Windows 10: Need to delete account that has remained as a good account but no longer exists. Causes...

Discus and support Need to delete account that has remained as a good account but no longer exists. Causes... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; THere is a nonexistent account that comes up on microsoft and I cannot delete it!... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Neal-49, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Neal-49 Win User

Need to delete account that has remained as a good account but no longer exists. Causes...

THere is a nonexistent account that comes up on microsoft and I cannot delete it!

:)

Neal-49, Apr 16, 2019
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Need to delete account that has remained as a good account but no longer exists. Causes... :(

Zakin, Apr 16, 2019
  3. kenkickr Win User
    Deleting User Accounts

If you can access the admin account through safe mode then all you have to do to remove the other account passwords is go into User Accounts in the control panel and either delete the accounts or, I'm not sure, remove the account passwords.

kenkickr, Apr 16, 2019
  4. Need to delete account that has remained as a good account but no longer exists. Causes...

Can't delete "emails and apps" account that no longer exists

I have an email account through a university I no longer attend that is included in my list of accounts. I receive constant notifications saying that I need to "update the password" for this account, but I can't because the account no longer exists. I also
    can't delete the account from Windows because when I click "Manage" it sends me to a login page for the nonexistent email. Is there a way to get around this and remove the account from my computer?

ReneeBabin, Apr 16, 2019
Thema:

Need to delete account that has remained as a good account but no longer exists. Causes...

1. Need to delete account that has remained as a good account but no longer exists. Causes... - Similar Threads - Need delete account

2. admin no longer works for company, need to delete account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    admin no longer works for company, need to delete account.: The administrator no longer works for the company but he is the admin on my account. I need to permanently delete the account, along with several other employees. The admin has changed my password so I can no longer log in....
  3. admin no longer works for company, need to delete account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    admin no longer works for company, need to delete account.: The administrator no longer works for the company but he is the admin on my account. I need to permanently delete the account, along with several other employees. The admin has changed my password so I can no longer log in....
  4. admin no longer works for company, need to delete account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Minecraft account no longer exists.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft account no longer exists.: When I migrated my Minecraft account I requested to change my email address associated with my Mojang account from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** to *** Email address is removed for privacy *** I was given this link...
  6. Minecraft account no longer exists.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft account no longer exists.: When I migrated my Minecraft account I requested to change my email address associated with my Mojang account from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** to *** Email address is removed for privacy *** I was given this link...
  7. company.onmicrosoft.com account no longer exists after logging in to company.com account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    company.onmicrosoft.com account no longer exists after logging in to company.com account: When our group started working from home, we started using MS Teams but it wasn't officially supported and still isn't by our IT group. Somehow I was able to install it and sign up with a "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" email address; our default "*** Email...
  8. admin account email no longer exists

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    admin account email no longer exists: The email account for the administrator of the pc no longer exists how do you update administrator account email https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-account-email-no-longer-exists/35f4f367-3dd5-4c87-9750-e0974b74393c
  9. Administrator account useid no longer exist and needs to be changed

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Administrator account useid no longer exist and needs to be changed: I no longer have the account that was setup as my microsoft administrator userid and I would like to change it from charter,net to google. Seems no way to do this without creating a new account. Former userid: charter,net no longer exists so can not verify account Want to...
  10. Can't delete "emails and apps" account that no longer exists

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't delete "emails and apps" account that no longer exists: I have an email account through a university I no longer attend that is included in my list of accounts. I receive constant notifications saying that I need to "update the password" for this account, but I can't because the account no longer exists. I also can't delete the...