Windows 10: Need to edit user environment variables on Windows 10.

Discus and support Need to edit user environment variables on Windows 10. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is it possible to edit user environment variables on Windows 10 Home 1809? Past procedures don't work and solutions found on internet don't work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JimManweiler1, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Need to edit user environment variables on Windows 10.

Is it possible to edit user environment variables on Windows 10 Home 1809? Past procedures don't work and solutions found on internet don't work.

:)

JimManweiler1, Feb 16, 2019
  2. ustulo Win User

Edit Environment Variables of Standard User Account

In Windows 10, how can I set user-level (not system wide) environment variables for a standard user account? To clarify: I'm not talking about editing system environment variables. Also, just running the System app in Control Panel as admin won't work because
    that would set the environment variables for that admin user.

When I go to Control Panel -> User Accounts, then click the "Change my environment variables" link in the left-hand action pane, nothing happens.

If I go to the search box on the task bar and type "environment", then click "Edit environment variables for your account", nothing happens.

Currently I have JAVA_HOME set to an incorrect value in my user account, which is a standard user not an admin. If I edit environment variables as admin, it does not show up in the system environment variables nor in the user environment variables (since
    the Administrator account is a different user).

ustulo, Feb 16, 2019
  3. S.B.K Win User
    S.B.K, Feb 16, 2019
  4. Need to edit user environment variables on Windows 10.

Edit Environment Variables of Standard User Account

Hi ustulo,

This is a bug in Windows 10. This command-line is supposed to be run when you click
    Change my environment variables.

rundll32 sysdm.cpl,EditEnvironmentVariables

But it has no effect whether you run it as Standard user or Administrator.

Look at the other options (Command Prompt / PowerShell) mentioned in these links:

Setx :
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-in/library/cc755104.aspx

Windows 10 Build 10586 Issue w/ User Environment Variables : Windows 10 Build 10586 Issue w/ User Environment Variables

Editing Environment Variables - Microsoft Community : Editing Environment Variables

Ramesh Srinivasan, Feb 16, 2019
Thema:

Need to edit user environment variables on Windows 10.

1. Need to edit user environment variables on Windows 10. - Similar Threads - Need edit user

2. edit environment variable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    edit environment variable: I am unable to edit environment variables on Windows 11 i have tried all the available ways to solve this but all in vain. including disabling UAC, accessing the direct edit environment variable option from startup, messing with the registry...
  3. edit environment variable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    edit environment variable: I am unable to edit environment variables on Windows 11 i have tried all the available ways to solve this but all in vain. including disabling UAC, accessing the direct edit environment variable option from startup, messing with the registry...
  4. Environment Variables, User variables for System Admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Environment Variables, User variables for System Admin: I was looking at the 'User variables for System Admin' one day and saw my name spelled '*****'. I didn't care for that name and without thinking changed the name. Now all my music, photos & docs are gone. How can I undo that already tried 'System Restore'?...
  5. Environment Variables, User variables for System Admin

Environment Variables, User variables for System Admin: I was looking at the 'User variables for System Admin' one day and saw my name spelled '*****'. I didn't care for that name and without thinking changed the name. Now all my music, photos & docs are gone. How can I undo that already tried 'System Restore'?...
  6. Environment Variables, User variables for System Admin

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. regarding path variable of user variable of environment variable

in Windows 10 Customization
    regarding path variable of user variable of environment variable: please help me fast, I accidentally deleted path variable of user variable ..... I want to restore it. the real situation is I cannot run android studio project and it shows error - " unable to start daemon process............This problem might be caused by incorrect...
  8. User Environment Variable

User Environment Variable: Created an User Environment variable in Environment variable page in UI. It is seen in both UI and command prompt(Using set command). After restart it is not seen in command prompt when set command is used. Please help....
  9. Edit User and System Environment Variables in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Edit User and System Environment Variables in Windows: How to: Edit User and System Environment Variables in Windows How to Edit User and System Environment Variables in Windows Environment variables are a set of dynamic named values that can affect the way running processes will behave on a computer. The variables can be...
  10. Environment Variables in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Environment Variables in Windows 10: How to: Environment Variables in Windows 10 Complete List of Environment Variables in Windows 10 Environment variables are a set of dynamic named values that can affect the way running processes will behave on a computer. The variables can be used both in scripts and on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is it necessery to restart pc for updating environment variables?

2. windows 10 edit user environment variables