC: I have just purchased a new blank hard drive for my PC which I intend to install Windows 10 on. My current hard drive has an activated copy of Windows 10 on it linked to my Microsoft account. I would like to leave both drives in my computer and then choose which one to boot...
  7. Unsync both PC'S

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unsync both PC'S: I have two pc's both with windows 10. While setting it up it asked me to sign in to microsoft account I signed in on both computers using the same microsoft account and password. Now everything saved on one computer gets saved on the other as well...I want to unsync both...
  8. Windows 10 transfer OEM have both keys...

Windows 10 transfer OEM have both keys...: I have a lot of data and programs on an old laptop with windows 10 OEM, the battery died and is non replacable so had to get a new one. I have a backup windows 7 backup program, so when i restore on the new machine can I just use the change product key on the new machine and...
  9. Windows 10 Pro and Office 2016 both lost activation...

Windows 10 Pro and Office 2016 both lost activation...: Recently, my Toshiba laptop lost activation on both Windows 10 Pro and Office 2016. I have had this laptop for about 1 year. Purchased it used with a dual boot to Windows 7 and Windows 10. Windows 7 still shows activated. Never had a problem with Windows 10 or Office until...
  10. PC reset on a dualboot (both Windows 10) PC.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC reset on a dualboot (both Windows 10) PC.: I had a dual boot win10/win8 which I have now upgraded to both win10. I chose "remove everything" when upgrading from Win8 to Win10 which should leave me with just a default Windows 10 installation I was hoping. When I look at the amount to disc space used on the harddisc...