Windows 10: Need to customize a folder and apply it to the entire OS.

Discus and support Need to customize a folder and apply it to the entire OS. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi - What I would like to do, if possible, is to modify one folder's properties and use those settings for each of the folders in the OS. So if I open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Compumind, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Compumind Win User

Need to customize a folder and apply it to the entire OS.

Hi -

What I would like to do, if possible, is to modify one folder's properties and use those settings for each of the folders in the OS.
    So if I open a folder in a directory and want apply the following settings for the entire OS. which is the best way?

Example -

Under View ribbon in a newly created folder, select:

Tiles -> Sort by - Type Ascending -> Group by Type Ascending.

Apply settings to the entire filesystem.

Thanks. *Smile

:)

Compumind, Jun 6, 2019
  2. mrgeek Win User

Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, Jun 6, 2019
  3. Folder customization reverts back.

Hi Julia,

Not able to apply the changes made is one of the possible reasons why this issue is happening. We recommend changing the folder icon thru its Properties. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click the folder you wish to change the icon, then click Properties.
    • Go to the Customize tab.
    • Below Folder icons section, click Change Icon.
    • Select the icon you prefer, then click OK.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Need to customize a folder and apply it to the entire OS. 0365d16d-52bf-4813-851a-b46b2f725333.png

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Jun 6, 2019
  4. Need to customize a folder and apply it to the entire OS.

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jun 6, 2019
Thema:

Need to customize a folder and apply it to the entire OS.

1. Need to customize a folder and apply it to the entire OS. - Similar Threads - Need customize folder

2. customize a folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    customize a folder: How can I customize a folder by placing a photograph on the outside cover. Thanks for the help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/customize-a-folder/99898af7-c99b-4d94-89f8-b4f0b3039375"
  3. How do I apply a custom cursor shadow?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I apply a custom cursor shadow?: I've only been able to find tutorials on how to turn it on/off, or how to apply custom cursors, which I already have. Is there any way to apply custom cursor shadows? Because in the custom cursor zip that I have there was a custom shadow....
  4. Custom icons in folders become small despite applying "Large icons"

in Windows 10 Support
    Custom icons in folders become small despite applying "Large icons": Some of the custom icons I put for games on my computer become medium size after restarting, and I have no idea why it happens. All of the .ico files I use to apply the custom icons are in a folder for icons, and they're all exactly 256x256 pixels big, but despite choosing...
  5. Applying custom Folder View settings to subfolders

in Windows 10 Customization
    Applying custom Folder View settings to subfolders: I've been reading up on applying Folder View settings to either All Folders or all folders of the same type, but neither of those is quite what I'm looking for. Specifically, I'd like to write my own utility that reads the folder view settings for any given folder (I...
  6. Applying a backup without an OS running

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Applying a backup without an OS running: Hey all, I have managed to run into a problem that I needed some help with addressing in order to not lose my data. To give a bit of background, my laptop has 2 internal hard drives, 1 is my main/primary drive which I used for day to day operation and the other was just a...
  7. Restart needed to apply changes

in Windows 10 Support
    Restart needed to apply changes: Upgraded to Windows 10 six days ago. All worked normally until today, when the message appears at start-up that a re-start is required for changes to take effect. Re-starting only produces the message again. Windows last updated successfully five days ago (Microsoft...
  8. Need to reload OS

in Windows 10 Support
    Need to reload OS: I have an HP 14-ac151nr that will not boot. I have tried restoring to earlier date but there are not any. I tried recovery options that will not work. I tried doing a clean install and that will not work. The hard drive is a 32 GB eMMC. All I want is to load Windows 10. Don't...
  9. Dism /Apply-Image and remove the entire content of the directory

in Windows 10 Support
    Dism /Apply-Image and remove the entire content of the directory: Hi I installed Windows ADK 10 v1511 on Windows 10 v1511 Enterprise 64 bit. I typed the following commands: Code: Dism /Apply-Image /ImageFile:"<wim_File_Path>\install.wim" /Index:1 /ApplyDir:"<Apply_Directory_Path>" /Verify /CheckIntegrity Dism /Capture-Image...
  10. Customize Some Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Customize Some Folders: Hi guys Can i ask if someone can help please I have a large collection of audio books and i need the folders they are in to be customized to add fields like Author, Comments and such like. So i would like the audio books folder to show extra details but not the other...