Windows 10: Need to find the exact file path for Windows 10 Settings executable

Discus and support Need to find the exact file path for Windows 10 Settings executable in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I tried searching in windowsapps in program files, the maze of files made it impossible to find what I am looking for which is the Settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TheLuckyNickel, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Need to find the exact file path for Windows 10 Settings executable

So I tried searching in windowsapps in program files, the maze of files made it impossible to find what I am looking for which is the Settings executable which was added in windows 10, I need it for rain meter, I've seen the other thread and it's wasn't descriptive enough. Thanks in advance for the help!

:)

TheLuckyNickel, Jun 24, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 24, 2020
  3. slozomby Win User
    Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Jun 24, 2020
  4. Need to find the exact file path for Windows 10 Settings executable

Windows 10 file path on screensaver

Hi Claire,

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on a particular picture.
    • Select the option Properties, look for the path “Location”.
    Note: New Windows version it is mention as Location instead of File path.

Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you

Prabhavathi Patil, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

Need to find the exact file path for Windows 10 Settings executable

1. Need to find the exact file path for Windows 10 Settings executable - Similar Threads - Need find exact

2. I need help finding the file path for the folder that I set up to receive scanned documents.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I need help finding the file path for the folder that I set up to receive scanned documents.: Whatever I have tried generates an error message that the path is invalid. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-finding-the-file-path-for-the-folder/fc3885a2-89c4-474e-9211-95ef4d1128d3
  3. Issue with finding an executable file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with finding an executable file: Hello,I recently bought Minecraft Legends and I wanted to make a desktop shortcut. there was no option to enable it in the installation menu so I've been looking for the folder. I looked all over my Program Files and Program Filesx86 folder and didn't find it. I tried...
  4. Issue with finding an executable file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with finding an executable file: Hello,I recently bought Minecraft Legends and I wanted to make a desktop shortcut. there was no option to enable it in the installation menu so I've been looking for the folder. I looked all over my Program Files and Program Filesx86 folder and didn't find it. I tried...
  5. Windows 10 can't find file path error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 can't find file path error: I have searched everywhere online including this website and nothing has worked to fix this problem, this isn't just for shortcuts, I can run the original application in file explorer and I still get this error. It just randomly appeared on multiple applications suddenly when...
  6. Windows 10 can't find file path error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 can't find file path error: I have searched everywhere online including this website and nothing has worked to fix this problem, this isn't just for shortcuts, I can run the original application in file explorer and I still get this error. It just randomly appeared on multiple applications suddenly when...
  7. Windows 10 can't find file path error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. What are app execution aliases exactly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What are app execution aliases exactly: What are these for? My husband thinks its a way to hide things from him but i never used them it was just that way on the computer. We have been arguing non stop about this and other issues such as hidden encoded files in the C drive windows folder that had special...
  9. chkdsk can't find path or file

in Windows 10 Support
    chkdsk can't find path or file: when I run chkdsk or chkdsk /f, it will run on the partition/drive I have on my command prompt. IE PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>chkdsk runs on C: PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>chkdsk runs on D: PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>chkdsk /f runs on D: if I enter chkdsk c:\ or chkdsk d:\ with or...
  10. Windows Cannot Find Specified File Path

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Cannot Find Specified File Path: Something strange recently happened. My programs still open, such as internet or my webroot program. But my documents do not open (i get the windows cannot find specified file error" it also says "explorer.exe at the top. I think its a permissions issue?? I tried right...