Windows 10: Need to disable Windows Defender permamnently on Win 10 Home 64

Discus and support Need to disable Windows Defender permamnently on Win 10 Home 64 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I need to disable windows defender on Win 10 Home 64. The machine is quite old and it goes catatonic when defender runs. It runs at boot for 90 min.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by The Logic Mangler, May 17, 2022.

1. Need to disable Windows Defender permamnently on Win 10 Home 64

I need to disable windows defender on Win 10 Home 64. The machine is quite old and it goes catatonic when defender runs. It runs at boot for 90 min. Then at the same time everyday for 40 min. It will also run randomly for 40 min. I can't use group policies because this is Win 10 Home. I can't use the registry because this is the new version of defender. I can't delete the folder because it is read-only. I am fine with being unprotected because I don't go to dodgy websites and everything is backed up regularly and I have nothing irreplaceable on the machine. This behaviour is most inconvenient

:)

The Logic Mangler, May 17, 2022

2. How to disable windows defender for long time?

Hi Andrew,

If I understand you correctly you are willing to disable Windows Defender from your system. I would like to know few more things to understand the issue in a better way.

• Why are you trying to disable Windows Defender? Are you planning to install any third party security software?
    • From where you have followed the steps to disable Windows defender using registry?
    • Are you logged in as Administrator?

The steps which you have mentioned to disable Windows Defender using gpedit.msc is correct. If you are unable to disable it then you may do that by stopping the service responsible for Windows Defender. Here are steps which you may follow to perform the
    same task.

• Press Windows key + R to open run box.
    • Type services.msc and hit enter.
    • There should be 2 services: Windows Defender Service
      and Windows Defender Network14.
    • Right click on each and press stop.

If you will stop the service responsible for Windows Defender then it will not run till it is stopped. Do get back to us with all the information required and result of proposed suggestion. We will be happy to assist you further.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, May 17, 2022
  3. How to disable windows defender for long time?

Dear ramesh,

I too agree with Farah in that the options to start, stop Windows Defender are not clickable. There should be a way to stop the WD

Azad Rahimtoola, May 17, 2022
  4. topgundcp Win User

Need to disable Windows Defender permamnently on Win 10 Home 64

Permanently Disable Windows Defender?

Since this is a TP. The option to turn off/disable Windows Defender is grayed out. However, you can turn off by:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

1. Open Admin Command Prompt and type: gpedit.msc
    2. Manoeuver to: Computer Configuration->Administrative Templates->Windows Components->Windows Defender
    3. Double click on "Turn Off Windows Defender" and select "Enabled" then click "Apply"

WARNING: After turn off "Windows Defender", you might not be able to turn it back on. I suggest before trying this, make a backup image so you can restore to the way it was.

Need to disable Windows Defender permamnently on Win 10 Home 64 [​IMG]

topgundcp, May 17, 2022
Thema:

Need to disable Windows Defender permamnently on Win 10 Home 64

1. Need to disable Windows Defender permamnently on Win 10 Home 64 - Similar Threads - Need disable Defender

2. Need to disable Windows Defender permamnently on Win 10 Home 64

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to disable Windows Defender permamnently on Win 10 Home 64: I need to disable windows defender on Win 10 Home 64. The machine is quite old and it goes catatonic when defender runs. It runs at boot for 90 min. Then at the same time everyday for 40 min. It will also run randomly for 40 min. I can't use group policies because this is Win...
  3. Need to disable Windows Defender permamnently on Win 10 Home 64

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Need to disable Windows Defender permamnently on Win 10 Home 64: I need to disable windows defender on Win 10 Home 64. The machine is quite old and it goes catatonic when defender runs. It runs at boot for 90 min. Then at the same time everyday for 40 min. It will also run randomly for 40 min. I can't use group policies because this is Win...
  4. win 10 home 64 bit

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    win 10 home 64 bit: MY COMPUTER STARTED MESSING UP error: NO BOOT DISK DETECTED OR DISK HAS FAILED THEN I COULD PUT WIN 10 INAND WOULD BOOT DID DIAG ON HARDDRIVE FIRST SAID THAT TEST WASNT IN COMP AND THEN LATER RAN TEST I CANT GET INTO BIOS OR OPEN ANYTHING I HAVE NO DATE FOR BACKING UP I CANT...
  5. win 10 home 64 bit

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    win 10 home 64 bit: MY COMPUTER STARTED MESSING UP error: NO BOOT DISK DETECTED OR DISK HAS FAILED THEN I COULD PUT WIN 10 INAND WOULD BOOT DID DIAG ON HARDDRIVE FIRST SAID THAT TEST WASNT IN COMP AND THEN LATER RAN TEST I CANT GET INTO BIOS OR OPEN ANYTHING I HAVE NO DATE FOR BACKING UP I CANT...
  6. Win 10. Home 64 Bit

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10. Home 64 Bit: Hello, I have connected a 2. HD, Sata 2, 160 GB. When I start Diskmgmt it takes a very, very longtime but ir show the second HD divided in two parts. My question are. 1. How I can mix the two parts to one area of about 160 GB. 2. How I can format this HD. 3. Why it takes so...
  7. Win 10 Home 64 Bit

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Home 64 Bit: I wanted to install WIN 10 via Meidcreationtool (inplace). Unfortunately it shows error: WDSCORE.dll not found. 171294
  8. Upgrading win 10 Home 64 bits to Win 10 64 bits Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading win 10 Home 64 bits to Win 10 64 bits Pro: I have a laptop with win10 Home 64 bits installed on it. I need t upgrade it to Win 10 Pro 64 bits. I have a digital Licence on my PC Pro 64 bits. I have already tried to upgrade my laptop with clean install but Microsoft does not give me any choice except buying the...
  9. Install Win 8.1 64 on laptop pre-installed Win 10 Home 64

in Windows 10 Customization
    Install Win 8.1 64 on laptop pre-installed Win 10 Home 64: Dear Friends, My laptop HP Pavilion Win 10 Home 64 Factory-installed. Now I like to install Win 8.1 64 more on a new partition so that the Office 2007 32 can be run there. Thanks for your attention Quyen Pham Dinh With profound thankfulness if help me by mail to ***...
  10. hope to upgrade to Win 10 Home 64 bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    hope to upgrade to Win 10 Home 64 bit: Here is my situation, hopefully someone can advise: I upgraded Win 7 32 bit to Win 10 Home 32 bit with no problems, been running it for a while. Now I want to do a clean install. However, my hardware supports 64 bit, so I hope to upgrade to Win 10 Home 64 bit, and from...