Windows 10: Need to do a factory reset. But can't get into windows 10 log in issue

Discus and support Need to do a factory reset. But can't get into windows 10 log in issue in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My neighbors son was visiting and he set up a new computer (Windows 10 original install) for her. However he didn't write down the login information... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DET1242, Nov 21, 2015.

1. DET1242 Win User

Need to do a factory reset. But can't get into windows 10 log in issue

My neighbors son was visiting and he set up a new computer (Windows 10 original install) for her. However he didn't write down the login information and now doesn't remember what it was. *Mad

How can I recover her machine an redo the installation?

:)

DET1242, Nov 21, 2015

2. Trying to reset to factory settings but get a "can't find the recovery environment" message

I have a surface pro 3 with win 10. It is slow and I would like to reset it to factory settings. When I do this I get a "can't find the recovery environment" message. I upgraded to win 10 from 8.1. Thanks

KyleMerriman, Nov 21, 2015
  3. Trying to reset to factory settings but get a "can't find the recovery environment" message

Hello Kyle,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Let us know few things to assist you in this regard.

Did you used Factory Settings before?

Are you able to see Recovery Partition under Disk Management?

Did you Upgraded or Performed clean install to avail Windows 10?

When you Upgraded you PC to Windows 10? Like is it before 30 days?

Try below steps and check if they helps.

* Press Windows key + R to open run command, type diskmgmt.msc and hit enter.

* Check whether a drive letter is assigned there for recovery partition.

* If no try assigning a drive letter to the same and check if it helps.

• To assign a drive letter if one has not already been assigned, click Add, click the letter that you want to use, and then click
      OK.

• To change a drive letter, click Change, click Assign the following drive letter, click the letter that you want to use, and then click
      OK.

• To remove a drive letter, click Remove, and then click Yes to confirm that you want to remove it.
    Keep us posted the above information to analyze the root cause.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Nov 21, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Ztruker, Nov 21, 2015
Thema:

1. Need to do a factory reset. But can't get into windows 10 log in issue - Similar Threads - Need factory reset

2. Logged out of windows and unable to get in after a factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logged out of windows and unable to get in after a factory reset: So for the past few days I've been dealing with an issue after factory resetting my pc. After i reset it and all was going smoothly it booted back up and i noticed that my home screen background was still there after i did a full wipe of all my drives, as i continued the...
  3. Logged out of windows and unable to get in after a factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Logged out of windows and unable to get in after a factory reset: So for the past few days I've been dealing with an issue after factory resetting my pc. After i reset it and all was going smoothly it booted back up and i noticed that my home screen background was still there after i did a full wipe of all my drives, as i continued the...
  4. Do I need to factory reset or no?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Do I need to factory reset or no?: I got a notification saying that both my antivirus were turned off and so I did a scan and found threats but it didn't let me do the "start actions" so I contacted support and the person sent me a link that said "MSERT" and claimed it was an antivirus and I don't know if that...
  5. Can't log into factory reset laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't log into factory reset laptop: I recently had to factory reset my laptop as it got stuck in an infinite loop, so I'm starting from fresh with none of my previous data. I'm trying to log back into my Microsoft account to use it as my user account on the laptop. I can log in fine, but then it asks me for...
  6. Issue with factory resetting Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issue with factory resetting Windows 10: I have an issue with resetting my computer. Last night, I went into the update menu, and did a factory reset, that would remove all of my files, as I am selling it. I started the reset and left the computer there. When I checked on the computer again, it would show the...
  7. Can't factory reset windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't factory reset windows 10: So my laptop refuses to boot up properly. But when i go into troubleshoot and click system restore. It says i cant restore the system. the exact message is: to use system restore, you must specify which windows installation to restore. Restart this computer, select and...
  8. Can't do a factory reset.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't do a factory reset.: Title says it all, I want to do a factory reset and it keeps telling me that an error as occured after restarting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-do-a-factory-reset/40613141-f46c-4ba7-a9f9-d1e9bbdc4f71
  9. Windows 10 can't factory reset

Windows 10 can't factory reset: Hey guys, just wanted to ask why i cant factory reset my laptop. The program that runs the reset just displays "There was a problem resetting your PC" Maybe because my laptop was bought with the Windows 8.1 package and did have the option to upgrade to Windows 10, and i did...
  10. Can't factory reset Windows 10.

Can't factory reset Windows 10.: Hey guys. Upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 today, but it didn't ask me about whether or not I wanted to keep anything or not.. it just automatically kept my files.. but I wanted it to wipe everything clean with this install. So I'm on Windows 10 now and I want to do a...