Windows 10: Need to delete files but need administrator permissions.

Discus and support Need to delete files but need administrator permissions. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I dont know why these administrator permissions exist but anyway, I tried to delete some files in a program and it wouldnt let me because I need... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AisteK, May 25, 2021.

1. AisteK Win User

Need to delete files but need administrator permissions.

I dont know why these administrator permissions exist but anyway, I tried to delete some files in a program and it wouldnt let me because I need permissions from the administrator, someone please help!

:)

AisteK, May 25, 2021

2. Deleting a file that requires permission from Administrator

I'm trying to delete a file that keeps telling me I need permission to perform this action. I require permission from Administrators to make changes to this file.

Now if I look under User Accounts on the control panel there is only ONE account listed: mine as administrator.

However, under the properies window for the file there are three:

SYSTEM

Administrators (DJ Hernandez\Administrators)

Users (DJ Hernandez\Users)

The first two are listed as Full control on the Permissions tab of the Advanced Security Settings for the file. The Users is listed as Read. All three under Inherited From have C:\Program Data\Avg\Antivirus\

Is there any way that will allow me to get rid of this file? This belongs to a program that I have deleted using the Control Panel but it still shows up in the program listing under Programs and Features of the Control Panel.

Wild Child, May 25, 2021
  3. Scoka Win User
    File permissions to delete file

I am trying this, but it's taking a very long time.

Scoka, May 25, 2021
  4. Marby Rey Win User

no administrator permission

Hi Ryan,

Let us assist you to have an Administrator permission. To start, follow the steps below to enable the Windows Super Administrator Account.

• Type CMD on the search box.
    • CMD will appear at top.
    • Right click on it, then choose Run as administrator.
    • Type this command & hit Enter: Net user administrator /active:yes.
    • After you enable the Super Administrator account, log out on your existing account then log into Super Administrator account.
    • On the Super Administrator account, you can now create an Administrator account or give Administrator permission on the existing account.

After you created an Administrator account, we suggest that you disable the Super Administrator account by following the same steps and using this command:
    Net user administrator /active:no.

Let us know how it goes.

Marby Rey, May 25, 2021
Thema:

1. Need to delete files but need administrator permissions. - Similar Threads - Need delete files

2. How to delete a file which needs administrator permission

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to delete a file which needs administrator permission: I'm trying to delete some files on my PC. When I click delete, it says that I need administrator permission. I am the only user of this PC, so how do I get administrator permission?Thanks...
  3. How to delete a file which needs administrator permission

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete a file which needs administrator permission: I'm trying to delete some files on my PC. When I click delete, it says that I need administrator permission. I am the only user of this PC, so how do I get administrator permission?Thanks...
  4. How to delete a file which needs administrator permission

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. "Need administrator permission"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Need administrator permission": I am the only user on my computer. It was purchased new and set up with only my information. Yet, I cannot do several functions including deleting/renaming certain folders because I am not the "administrator."...
  6. "You need to provide administrator permission to delete this file"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "You need to provide administrator permission to delete this file": When I try to delete files, I get the following message: "You need to provide administrator permission to delete this file." I click on continue then get the message: "You require permission from xxxx\yyyyy to make changes to this file." I am the only user and...
  7. Administrator permission needed to delete file

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator permission needed to delete file: I am the administrator I am trying to delete a file, and it says I need administrator permission to delete the file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-permission-needed-to-delete-file/eefb5972-37ec-455e-9ed5-ee37c18ce6ba
  8. I want to delete a file but it needs an administration permission

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I want to delete a file but it needs an administration permission: Hi hope you can help me I need to delete a file from OS but I need to have administration permission and I don't know how to find it, the file I am deleting has been save on the PC as my PC has a partition, OS and D file many thanks if anyone can help me...
  9. "You'll need to provide administrator permission to delete this file"

in Windows 10 Support
    "You'll need to provide administrator permission to delete this file": I get this message when I try deleting a file from one of my external backup drives: "You'll need to provide administrator permission to delete this file" and when I try to copy a file to the drive I get: "You'll need to provide administrator permission to copy to this...
  10. Need Administrator Permission

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Need Administrator Permission: I'm trying to replace calc.exe in the System 32 folder with a version from XP, but keep getting a notice that I don't have permission. I'm in as the Administrator, what more do I need to do? Thanks! 46100