Windows 10: Need to edit in command. Keep getting access is denied as an administrator.

Discus and support Need to edit in command. Keep getting access is denied as an administrator. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I accidentally set my exe files to run as “%1”%1 and as of such no exe files will run at all. I was able to open command by changing it to a .com.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CharlieHowlett1, Jul 23, 2021.

1. Need to edit in command. Keep getting access is denied as an administrator.

I accidentally set my exe files to run as “%1”%1 and as of such no exe files will run at all. I was able to open command by changing it to a .com. However whenever I try to edit the reg back to exefile I get access is denied. I am the only account on the computer and am running as administrator with full control. I don’t know what to do from here

:)

CharlieHowlett1, Jul 23, 2021
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

net user administrator /active:no keeps saying access denied.

Hi Rebekah,

It's possible that you're not using an elevated command prompt, causing the Access Denied error. We suggest following these steps to properly disable the built-in administrator account:

• Right-click the Start button.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste net user Administrator /active:no and press
      Enter
      . If the command isn't successful, please post a screenshot so that we can study it further.

Let us know if you're able to hide the administrator account after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Jul 23, 2021
  3. PeteSHP Win User
    net user administrator /active:no keeps saying access denied.

Can't send screen shot. Entering Command prompt(admin) get "Do you want this app..." box with NO as the only choice. I have tried everything I've found on the net to enable the built in administrative account to no avail. Running Win10 OS build: 16299.125.
    HELP!

PeteSHP, Jul 23, 2021
  4. Arul_D Win User

Need to edit in command. Keep getting access is denied as an administrator.

"Built-in administrator" still denied access to many apps and functions

Hi Andy,

• What is the exact error message you are getting when you try to open apps?
    I understand your concern about accessing the operating system. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you, I realize this may be frustrating. We are here to help you in resolving the issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted system settings/ system files. Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to check if Built-in Administrator account is enabled. If so, try to disable.

Step 1: Follow the steps toDisable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
      • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
        Command Prompt
      • Type the following command and hit Enter:
      • net user administrator /active: no (Check for the spaces)
    Restart the computer and check with the status of this issue.

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to refer to the below thread replied by
    Marilyn O on November 22, 2012 as this suggestion has helped many others and check if it helps you as well.

App can't open with built in administrator account

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Arul_D, Jul 23, 2021
Thema:

Need to edit in command. Keep getting access is denied as an administrator.

1. Need to edit in command. Keep getting access is denied as an administrator. - Similar Threads - Need edit command

2. Administrator Denied Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator Denied Access: I am the administrator on Windows 11 Pro and can not view all folder in file explorer. When trying to view the folders in “C:\Users\All Users”, I am denied access.This a home computer and I am the only user/account. How do I gain access to my own computer?...
  3. Administrator Denied Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator Denied Access: I am the administrator on Windows 11 Pro and can not view all folder in file explorer. When trying to view the folders in “C:\Users\All Users”, I am denied access.This a home computer and I am the only user/account. How do I gain access to my own computer?...
  4. Command Prompt Access denied to Administrator in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Command Prompt Access denied to Administrator in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]While accessing the Command Prompt on Windows 11/10, if you get Access is denied error, here is how you can get rid of the issue. At times, this in-built utility may be blocked by the administrator or malware or adware. If so, you can go through these steps to get the...
  5. Access denied in command prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access denied in command prompt: I am trying to clear system attribute of hibefil.sys file.Automatic Repair:Your PC did not start correctly...Advance OptionsTroubleshootCommand Promptattrib -h -s hiberfil.sys /sAccess denied - C:\hiberfil.sysCan you guide me how I can remove this file. I am unable to boot...
  6. Access denied in command prompt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Access denied in command prompt: I am trying to clear system attribute of hibefil.sys file.Automatic Repair:Your PC did not start correctly...Advance OptionsTroubleshootCommand Promptattrib -h -s hiberfil.sys /sAccess denied - C:\hiberfil.sysCan you guide me how I can remove this file. I am unable to boot...
  7. Administrator access denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator access denied: Hi guys accidently on my window 11Education version a I deleted administrator account and now I'm facing problem because unable to install any software because my laptop ask for administrator privilege to install any thing...
  8. Administrator access denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator access denied: Hi guys accidently on my window 11Education version a I deleted administrator account and now I'm facing problem because unable to install any software because my laptop ask for administrator privilege to install any thing...
  9. Access denied in Command Prompt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Access denied in Command Prompt: I am trying to clear system attribute of hibefil.sys file.Automatic Repair:Your PC did not start correctly...Advance OptionsTroubleshootCommand Promptattrib -h -s hiberfil.sys /sAccess denied - C:\hiberfil.sysCan you guide me how I can remove this file. I am unable to boot...
  10. Command prompt Access denied

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command prompt Access denied: Ive tried changing the cmd settings for full control in System32 and "Run as Administrator" option. I just cant get the cd command through. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompt-access-denied/db457794-9d05-43ec-8435-b3da93e59911