Windows 10: need to find how to get to .docx file to change my default app

Discus and support need to find how to get to .docx file to change my default app in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; need to find how to get to .docx file to change my default app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RobertHarp3, Sep 10, 2021.

1. need to find how to get to .docx file to change my default app

need to find how to get to .docx file to change my default app

:)

RobertHarp3, Sep 10, 2021
  2. Randy_68 Win User

File extension *.docx

I already did all the steps you suggested but MS Office 2013 ignored my change and defaulted to *.docx. Is there some other solution?

Randy_68, Sep 10, 2021
  3. Caledon Ken, Sep 10, 2021
  4. Bree Win User

How to change default app for file type

'Open With > Choose another app' has three step, in the first it only offers apps registered for that file type. If you click 'More apps' it lists all registered apps regardless of suitability. Both these steps have the tick-box for 'Always use...' in my 18363.752. The third step, if needed, is 'Look for another app on this PC'. The 'Always use...' must be ticked before taking this step if you want the change to stick. However, WMP appears at the second step.

need to find how to get to .docx file to change my default app [​IMG]

For a quick look at a JPG almost anything (including WMP) is more practical than Photos which on my system takes more than ten seconds just to open a photo. The OP is probably not aware that the Windows Photo Viewer is still available in W10, but hidden away. That's my default viewer for JPG.

Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10

And, once enabled, is available in Settings > Apps > Default apps.

need to find how to get to .docx file to change my default app [​IMG]

Thema:

1. need to find how to get to .docx file to change my default app - Similar Threads - need find docx

2. How to change default apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change default apps: How do I fix the bug where default 2023 programmes never appear in this dialogue and choosing them manually using the more apps option doesn't change a thing. This has been affecting Adobe users for a year now, and other software for more than a year and despite multiple...
  3. How to change default apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change default apps: How do I fix the bug where default 2023 programmes never appear in this dialogue and choosing them manually using the more apps option doesn't change a thing. This has been affecting Adobe users for a year now, and other software for more than a year and despite multiple...
  4. How to change the default app for .pdf files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the default app for .pdf files: I'll use F as shorthand for one of my .pdf apps. I'll use P as shorthand for the other .pdf app. I prefer not to use the names of apps that compete with one another. P is currently the default app for .pdf files. I want to change the default to F.Then I scroll down the list...
  5. How to change the default app for .pdf files

How to change the default app for .pdf files: I'll use F as shorthand for one of my .pdf apps. I'll use P as shorthand for the other .pdf app. I prefer not to use the names of apps that compete with one another. P is currently the default app for .pdf files. I want to change the default to F.Then I scroll down the list...
  6. How to change the default app for .pdf files

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How to change a .ica file default app

How to change a .ica file default app: Good morning, I'm trying to open a .ica file in Microsoft edge and by accident I chose internet explorer. Now I'am stuck and cannot open my work vpn network files. I have the correct app installed but can not access it because its not in the Microsoft store. When I go to...
  8. How to change default app for file type

How to change default app for file type: I'm trying to change app that handles .jpg file types on my system from default "photos" to Windows Media player(just because I like better it looks:)) and despite fact that WMP is installed and handles other file types - [img] , I still can't choose it from the windows...
  9. How to change default app for file type

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change default app for file type: I'm trying to change app that handles .jpg file types on my system from default "photos" to Windows Media player(just because I like better it looks:)) and despite fact that WMP is installed and handles other file types, I still can't choose it from the windows default app...
  10. Warning on default app opening docx file

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Warning on default app opening docx file: I upgraded my 8.1 laptop to 10 about 2 weeks ago now. Basically all is OK, but I do run in to quirks here and there. The latest one is that whenever I dbl-click a .docx (or a .doc) on the desktop or in filemanager, I get the warning below. It nonetheless opens the file...