Windows 10: need to fre up disk space for download

Discus and support need to fre up disk space for download in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I downloaded the link that greg recommended but I still need 8 gb of space free on my c: disk. my lap top has 29.1 gb disk space and roughly a little... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by laurasanders2, Jan 11, 2020.

1. need to fre up disk space for download

I downloaded the link that greg recommended but I still need 8 gb of space free on my c: disk. my lap top has 29.1 gb disk space and roughly a little over 4 gb left free. what do I do now? I don't know how to free up space and I don't want to ruin my computer.

:)

laurasanders2, Jan 11, 2020

2. Low Disk Space error

Hi,

I suggest you to delete the unwanted applications or games installed on the device and also perform a Disk Cleanup.

In order to delete the games or applications, which has been downloaded from the Windows Store you need to right click on the game and select
    Uninstall option from the Start menu.

If the games that you are downloaded are .exe or the applications which are not downloaded from the Windows Store, you may try deleting it from the Control panel.

To do so, please follow the below steps.

• Right Click on Start Menu.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click Programs.
    • Click Programs and Features.
    • Click on the programs that you would like to uninstall.
    I suggest you to try the steps in the following article to free up space and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/free-up-drive-space

Also, refer to the Wiki Article created by
    Andre Da Costa
    from the below link:

How to free up disk space in Windows

How to free up disk space in Windows

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Jan 11, 2020
  3. Joan Pin Win User
    disk space reduced after media creation tool

Hi Sarah,

One of the possible reasons why your disk space was reduced is due to an unallocated disk space on your partitions. For us to isolate your concern, we suggest that you check your device's partition. To do this, follow the steps provided below:

• Type Computer Management on Ask me anything and press
      Enter.
    • Select Storage and click on Disk Management.
    • Send us a screenshot.
    We look forward to your response.

Joan Pin, Jan 11, 2020
  4. need to fre up disk space for download

My disk space is gone

Hi John,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Try to run theSystem Maintenance Troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key + W and type
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select view all on the top left corner.

• Click System Maintenance,
      follow onscreen instructions.
    I suggest you to run Check Disk which performs an analysis of the disk. Refer to the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).
    • Type chkdsk /f and hit enter.
    For reference:

Tips to free up drive space on your PC:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/free-up-disk-space

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jan 11, 2020
Thema:

need to fre up disk space for download

1. need to fre up disk space for download - Similar Threads - need fre disk

2. Need to Free Up Disk Space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need to Free Up Disk Space: I am trying to free up disk space. Can I delete a Users folder titled TEMP? ie This PC\Local Disk C \Users\TEMP? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-free-up-disk-space/5f142a07-7eab-4562-bfd1-5fa82e4e26e8
  3. Need to Free Up Disk Space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to Free Up Disk Space: I am trying to free up disk space. Can I delete a Users folder titled TEMP? ie This PC\Local Disk C \Users\TEMP? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-free-up-disk-space/5f142a07-7eab-4562-bfd1-5fa82e4e26e8
  4. Need to Free Up Disk Space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Download errors and still using up disk space?

Download errors and still using up disk space?: i just wanted to install a big .exe file but had too little memory for it so it stopped after some time. now the disk space is full and i can't find the folder or whatever it was that took so much memory Download-Fehler und trotzdem Speicherplatz verbraucht?
  6. Disk space isn’t freeing up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk space isn’t freeing up: Ive had low disc space for two years now but i never got around to fixing it for some reason.I have been trying nonstop to free up disk space ive used disk cleanup ive tried to merge the disks but nothing works please please help i would appreciate it...
  7. Need Help Freeing up Space in Local Disk

Need Help Freeing up Space in Local Disk: I just finished clean installing Windows 10 onto my laptop as I was having an issue with my laptop starting up. Every time I would start up the laptop it would say "BOOT DEVICE NOT FOUND HARD DISK 3f0" Well I was advised to clean install Windows 10 and that my laptop should...
  8. Back up space on disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Back up space on disk: It looks like this. My question is, how much can I delete without loosing my files. I have 945gb on my disk. So I need only to backup whats on the computer. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Is each file with the same data in, but just updated with new files, or do I need all the...
  9. Freeing up Disk Space??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Freeing up Disk Space??: My computer is almost new with almost no programs added. I've also gone through and deleted some unwanted programs. Yet it won't let me add anything new because it says I don't have enough disk space. My sister thinks I may have a virus but I can't even install anti-virus...
  10. need more storage and disk space

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    need more storage and disk space: I am having trouble getting windows 10 downloaded becuz of not having enough space https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-more-storage-and-disk-space/5eb28f2b-e81a-4093-8a24-2b60aaeac93f