Windows 10: Need to copy PC excactly to another PC and both activated. Both have OEM Windows 10 Pro.

Discus and support Need to copy PC excactly to another PC and both activated. Both have OEM Windows 10 Pro. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Need to copy a Lenovo Laptop onto a Dell workstation. Need them to be exact copies of each other. Both have OEM versions of Windows 10 Pro. Can we... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DerekJFenner, May 15, 2019 at 2:02 PM.

1. Need to copy PC excactly to another PC and both activated. Both have OEM Windows 10 Pro.

Need to copy a Lenovo Laptop onto a Dell workstation. Need them to be exact copies of each other. Both have OEM versions of Windows 10 Pro. Can we image the Dell PC with the backed up image from the Lenovo and still get Windows to activate? Using Acronis True Image, but the question is more how do we get the copy on the Dell to be activated? We have backups of the Lenovo and also a cloned hard drive, but now worry if the laptop stolen/disaster/etc. etc.

The Lenovo Thinkpad P51 Laptop

Dell OptiPlex 3060 PC

:)

DerekJFenner, May 15, 2019 at 2:02 PM

2. Windows 10 and 7 Pro OEM activation

Hi,

From what I understand the Win 10 Pro OEM key can be used to activate Win 7 Pro OEM. Bascially I have a request to build a PC with Win 7 Pro, as this is need for the software used by the business. I have run out of copies
    of Win 7 Pro OEM.

I've tried using a Win 10 Pro OEM key for a Win 7 Pro OEM activation, but it's not working, tells me the key is not valid. Am I suppose to install Win 10 pro OEM, activate it, and then install Win 7 pro OEM, and activate
    with the same key. I'm still getting orders for PCs with Win 7 Pro, and finally run out of copies.

What is the correct procedure to activate an Win 7 Pro OEM install with a Win 10 Pro OEM key?

Thanks

3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

4. r.h.p Win User

Need to copy PC excactly to another PC and both activated. Both have OEM Windows 10 Pro.

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

Thema:

Need to copy PC excactly to another PC and both activated. Both have OEM Windows 10 Pro.

1. Need to copy PC excactly to another PC and both activated. Both have OEM Windows 10 Pro. - Similar Threads - Need copy excactly

2. New pc, Both MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION and WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New pc, Both MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION and WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR: Please see attached onedrive file including system infor and dumps https://1drv.ms/f/s!ApXB9N51Zya_giTtXh7_OCWH9Fce need help... thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-pc-both-machinecheckexception-and-whea/2bbd6da2-2255-4d92-9e35-f533da692a88
  3. File Explorer changing both location name in "This PC"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer changing both location name in "This PC": Before they were both named "E:" I do not know why, after I migrated OS and all files to the new NVMe M.2 drive and formatted the old HDD then moved some files back onto the HDD these two names just changed. I now know one is supposed to be named Videos and the other...
  4. PC resetting, do both delete windows?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC resetting, do both delete windows?: I just need to know a yes or no question, not a paragraph. Will “keeping my personal files” on the windows reset feature delete windows? Since I’ve had the issue before where it completely deleted windows using the “remove everything” option, I would like to know if the other...
  5. Windows 10 Activation used on another PC

Windows 10 Activation used on another PC: Hi, I received a Windows 10 Education product code from my University Institute to use for my fresh install of Windows 10. However, due to having BIOS issues with my PC (and I posted a help question on these forums about it), I was advised to install the Windows 10 ISO on...
  6. copying reading list to another pc

in Browsers and Email
    copying reading list to another pc: Anyone know how to copy a Edge reading list from one pc to another? I know I could use One note, copy paste the page address, or use a similar program, however is there a more efficient way something like google saving passwords. Cheers Raz 24112
  7. Folder sharing PC to PC not working, both Win10-64bit

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder sharing PC to PC not working, both Win10-64bit: After upgrading to Win 10 on both my PC & HP laptop, folder sharing worked even with my wife's Mac. Oddly, now the only one that works is PC to Mac. All folder sharing fails between my PC & HP laptop. I've checked my shared folders to be sure "Everyone" is included. When I...
  8. PC reset on a dualboot (both Windows 10) PC.

PC reset on a dualboot (both Windows 10) PC.: I had a dual boot win10/win8 which I have now upgraded to both win10. I chose "remove everything" when upgrading from Win8 to Win10 which should leave me with just a default Windows 10 installation I was hoping. When I look at the amount to disc space used on the harddisc...
  9. copy this installation to another pc

copy this installation to another pc: I have got windows 10, pro on my pc, is there any way to copy this installation to another pc. 37292
  10. I am getting another PC in a few days, both will be running W10.

in Windows 10 Support
    I am getting another PC in a few days, both will be running W10.: Hi, I am getting another PC in a few days, both will be running W10. What would you conceder the best way of keeping both computers data etc the same? Thanks for any suggestions, 42114