Windows 10: Need to get an OEM copy of Win 10

Discus and support Need to get an OEM copy of Win 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello I upgraded a friends win 7 computer with a new SS HD and discovered I can no longer upgrade to WIn 10 with the Win 7 password. So I am stuck... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sdgengineer, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Need to get an OEM copy of Win 10

Hello

I upgraded a friends win 7 computer with a new SS HD and discovered I can no longer upgrade to WIn 10 with the Win 7 password. So I am stuck with buying a WIn 10 license. Where is the best place to get a Win 10 OEM license? I hate to charge my friend retail for one.

submitted by /u/sdgengineer
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sdgengineer, Oct 29, 2019
  2. rtwjunkie Win User

my windows 10 oem didn't come with a product key

Dude, go to Newegg right now and read the questions and answers tab on Windows 10 OEM. The OEM copies that are listed there DO in fact, come on an optical disc. The flash drive ONLY comes on Retail copies.

rtwjunkie, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Upgrade a Win 10 home OEM to Win 10 Pro OEM with Win 10 Pro OEM Key?

I recently purchased a laptop that has an OEM version of Win 10 Home on it.

I verified this by using : slmgr -dli.

Previously I had purchased an OEM Win 10 Pro Key.

Can I use this OEM Win 10 Pro Key to upgrade the OEM Win 10 Home to the OEM Win 10 Pro.

If so what are the steps to accomplish this?

In addition, I assume that is this is possible, that the current product key will be updated to the new product key?

The reason I am asking this is that it's my understanding that these product keys are tied to the bios on a name brand laptop.

TIA

shockwaveriderz, Oct 29, 2019
  4. Need to get an OEM copy of Win 10

Windows 10 serial on OEM

So I'll summarize steps made...

1. Saved serial number (taken with Belarc Advisory) from preinstalled (half chinese language) Windows 8.1 (don't know exactly the version, suspect Windows 8.1 with bing) on tablet
    2. Formatted tablet
    3. Tried to make a clean Windows 10 (HOME, HOME N and also PRO, everytime with the same result) install with ISO taken with MediaCreationTool, during install (and also after completing installation) it says that the saved serial is not valid
    4. Tried to reinstall Windows 8.1 (ISO taken with MediaCreationTool again) HOME, it says that the serial is not valid

So i suspect that the saved serial, is from a WINDOWS 8.1 WITH BING OEM version and this kind of ISO is not accessible/downloadable anywhere (at least I can't find it, any suggestion?)

Still not tried SHOWKEY with that serial, I am in office now, and the serial is saved on a usb pen at home, will try this evening.

So I'm stucked but if everything is like I suspect, it's incredible. If I have a tablet/notebook/netbook with Windows 8 preinstalled, it seems that I can update to Windows 10 without problems, but if I want to make a clean Windows 10 install that serial is not valid...

CapitanCatarro, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

Need to get an OEM copy of Win 10

1. Need to get an OEM copy of Win 10 - Similar Threads - Need OEM copy

2. Upgrading OEM Win 10 to Win 11 or getting back to the OEM after disk wiped

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading OEM Win 10 to Win 11 or getting back to the OEM after disk wiped: I bought the computer below with OEM Win10. MS insisted with installing Win11 every other week until I installed it. Now I cant activate Win11 and this device saying "Go to the store to buy genuine windows. Error code 0x80004005". I have the windows sticker on the NUC but no...
  3. Upgrading OEM Win 10 to Win 11 or getting back to the OEM after disk wiped

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrading OEM Win 10 to Win 11 or getting back to the OEM after disk wiped: I bought the computer below with OEM Win10. MS insisted with installing Win11 every other week until I installed it. Now I cant activate Win11 and this device saying "Go to the store to buy genuine windows. Error code 0x80004005". I have the windows sticker on the NUC but no...
  4. Copy Windows 10 OEM to a new computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Copy Windows 10 OEM to a new computer: I have a laptop with Windows 10 who is about to go south so I wonder if I can use the last taken Image from that laptop and copy to the new computer? I know I can't use the license from the old one but if I buy a new serial key is it then possible to do what I'm about to...
  5. win 10 oem licence

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    win 10 oem licence: Hello, I am using win 10 pro upgraded from win 8 , after upgrading the win is activated with a digital licence , when I put my original win 8 key in the change the licence field the licence shows a oem key in the basic computer information page, does it mean any thing ?...
  6. WIN 10 OEM or RETAIL?

WIN 10 OEM or RETAIL?: I have a PC today with WIN 7. I will install WIN 10 in it. Can I buy an OEM license and install it on that PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-oem-or-retail/3c208a26-f7c6-4dad-a1c9-e36f5e43bf12
  7. win 10 oem

win 10 oem: Bonjour, je dispose d'un dvd win 10 famille oem 32 bits. Je change de carte mère. je dois installer win 10 famille 64 bits. Est ce possible avec ce dvd? merci https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-oem/e43080ac-4b90-463e-9ce4-c8d7d82e2fe6
  8. Upgrade a Win 10 home OEM to Win 10 Pro OEM with Win 10 Pro OEM Key?

Upgrade a Win 10 home OEM to Win 10 Pro OEM with Win 10 Pro OEM Key?: I recently purchased a laptop that has an OEM version of Win 10 Home on it. I verified this by using : slmgr -dli. Previously I had purchased an OEM Win 10 Pro Key. Can I use this OEM Win 10 Pro Key to upgrade the OEM Win 10 Home to the OEM Win 10 Pro. If so what are...
  9. Need to get back on win 10

Need to get back on win 10: I have a yoga pc that originally had 8.? when purchased but immediately got upgraded to win 10 . A few years later I had to re-install because of some problems and ended up with the insider program getting re-activated and that is when the real problems started. To make a...
  10. Copy of Win 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Copy of Win 10: I want to make a zip (USB) copy of win 10 to have for emergenecy. How is the best way to do it and where can I download it from Thanks Ben 57860