Windows 10: Need to Disable Win 10 Pro From Forcefully Updating

Discus and support Need to Disable Win 10 Pro From Forcefully Updating in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I have been using an earlier build of windows 10 Pro for a while now without incident for my laptop up until just recently when my system crashed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SotoPrior, Mar 14, 2019.

1. SotoPrior Win User

Need to Disable Win 10 Pro From Forcefully Updating

So I have been using an earlier build of windows 10 Pro for a while now without incident for my laptop up until just recently when my system crashed with a blue screen error about Host configure Error or something that basically disabled my ability to load up my desktop to backup my files since it wouldn't load past the initial loading screen before crashing. As of such I had to load in a backed up image I had of My laptop's desktop from a hard drive and now have to deal with more of a bigger transgression than just losing my data, that being Microsoft's strangely forced Update initiative.

As I had ran an earlier build, (One I have backed up, but can't remember name off the top of my head,) since I've last spent some time connected to my home network, the laptop has now been forcefully updating itself, despite my attempts to uninstall the windows 10 upgrade assistant to the current problematic build I'm dealing with right now 17134.648, that now, because I last connected to the internet, has disabled my ability now to shut down the windows proper, instead opting for my only two choices being able to "update and shut down," and "update and restart."

So some of you may be wondering why I simply don't just update the laptop, and it mostly has to do with some of the software I'm using on it for whatever reason will refuse to run on the latest versions of Windows 10 pro, but will work for earlier builds strangely enough, and then of course, there's simply my issue right now, with Microsoft absolutely refusing to give me a choice right now to properly shut down my machine through traditional menu items and pulling all these downloads behind my back for version updates, despite me going into the menu and seemingly selecting to voucher against updating the build behind my back in the menu items. Can anyone tell me if there's a Default Group Policy somewhere or something that forces the windows to not seek updates, because I don't remember why it wasn't updating forcefully before with a simple uninstallation of the windows 10 upgrade assistant before compared to now since I last ran the image backup when my system just recently was restored.

So yeah, if please if anyone can provide me with some sort of solution that can help me, or anything in particular that would be much appreciated thanks.

:)

SotoPrior, Mar 14, 2019

2. Can we disable Win Auto Update on win 10 Pro ?

As the title said, can we disable win auto update on win 10 pro ?
    i read somewhere on internet the difference between pro and enterprise is 10 pro can not disable auto update, only can defer it for 8 months (?)

ryanframes, Mar 14, 2019
  3. NGeo Win User
    The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Hey Dj Urko, I am trying to install the realtek driver and I get the error 0x0001. I have disabled secure boot and Driver signature. I have the latest win 10 build. What am I doing wrong? Can u post the complete list of steps that I have to take? I have an asus z170 with alc1150.
    Thanks in advance

4. Callender Win User

Win 10 Pro disable the Windows Update service no longer viable??

Can't really comment on newer builds. I'm just using Windows 10 Home where "apparently" it's not possible to manually download updates.

However here are a few screenshots from my machine.

Need to Disable Win 10 Pro From Forcefully Updating [​IMG]

It's possible that disabling "Refresh Settings" task prevents the settings being auto changed but that is just a guess.

Callender, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Need to Disable Win 10 Pro From Forcefully Updating - Similar Threads - Need Disable Pro

2. Updating Win 11 to pro from a disabled PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updating Win 11 to pro from a disabled PC: I recently bought a new ASUS PC with Win 10 home installed. Obviously this is an OEM License. The PC I was using had Win 10 Pro on it, but I have turned that into a FreeNAS server. I won't be needing/using that Win 10 license anymore. I have updated the ASUS PC to Win 11, but...
  3. Updating Win 11 to pro from a disabled PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updating Win 11 to pro from a disabled PC: I recently bought a new ASUS PC with Win 10 home installed. Obviously this is an OEM License. The PC I was using had Win 10 Pro on it, but I have turned that into a FreeNAS server. I won't be needing/using that Win 10 license anymore. I have updated the ASUS PC to Win 11, but...
  4. Forced Update on Windows 10 PRO with auto updates disabled by group policy

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Forced Update on Windows 10 PRO with auto updates disabled by group policy: Hello Today I was using my Dell laptop as usual and after some time I wanted to shut it down. Instead of shutting down updates were installed(Before shutting it down there were no notifications or anything suggesting that updates are being downloaded etc.). This is weird...
  5. Updated from 7 to Win 10 or Pro?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updated from 7 to Win 10 or Pro?: When the free updates from Win7 where being distributed i cant recall how i got 10Pro, was this an upgrade option at the time? I want to do a complete fresh install of Win10 and i noticed i now have the pro edition but if i do fresh install will it still be pro edition? 131028
  6. Need to Disable Win 10 Pro From Forcefully Updating

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Need to Disable Win 10 Pro From Forcefully Updating: So I have been using an earlier build of windows 10 Pro for a while now without incident for my laptop up until just recently when my system crashed with a blue screen error about Host configure Error or something that basically disabled my ability to load up my desktop to...
  7. Update to win 10 pro from win 10 home

Update to win 10 pro from win 10 home: i can't update my windows, i have a license product key win 10. code 0x803fa067 what i must do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/update-to-win-10-pro-from-win-10-home/39c1608e-59e9-47de-97ae-274a29b087fe
  8. Can we disable Win Auto Update on win 10 Pro ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can we disable Win Auto Update on win 10 Pro ?: As the title said, can we disable win auto update on win 10 pro ? i read somewhere on internet the difference between pro and enterprise is 10 pro can not disable auto update, only can defer it for 8 months (?) 90461
  9. Need to upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro

Need to upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro: My first PC I upgraded did not upgrade to Pro. So I want to download the media for Pro, and upgrade with it. When I go to the MS site to download, it does not offer me a selection of versions to download. Can anyone suggest where to find the Pro Win 10 download, or a...
  10. Win 10 Pro forced upgrade.. sigh.

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Pro forced upgrade.. sigh.: So I remember last summer probably.. when I was switching to Windows 10 and trying to make it look as close to the classic look with the normal taskbar with no pinning, normal quick launch buttons, a proper and configurable start menu with subfolders to sort my programs...