Windows 10: Need to Disable popup system and app notifications or disable access to security center

Discus and support Need to Disable popup system and app notifications or disable access to security center in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am looking for a way to secure a touchscreen kiosk. Currently the occasional windows security notification pops up in the bottom right and if you tap... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by UhOh.jpeg, May 31, 2023.

1. UhOh.jpeg Win User

Need to Disable popup system and app notifications or disable access to security center

I am looking for a way to secure a touchscreen kiosk. Currently the occasional windows security notification pops up in the bottom right and if you tap it it takes you to the security settings. I would like to disable it via registry settings so I can just add it to my script for easy deployment. Ideally all of the popup notifications would be disabled. Failing that, Restricting access to the security center would work as well but I am concerned it may actually disable the security altogether if not implemented properly. We do not have a domain so security groups and GPO's are out. Though loca

:)

UhOh.jpeg, May 31, 2023
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Disable Action Center in Windows 7?

Unfortunately that doesn't disable Action Center, all it does it cause Acution Center to bitch about the Security Center service not running.

Action Center seems to be a different beast from Security Center...

And telling it to not display any messages gets it out of the way, the same way disabling the icon in the suggestions above does, but Action Center is still enabled and running.

newtekie1, May 31, 2023
  3. shimshom Win User
    shimshom, May 31, 2023
  4. jdanniel Win User

Need to Disable popup system and app notifications or disable access to security center

Can I Disable Popup Action Center Notifications for a Specific Program

Hello, everyone, I am using Windows 10 64-bit OS Build 17134.48.

May I please request some assistance disabling Action Center notifications for one particular program? I know how to disable the notifications from apps and other senders, but I'm not sure how to disable notifications for selected programs if they are not in the Get Notifications from These Senders list.

I have a freeware audio converter called Media Human. When a file is converted, a notification appears on screen. The problem is, a notification appears for each and every file, whether it's one or 100, or 250.

The freeware app isn't listed in that Get Notifications list, so I was wondering if there's a way to disable notifications for that program, while leaving other notifications enabled.

If this is not possible, then I suppose I could temporarily disable all notifications while using that program. But if I can selectively disable that program permanently, I'd prefer that.

Is this possible? If so, what is the procedure? If not, then is my alternative the most practical one, or is there a better option?

Thank you! J. Danniel

PS: Just to clarify, I'm referring to the notifications that appear on screen in real time. I don't care about the notifications that are inside the Action Center. I can just clear them out whenever I open that area. But if I have to disable them both, that's fine by me. Thank you.

jdanniel, May 31, 2023
Thema:

1. Need to Disable popup system and app notifications or disable access to security center - Similar Threads - Need Disable popup

2. Need to Disable popup system and app notifications or disable access to security center

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to Disable popup system and app notifications or disable access to security center: I am looking for a way to secure a touchscreen kiosk. Currently the occasional windows security notification pops up in the bottom right and if you tap it it takes you to the security settings. I would like to disable it via registry settings so I can just add it to my script...
  3. Need to Disable popup system and app notifications or disable access to security center

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need to Disable popup system and app notifications or disable access to security center: I am looking for a way to secure a touchscreen kiosk. Currently the occasional windows security notification pops up in the bottom right and if you tap it it takes you to the security settings. I would like to disable it via registry settings so I can just add it to my script...
  4. How to DISABLE VERY ANNOYING Synaptics TouchPad is disabled notification popups?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to DISABLE VERY ANNOYING Synaptics TouchPad is disabled notification popups?: I have an HP Envy and I disabled the Synaptics TouchPad because I'm tired of brushing it with my hand and constantly moving the mouse around the screen or making screen selections I do not want to make. I hate touchpads so I always disable them and use a mouse instead. So, I...
  5. How to DISABLE VERY ANNOYING Synaptics TouchPad is disabled notification popups?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to DISABLE VERY ANNOYING Synaptics TouchPad is disabled notification popups?: I have an HP Envy and I disabled the Synaptics TouchPad because I'm tired of brushing it with my hand and constantly moving the mouse around the screen or making screen selections I do not want to make. I hate touchpads so I always disable them and use a mouse instead. So, I...
  6. Is there a way to disable security notifications?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is there a way to disable security notifications?: I get repeated popups telling me to check my antivirus software I have Fprot and Malwarebytes running in addition to Windows Defender and I must have clicked on "See fewer notifications" a hundred times by now. All this is is noise and jabber; is there a way to simply turn...
  7. Can I Disable Popup Action Center Notifications for a Specific Program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I Disable Popup Action Center Notifications for a Specific Program: Hello, everyone, I am using Windows 10 64-bit OS Build 17134.48. May I please request some assistance disabling Action Center notifications for one particular program? I know how to disable the notifications from apps and other senders, but I'm not sure how to disable...
  8. Disabling Firewall in the Notification Center

Disabling Firewall in the Notification Center: Hi I have been searching through threads on how to do this, but the only solution that is mentioned is turning off the notification center as a whole via registry or GPO. Personally I would prefer GPO, but there doesn't seem a way to do it for something this specific....
  9. Disable Security notifications?

Disable Security notifications?: Sorry. Thanks shimshom.
  10. Disabling "Turn on Windows Security Center service" popup

Disabling "Turn on Windows Security Center service" popup: I hate this pop up so much. Every time I reinstall Windows 10, it plagues me. What can I do to disable it? [img] 106882