Windows 10: Need to customize a folder and apply it to the entire OS.

Discus and support Need to customize a folder and apply it to the entire OS. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi - What I would like to do, if possible, is to modify one folder's properties and use those settings for each of the folders in the OS. So if I open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Compumind, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Compumind Win User

Need to customize a folder and apply it to the entire OS.

Hi -

What I would like to do, if possible, is to modify one folder's properties and use those settings for each of the folders in the OS.
    So if I open a folder in a directory and want apply the following settings for the entire OS. which is the best way?

Example -

Under View ribbon in a newly created folder, select:

Tiles -> Sort by - Type Ascending -> Group by Type Ascending.

Apply settings to the entire filesystem.

Thanks. *Smile

:)

Compumind, Jun 6, 2019
  2. mrgeek Win User

Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, Jun 6, 2019
  3. Folder customization reverts back.

Hi Julia,

Not able to apply the changes made is one of the possible reasons why this issue is happening. We recommend changing the folder icon thru its Properties. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click the folder you wish to change the icon, then click Properties.
    • Go to the Customize tab.
    • Below Folder icons section, click Change Icon.
    • Select the icon you prefer, then click OK.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Need to customize a folder and apply it to the entire OS. 0365d16d-52bf-4813-851a-b46b2f725333.png

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Jun 6, 2019
  4. Need to customize a folder and apply it to the entire OS.

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jun 6, 2019
Thema:

Need to customize a folder and apply it to the entire OS.

1. Need to customize a folder and apply it to the entire OS. - Similar Threads - Need customize folder

2. Need help with W11 "apply to all sub-folders".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with W11 "apply to all sub-folders".: This is a repost from a W10 post now I have the same problem with W11...Yes, I know, right click on a folder, select "Properties" then the "Customize" tab, then click "Always apply..." However, it never works. For example, I'll try to organize my music files so each folder...
  3. Need help with W11 "apply to all sub-folders".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help with W11 "apply to all sub-folders".: This is a repost from a W10 post now I have the same problem with W11...Yes, I know, right click on a folder, select "Properties" then the "Customize" tab, then click "Always apply..." However, it never works. For example, I'll try to organize my music files so each folder...
  4. Apply custom columns and widths to all folders in Windows 10 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Apply custom columns and widths to all folders in Windows 10 File Explorer: I would like file explorer in Windows 10 to have the following columns and corresponding widths: Name 300 pixelsSize 75 pixelsDate modified 130 pixelsType 130 pixels, as shown in the attached imageI can change a single folder's settings to those dimensions, but can't figure...
  5. Customize folder view does not apply to subfolders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Customize folder view does not apply to subfolders: When using Windows Explorer, I want all my folders to be viewed as Documents. i.e Name, file size, last updated, etc.I do have some music sub-folders, but I don't like the Music view. Name track number, title, etc.So I go to the parent folder, right click for the context...
  6. Customize folder view does not apply to subfolders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Customize folder view does not apply to subfolders: When using Windows Explorer, I want all my folders to be viewed as Documents. i.e Name, file size, last updated, etc.I do have some music sub-folders, but I don't like the Music view. Name track number, title, etc.So I go to the parent folder, right click for the context...
  7. Custom Icons Not Applying Properly on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Custom Icons Not Applying Properly on Taskbar: I'm in the middle of customizing my PC and I tried to apply some custom .ico files to my pinned taskbar shortcuts by following this guide: https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/change-taskbar-icons-programs-windows-10/ and only 2 of the icons the first and last are applying custom...
  8. Installing OS for Customer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing OS for Customer: how do you install windows 10, log in and install some programs then make it where when the customer gets it, it goes to the new user screen and lets them create their own profile. basically i want to do a fresh install on an old PC, and be able to install steam and some...
  9. Custom icons in folders become small despite applying "Large icons"

in Windows 10 Support
    Custom icons in folders become small despite applying "Large icons": Some of the custom icons I put for games on my computer become medium size after restarting, and I have no idea why it happens. All of the .ico files I use to apply the custom icons are in a folder for icons, and they're all exactly 256x256 pixels big, but despite choosing...
  10. Applying custom Folder View settings to subfolders

in Windows 10 Customization
    Applying custom Folder View settings to subfolders: I've been reading up on applying Folder View settings to either All Folders or all folders of the same type, but neither of those is quite what I'm looking for. Specifically, I'd like to write my own utility that reads the folder view settings for any given folder (I...