Windows 10: Need to Disable Touchpad for Lenovo Yoga

Discus and support Need to Disable Touchpad for Lenovo Yoga in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The plastic cover for the touchpad is damaged which makes the cursor jump around. I tried uninstalling the Lenovo Pointing Device and drivers several... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nomormonkeys, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Need to Disable Touchpad for Lenovo Yoga

The plastic cover for the touchpad is damaged which makes the cursor jump around. I tried uninstalling the Lenovo Pointing Device and drivers several times. I have an external mouse that works fine but I'm unable to select to use this exclusively in settings. How can I choose to use only the mouse and to disable the touchpad?

:)

nomormonkeys, Dec 28, 2018
  2. YashMadan Win User

touchpad functioning on lenovo yoga pro3

I just upgrading window10 on my Lenovo yoga pro3. Touchpad is not functioning. I tried in settings but not helpful. pl. advise.

YashMadan, Dec 28, 2018
  3. RB222 Win User
    Touchpad cursor disappears and is unresponsive. (Lenovo Yoga 720, Windows 10)

SOLUTION: for the Yoga 720 12ikb

Problem: after sleep, windows pointer from touchpad dissapears and will not reappear

in your apps should be "Lenovo Vantage" start it;

--System Update: click on "Download and Install Lenovo Updates for Your Device"

-- Check for updates

1st recommended update was the driver: Elan Touchpad IAP for Yoga 720 Win10[64] v1.0.0.3

installed, rebooted

Problem not solved, so started Lenovo Vantage again, .... this time a Bios Update was suggested.

--Install, reboot

Problem solved.,or at this early stage it appears so! ..... you mileage may vary

RB222, Dec 28, 2018
  4. WJonesy Win User

Need to Disable Touchpad for Lenovo Yoga

Lenovo 3 Yoga Touchpad and Windows 10

I had the same problem.

First open the OneKey optimizer app that comes preinstalled with most Lenovo laptops. Click the Trash Can icon and click "Clean" button. This will clean the Registry errors.

Next, go to the
    Lenovo Support Page
    and locate your laptop under the "Yoga Series"

• Under filters for components choose "Mouse and Keyboard"
    • Under filters for OS choose "Windows 10"
    • Select the Synaptics Touchpad Driver and download it to your desired location.
    • Run the program
    Having completed the above:

• Type "Device Manager" in the search bar on the start menu
    • Open it the app and locate the "Mice and other pointing devices"
    • click the '>' and you should see "Lenovo Pointing Device"
    • Right Click and choose 'Properties'
    • Click the driver tab and uninstall
    • don't panic because the touch pad stops working (or if you have an external mouse to compensate)
    • Control-Alt-Delete and use Tab on the keyboard and highlight the power icon to the bottom right hand of the screen and restart.
    • Touchpad should be in working order.

WJonesy, Dec 28, 2018
Thema:

Need to Disable Touchpad for Lenovo Yoga

1. Need to Disable Touchpad for Lenovo Yoga - Similar Threads - Need Disable Touchpad

2. Lenovo Yoga 12 touchpad not working?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lenovo Yoga 12 touchpad not working?: I have a Lenovo Yoga 12 on Windows 10 but the touchpad (including the nipple and the TrackPoint buttons) doesnt seem to be working at all? The touchscreen is working fine, but if I try the touchpad there is no response at all and there is no pointer mouse shown at all? I have...
  3. Lenovo Yoga webcam

Lenovo Yoga webcam: I am at a loss!....Webcam will not turn on lenovo yoga......Been through security software, lenovo software and microsoft drivers etc plus the obvious toggle button. Any ideas would be welcome before the machine goes through the window!!!!! :-......I wonder if an update has...
  4. Yoga 11s touchpad

Yoga 11s touchpad: My computer recently did a system reset and during that process, I lost use of my touchpad. How do I regain the use of the touchpad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yoga-11s-touchpad/4faa1642-fdf4-4024-abdd-607d884cf253
  5. synaptics touchpad not working on lenovo yoga 3

synaptics touchpad not working on lenovo yoga 3: I have this problem with my lenovo's yoga 3 pro touchpad that stops working, if i go to device manager there's a I2C HID device with a yellow warning sign, it says device cannot start code 10, when i try to disable device, end then reenable it sometimes it comes back to work...
  6. Lenovo 730 Yoga Touchpad Issues

Lenovo 730 Yoga Touchpad Issues: Hi! I recently purchased a Lenovo Yoga 730 second hand, with a broken touch screen. It was working fine until the touch pad or mouse would get dragged to the top right of the screen, where I would see little white dots with crosshairs on them Touchscreen dots? I unplugged...
  7. lenovo yoga 2 11 touchpad issue

lenovo yoga 2 11 touchpad issue: Windows 10 Pro version 1903 build 18362.476 Synaptics driver version 19.4.18.35 The touchpad worked flawlessly in the previous version but after the update of windows it stopped working I've uninstalled and reinstalled and then updated again and many other things but...
  8. BSOD on Lenovo Yoga

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on Lenovo Yoga: Hi, I've got a BSOD with two different error messages: Unexpected_Store_Exception, and Critical Process Died. I downloaded the diagnostic tool and the compressed file is attached. Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.
  9. Laptop Touchpad Problems: Windows 10 Lenovo Yoga 730

Laptop Touchpad Problems: Windows 10 Lenovo Yoga 730: Hi, So I bought my Lenovo laptop (a Yoga 730) back around July/August of last year, and for the first few months everything was working beautifully. However, since the beginning of December, the touchpad on my Yoga began to stop working and get a little wonky. At first, the...
  10. brightness on lenovo yoga

in Windows 10 Customization
    brightness on lenovo yoga: Hi I cant change/adjust the brightness on my Lenovo yoga after updating my laptop. Please help. I have tried going to monitor/general pnp/ uninstall, install and sstill not working - also tried to uninstall update- that also didn't work....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to disable touchpad lenovo yoga

2. Elan touchpad iap

3. TURN OFF TOUCH PAD ON LENOVO CARBON