Windows 10: Need to enable Bluetooth stack on my desktop system running latest version of Windows 10 -...

Discus and support Need to enable Bluetooth stack on my desktop system running latest version of Windows 10 -... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have the CSR 4.0 Bluetooth dongle on my desktop that never had Bluetooth, or any wireless before. I've installed the Bluetooth drivers from CSR.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Eric Levinson, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Need to enable Bluetooth stack on my desktop system running latest version of Windows 10 -...

I have the CSR 4.0 Bluetooth dongle on my desktop that never had Bluetooth, or any wireless before.

I've installed the Bluetooth drivers from CSR.

Device Manager shows Bluetooth Radios - and under it CSR Bluetooth Radio - no yellow or red indicators on it - it shows device is working properly.

System is not in Airplane mode.

Under Universal Serial Bus Controllers - I see CSR BlueCore Device - again no yellow or red. It shows device is working properly.

When navigating to Bluetooth and other devices - I see CSR8510 A10 under Other Devices.

There is no "Bluetooth" on/off switch

If I try to add new Bluetooth device by clicking on "+ Add Bluetooth or other device" Add a device comes up.

When clicking on Bluetooth - it says "Couldn't connect... get more help with Bluetooth problems"

I have a feeling the drivers are installed ok by CSR - but the overall wireless stack is not present on this system. Is there a package or installer that sets this up?

Thanks,

Eric

:)

Eric Levinson, Jan 7, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

Bluetooth in windows 10

https://www.asus.com/Networking/USBBT211_Mini_Bluetooth_Dongle/

• Support A2DP for Wireless Stereo Music Playback
    Edit: This is a dongle with old BT version I see now, but I'm sure you can find a Asus BT4.0 version.

Edit2:

@aasim1111 I have this one, it doesn't show that it supports A2DP in the specs but I think it'll work, otherwise send a mail to Asus and ask.
    https://www.asus.com/Networking/USBBT400/specifications/

P4-630, Jan 7, 2019
  3. aasim1111 Win User
    Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, Jan 7, 2019
  4. janet21 Win User

Need to enable Bluetooth stack on my desktop system running latest version of Windows 10 -...

Widcomm or Microsoft Bluetooth Stack

Hi Sage

This is the System information from the PC Suite:

Operating system:

Microsoft Windows XP

Build 2600

Service Pack 2

Bluetooth stack:

Microsoft Bluetooth stack

Version 5.1.2600.2180

So I DO have the MS Bluetooth stack afterall, but I still can't get a connection.

There nothing in control panel about Bluetooth devices.

In System, Device Manager there is listed the following: USB Bluetooth Driver (CSR),

Bluetooth Virtual Com6 (and 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12), Fujitsu Bluetooth Audio (SCR), USB Bluetooth Driver for SCO Link.

This is becoming infuriating.

I am not using BT for any dial up connections either.

My phone does pick up a BT headset.

janet21, Jan 7, 2019
Thema:

Need to enable Bluetooth stack on my desktop system running latest version of Windows 10 -...

1. Need to enable Bluetooth stack on my desktop system running latest version of Windows 10 -... - Similar Threads - Need enable Bluetooth

2. WhatsaApp desktop version does not run on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WhatsaApp desktop version does not run on Windows 10: WhatsaApp desktop version does not run on Windows 10. After double-clicking on the shortcut, the WhatsApp window opens, the WhatsApp logo is in the center and that's it. I attach a screenshot...
  3. Can't update my Bluetooth driver to the latest Version

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't update my Bluetooth driver to the latest Version: I have been having issues with my wireless headset/earbuds occasionally breaking up while in Bluetooth mode, and I think it may have to do with an outdated driver. After I download and run the installer exe. file for the new version of the driver I am trying to update, I am...
  4. Can't update my Bluetooth driver to the latest Version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't update my Bluetooth driver to the latest Version: I have been having issues with my wireless headset/earbuds occasionally breaking up while in Bluetooth mode, and I think it may have to do with an outdated driver. After I download and run the installer exe. file for the new version of the driver I am trying to update, I am...
  5. Can't update my Bluetooth driver to the latest Version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Desktop Upgrades with Windows 10 latest Version

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Desktop Upgrades with Windows 10 latest Version: My desktop and a laptop were updated several months ago based on offers from Microsoft. So we updated all the computers in my family. I started having problems with my desktop and I put it aside as I have a laptop to work with. I recently figured out to fix the desktop. I...
  7. Can I run the latest version of Windows 10 on my Nuvision Tablet?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I run the latest version of Windows 10 on my Nuvision Tablet?: Every time I try to update Windows 10, the system tells me i need to free up space. When I use the Disk Cleanup to delete the unnecessary files and try to update Windows 10, I get the same error message again and again....
  8. Suddenly not able to sign onto desktop computer running latest version of Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Suddenly not able to sign onto desktop computer running latest version of Windows 10: My desktop computer has stopped presenting a sign-on window where I would usually enter my PIN# to sign on.When I activate computer(usually sleeping) I now have wallpaper screen which, when I click on would previously present sign-on window for my PIN#. Now when I click on...
  9. Do you need to enable UEFI to run Windows 10?

in Windows 10 News
    Do you need to enable UEFI to run Windows 10?: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Do you need to enable UEFI to run Windows 10? The short answer is no. You don’t need to enable UEFI to run Windows 10. It is entirely compatible with both BIOS and UEFI However, it’s the storage device that [...] This post Do you need to enable UEFI to run...
  10. How to enable Bluetooth in Windows 10 1803 Home Version?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to enable Bluetooth in Windows 10 1803 Home Version?: I'm trying to turn on bluetooth, but when I add an device, they say that I didn't turn on bluetooth. In settings, it doesn't give me an option to turn on and off bluetooth like in Apple. I also searched the Control Panel, and the thing in the task bar. Please help. How do I...