Windows 10: Need to create new password each time I switch from MS to Local ac

Discus and support Need to create new password each time I switch from MS to Local ac in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I operate all of my Win 10 pro machines as local accounts. I do have a ms account. Recently I logged into a PC with MS account credentials and when I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by htnelson, Jan 22, 2021.

1. htnelson Win User

Need to create new password each time I switch from MS to Local ac

I operate all of my Win 10 pro machines as local accounts. I do have a ms account. Recently I logged into a PC with MS account credentials and when I went back to sign in to my local account it remembered my user name but asked me to "create password". Used the same password for local as I had before and no problem but each time I switch back to local account from MS account it asks me to create and verify a password. Why is my local account password not remembered?

Also when logged into my MS account activation says "windows is activated by digital license linked to your MS account" but when logged into my Local account activation says "windows is activated by digital license". Why the difference. Does this pose a problem if I need to reinstall?

Accounts are administrator and all Win updates are current.

:)

htnelson, Jan 22, 2021

2. How do I create a new local windows 10 account without a password.

Hi,

Steps to follow "Create a Local Account without Password",

• Goto->Control Panel (view by (category))
    • User Accounts->Add or remove user accounts
    • Add a new user in PC settings->add someone else to this PC
    • Type the "Username"->leave the password field blank->Click Next.
    • Local Account created successfully without password.
    • Logoff the computer and login new local Account.
    But, Concern about privacy not recommended to create a local account without password.

Still If you have any queries, Reply me.

VinOth_VingO, Jan 22, 2021
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jan 22, 2021
  4. Need to create new password each time I switch from MS to Local ac

Unable to change MS password and email on W10 pc

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community, I understand you concern and we apologize for the inconvenience caused.

I would suggest that you follow the steps mentioned below and check if the issue persist:

Step 1: Recovery Environment.

• Go to the “Lock Screen” and press and hold the shift key and click on the
      power icon located on the bottom right corner of the screen.
    • You will have to restart your computer, you will be prompted to click on “Restart Anyway”.
    • Then you select “Troubleshoot” and click on
      “Advance Option” and locate and select Command Prompt

Step 2: Follow the steps to enable Built-in Administrator account:

• Once you open Command prompt type
    net user administrator /active:yes (To disable Built –in Administrator account give the command Active: No).

• Then press ENTER.

Step 3: Switch Account

From the in built administrator account, create a new local account and follow the steps below:

• Click Start and then PC settings.
    • Click Users and accounts and under Your Profile click Disconnect on the right of the screen.
    • Enter your Microsoft account's password, and click on Next.
    • Type in a Username, Password, and Password Hint that you want set for your Local account and click
      Next. Click on Sign out and Finish button.
    In order to switch back, follow these steps:

• On the newly converted Local account, click Start and then PC Settings.
    • Click Users and accounts and under Your Profile click Connect to a Microsoft account.
    • Enter the Microsoft account ID and Password and click Next.
    • Choose if you want OneDrive as your default file saving location, click Next.
    • Click Switch.

Note: If you have created a local account you can perform the step mentioned above from that account.

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

Need to create new password each time I switch from MS to Local ac

1. Need to create new password each time I switch from MS to Local ac - Similar Threads - Need create password

2. I will raise a new topic each time MS fails at somehting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I will raise a new topic each time MS fails at somehting: Everything... I mean... EVERYTHING Microsoft does is simply BAD.Bugs and bugs all over.Stupid bugs.- Simple things are complicated- Microsoft EDGE harassments over others browsers that are 100 times better is simply... insulting- Everything Microsoft claims as new feature......
  3. I will raise a new topic each time MS fails at somehting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I will raise a new topic each time MS fails at somehting: Everything... I mean... EVERYTHING Microsoft does is simply BAD.Bugs and bugs all over.Stupid bugs.- Simple things are complicated- Microsoft EDGE harassments over others browsers that are 100 times better is simply... insulting- Everything Microsoft claims as new feature......
  4. I will raise a new topic each time MS fails at somehting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Trying to switch from MS account to local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Trying to switch from MS account to local account: On my Win10 (20H2) laptop, I went to Settings, Account, Your Info. My info shows my Gmail email account name and below that it says, "Switch to a local account" (this is what I want to do) So far so good. When I click to switch to local account, my Gmail account login shows...
  6. Switching From MS Account To Local Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Switching From MS Account To Local Account: In Settings, I'm trying to switch from a MS Account to a Local Account. I'm asked for my name. When I give it I'm told that name is already in use. Of course it is; that's the account I want to use. Can I get past this somehow, and if I do. does that delete my MS Account?...
  7. Can't switch from local to MS account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't switch from local to MS account: I am trying to switch from my local account back to my Microsoft account. Yes, back to it; it worked fine before I used the local account to troubleshoot some setting issues. I filled in my password and it said it's wrong. I verified by logging in to my MS account online...
  8. Switch from MS to local account Win10 pro

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Switch from MS to local account Win10 pro: I have win 10 pro instllation set to login with Microsoft Account use for Office 365. I want to switch it to local account, and link with Microsoft Account, but I cannot find a way to do that....
  9. SYSTEM IMAGE - Will I need to create a new system image each time I want to update its...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SYSTEM IMAGE - Will I need to create a new system image each time I want to update its...: Hello at Microsoft. I have just created a system image for my laptop - Windows 10. The `Dummies` book recommends a regular update... weekly / monthly, etc. Will new data be added to the existing system image OR must I delete it and create a NEW system image each time I...
  10. Switch user option disapears often - need to reinstall each time

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switch user option disapears often - need to reinstall each time: Hello, Again, the switch user option is gone in my start menu, at my login screen and at the alt+f4 menu on windows desktop. The only way i could make it appear again last time was to reinstall the computer Actually, the only way i can switch user acounts is to log into...