Windows 10: Need to free up storage for Custom Installation of Win. 10 Apps. storage indicates 2.4GB;...

Discus and support Need to free up storage for Custom Installation of Win. 10 Apps. storage indicates 2.4GB;... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Laptop apparently can't be booted from a USB wonder about SD card but guess it's same after deletion of all personal files still need about 1.5GB; no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by D.Charner, Feb 1, 2021.

1. D.Charner Win User

Need to free up storage for Custom Installation of Win. 10 Apps. storage indicates 2.4GB;...

Laptop apparently can't be booted from a USB wonder about SD card but guess it's same after deletion of all personal files still need about 1.5GB; no storage figures appear for Microsoft Edge or Edge update so presumably they take up the bulk of the App/Feature data and would be easiest to uninstall but question is: Without any Web browser how/where do you set one up; I think Edge will appear as an option but want to be sure.

:)

D.Charner, Feb 1, 2021
  2. windy Win User

How to correct storage indicated as used

In Storage Usage-Apps and Games, the amount of storage used is listed as much higher than the actual amount used. How can I correct this?

windy, Feb 1, 2021
  3. Error in Storage workspace

Hi Joe,

The other files related to the Mail app are possibly hidden that is why it is still taking up 4GB of storage. To check if there are still hidden files related to the Mail app, we recommend that you follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + E to open File Explorer.
    • Follow this file path: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Packages\
    • Select microsoft.windowscommunicationsappsand go to this file path:
      \LocalState\Indexed\LiveComm.
    • Open the Mail folder and see if you can still see .EML files hiding in that folder.

Get back to us if the storage space will not reduce after performing these steps.

Dennis Mop, Feb 1, 2021
  4. Need to free up storage for Custom Installation of Win. 10 Apps. storage indicates 2.4GB;...

Low storage while updating Win 10

While updating to the win 10 build(10.0.10586.545) my Lumia 535 dual sim indicates low storage on internal device. I freed up some space and 1.1gb was available. After resuming download the progress got stuck at 2% and used some space. The remaining space
    left in internal storage is 410mb.The update now seeks to restart and gives the same low storage as earlier. There is no way i can free up any more space. All data that exists on the internal storage is either system data or system apps that can't b moved.
    What do I do?

AstERICkGloSS, Feb 1, 2021
Thema:

Need to free up storage for Custom Installation of Win. 10 Apps. storage indicates 2.4GB;...

1. Need to free up storage for Custom Installation of Win. 10 Apps. storage indicates 2.4GB;... - Similar Threads - Need free storage

2. My storage wont free up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My storage wont free up: When I delete a big file on my c drive my storage doesn't free upI checked how much the space free was leftAnd it was still the same number and won't go up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-storage-wont-free-up/bbe241f9-d43e-4f5a-9928-9cb1ad0e3d94
  3. My storage wont free up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My storage wont free up: When I delete a big file on my c drive my storage doesn't free upI checked how much the space free was leftAnd it was still the same number and won't go up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-storage-wont-free-up/bbe241f9-d43e-4f5a-9928-9cb1ad0e3d94
  4. My storage wont free up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Free up storage space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Free up storage space: Hi, sorry if this is the wrong place, but I just wasn't sure where else to put this. My laptop has barely any storage space left, and that's because 174 gigabytes of it are being used by apps. The problem is, I don't have many apps with large sizes, I just have tons of apps...
  6. How to move apps to free up storage

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to move apps to free up storage: I am running out of storage on drive C:, severely so. Within storage settings in Windows 10 there is a list of Apps & features. Within that there are two icons to MOVE or UNINSTALL apps. My MOVE icon is grayed out and does not function. How can I re-activate that icon so I...
  7. Free storage space

Free storage space: I am having trouble clearing storage on my PC disk. My laptop has used 28.9 GB of 29 GB. I deleted apps and files. The use of storage on this laptop is now at 28.3 GB. I want to at least delete 10 GB or clear the disk out. I am trying to restore my iPhone using the iTunes app...
  8. disk storage: freeing up space

disk storage: freeing up space: Microsoft: In the change how free up space automatically, I had 3.08 GB of space freed up. But it dropped down to 3.06 GB. I managed to free up space and it went up to 3.07 but now, it dropped down to 2.73 GB. What happened there? Is it a bug or is that normal or what is...
  9. freeing up storage for laptop

freeing up storage for laptop: I need to free up storage for windows 10 updates. which older updates can I uninstall safely? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/freeing-up-storage-for-laptop/7a0e8fbd-4b9e-4a14-95c3-193777244ce9"
  10. freeing up internal storage

freeing up internal storage: How can I transfer apps over to a sd card https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/freeing-up-internal-storage/3f0d67ed-225b-45e4-89f7-313b2c45d149"