Windows 10: Need to do a reset to change microsoft admin account name

Discus and support Need to do a reset to change microsoft admin account name in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I recently purchased a new Dell laptop and had my employee prepare it for me. She made the mistake of using my microsoft account instead of creating a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AzorRap, Jan 11, 2020.

1. AzorRap Win User

Need to do a reset to change microsoft admin account name

I recently purchased a new Dell laptop and had my employee prepare it for me. She made the mistake of using my microsoft account instead of creating a local account when first starting the computer. Now, I can't change my name on the admin account and can't be anonymous on the login page and my full name shows up on all files I create in the file info window. Is the only way to take care of this to actually have to do a factory reset? I find that hard to believe.

:)

AzorRap, Jan 11, 2020
  2. C0zzie Win User

How to change admin user account name?

ah so main admin account is 'wizzle' which is what I am currently on
    I make another account called 'wizzle2' (with admin rights)
    I sign out of 'wizzle' and sign into 'wizzle2'.
    And once signed into 'wizzle2', then I do the command prompt step and find the SID for 'wizzle' that is listed and go from there?

C0zzie, Jan 11, 2020
  3. Query about changing the account name

Hi Stephanie,

Since you have already changed the name on your Microsoft account, we suggest switching into a local account, and then log back in with your Microsoft account. This way, we can be sure that any changes made to your Microsoft account will be synced to your
    local user account.

For steps on how to switch to a local account:

• Click on Start.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Under Your account, click on Switch to a local account.

To switch back to a Microsoft account:

• Follow steps 1-3 above to get to Accounts.
    • Under Your account, click on Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.

If the issue persists, please do not hesitate to get back to us.

Patricia Yu, Jan 11, 2020
  4. C0zzie Win User

How to change admin user account name?

Ah so just ignore the 'Brink' and use the 'Brink2' as the example

And step 1 and 2, I was confused at that part also.
    For example, my user account is called for e.g 'wizzle'
    If I want to change the name to 'wizzle2', and by following steps 1 and 2;
    -I sign out of my MS account (step 1)...and then sign in?

I understand the steps 3 onwards but steps 1 and 2 with the sign out/in was confusing :?

C0zzie, Jan 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Need to do a reset to change microsoft admin account name - Similar Threads - Need reset change

2. How to change Admin account user name

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to change Admin account user name: I am the Admin. How do I change my username that windows 10 displays? It is showing my email address https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-admin-account-user-name/1dc3fef3-7784-40a2-9016-c3f65c322e61
  3. How to change Admin account user name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change Admin account user name: I am the Admin. How do I change my username that windows 10 displays? It is showing my email address https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-admin-account-user-name/1dc3fef3-7784-40a2-9016-c3f65c322e61
  4. How to change Admin account user name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Change account name associated with Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change account name associated with Microsoft account: I just bought a new Dell XPS and when I signed in, I noticed the user path it gave me was "andre". I think I remember seeing this on my previous laptop, but I don't remember how I fixed it. My microsoft account is under Andrew *Last Name* and my associated email is...
  6. Change Microsoft Admin Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change Microsoft Admin Account: I am the admin on my family's laptop, and want to switch it to my mother. My microsoft account was compromised awhile ago, so I changed the email and password on my Microsoft account and the previous email is no longer usable. The problem is that I am not able to sign in to...
  7. Admin Account Name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin Account Name: Hi All! I've had my computer for a while now, but have never gotten to posting this. My account name is a Microsoft account(Marshall Z), but when I go into my C Drive, it says the account name as 'marsh' and it's really annoying! I didn't do this! This is my nickname not...
  8. Changing the name on a Microsoft account and changing the administrator

Changing the name on a Microsoft account and changing the administrator: I am using my deceased father in laws PC. The Microsoft account is his and I do not have his password so I cannot download apps etc. How do I change that? Also, he is established as administrator and I want to change that to myself. Is there a way to do that without...
  9. Admin account turned into guest account after Microsoft name change

Admin account turned into guest account after Microsoft name change: Hello everybody, I hope somebody can help me with this as I've been searching through all forums for the past 4 hours and i'm about to loose my head. A couple weeks ago I changed my Microsoft account name (It seemed that some games needed that as my name has special...
  10. How to change admin user account name?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to change admin user account name?: I am installing the 'Android sdk' software, however when I try select the 'SDK' path, it says something like 'android sdk should not contain whitespace'. I am wondering how I would change my name so it has no space so I can get my issue fixed 92477