Windows 10: Need to create a Windows 10 boot disc or someway to get a clean install

Discus and support Need to create a Windows 10 boot disc or someway to get a clean install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; both my computers have crashed with the 20236 update. First discovered greyed out apps on my HP Envy laptop. trying to fix that I discovered the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DougSteeves1, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Need to create a Windows 10 boot disc or someway to get a clean install

both my computers have crashed with the 20236 update. First discovered greyed out apps on my HP Envy laptop. trying to fix that I discovered the store is closed. So here on the 17th I figure i can get in the store from the Cyberpower desktop. Hadn't been sign in for 2 mins when it tried to update and the arrow where back which mean it did an unscheduled update. i've think of looking to upgrade to Pro so if I bought a license for the HP no big deal 2 license tho out of the question. So unless there is something I haven't tried its create a clean install on a usb drive. So after all that rambling can anyone point me in the right direction? PS Microsoft had a little survey out when I sign in this morn "How confident are you in doing repairs on your own" Good thing i didn't let my ego runaway on me eh,

:)

DougSteeves1, Oct 17, 2020
  2. Towly Win User

Can someone create a Boot disc with windows and office so that installs both.

Hi all.
    I wanted to know if it's possibly to create a boot up disc with windows and office and other programs like adobe so that it installs it after a another.
    So that there is no hassle in changing discs everytime.

Towly, Oct 17, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Clean install of windows and discs

Hi, you can delete each and every partition comprising Windows and installed programs. You can leave any you have created purely for data files.

Before you do this, make sure you create a full disk image, so that you can retrieve any data you need from that after installing Windows.

Also make sure you know all the license keys for all your installed programs.

Search this list of tutorials for
    clean install
    Windows 10 Tutorial Index
    and you will find

At steps 11/12/13 you make the decision to clean install and which partitions to delete.

Or, you could simply wipe your existing disks completely, then clean install, which might be wiser if you are concerned about viruses e.g. using an appropriate live boot disk to boot your system.
    as explained that's your manual choice
    the disk on which Windows is installed is your choice as per the tutorial
    No, that's something you would configure after the installation - tutorial available.

I assume you're referring to apps from the Store, rather than downloaded and installed .exe files for traditional 'desktop' programs.

dalchina, Oct 17, 2020
  4. Need to create a Windows 10 boot disc or someway to get a clean install

Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

Need to create a Windows 10 boot disc or someway to get a clean install

1. Need to create a Windows 10 boot disc or someway to get a clean install - Similar Threads - Need create boot

2. clean disc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    clean disc: My Mac is running slow and hasn't enough memory to run simple games that it has been running for years. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clean-disc/f2bf9037-f4e6-4352-9cba-2ebd58be24a5
  3. clean disc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    clean disc: My Mac is running slow and hasn't enough memory to run simple games that it has been running for years. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clean-disc/f2bf9037-f4e6-4352-9cba-2ebd58be24a5
  4. Booting clean installation of windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Booting clean installation of windows 10: Hi, I am Rishad. So,basically I was trying to reinstall windows after the C: drive was showing error. I tried to boot it up from a bootable usb and I have succeded but my C: drive was showing error again and wanted repair after I checked it.So,I tried to install ubuntu...
  5. Need help with Boot Manager and installing SSD for clean Windows 10 install

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need help with Boot Manager and installing SSD for clean Windows 10 install: I just got my new Acer Spin 5 SP515-51N and it has a 1TB Hdd as the main drive which is slow. I bought a Sabrent rocket 256gb m.2-2280 SSD to use that as my main OS boot drive and I was going to use the 1TB as a seconary for storage. Seems any cloning from the 1TB 4096 to...
  6. Disc spacer after clean instal

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disc spacer after clean instal: I've recently did the clean reinstalation of Windows 10, and I've noticed that the free spacer on my disc hasn't changed ( no third party apps or games and I've nad many). Is this wierd or no? submitted by /u/chujciwcyce [link] [comments]...
  7. Clean install of windows and discs

Clean install of windows and discs: Hello, I want to clean install windows and remove all my data like apps and possible viruses. I have disc C: (where my system is installed and that's SSD disc) disc D*SadHDD drive with all apps and software) My question is when I do a clean install and it makes me decide...
  8. Creating a clean windows 10/1903 install

Creating a clean windows 10/1903 install: Hello Since I'm having troble re-installing Microsoft FSX I would like to create a clean Windows 10 latest version 1903 and put that on a separate disk or partition so I can install FSX there and alternately boot from that disk when I want to use FSX. I've downloaded and...
  9. Created the Repair Disc Win 10-64, How to get it to Boot?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Created the Repair Disc Win 10-64, How to get it to Boot?: I have created the ' Repair Disc for Windows 10-64 Bit', then turned off the PC and turned back on with said disk plugged in, nothing happened! I got back my normal window boot screen. Am I missing something? the wonderful MS intelligent directions called the created disk a...
  10. need clean install windows 10

need clean install windows 10: This was a windows 7 upgraded to 10. The pc has had a number of issue since the upgrade. Some issues i have been able to fix but some not and others are developing or worsening. I have had a number of crashes from iqrl less than or not eaqual to nonresposive pages both...