Windows 10: --Need to get rid of this System partition

Discus and support --Need to get rid of this System partition in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Drive C I want to keep. It has Win 10. This is a dual boot system that I do not want to dual boot anymore. Straight to windows is what I want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dallas Vette, Nov 3, 2017.

1. --Need to get rid of this System partition

Drive C I want to keep. It has Win 10. This is a dual boot system that I do not want to dual boot anymore. Straight to windows is what I want to happen. I paid for this program called MiniTool Partition Wizard Pro. It looks robust enough but doesn't tell you HOW to do anything at all.

:)

Dallas Vette, Nov 3, 2017
  2. Psyfrog Win User

Still can't get rid of this partition Windows 10 put on my HD ... HELP!

I have ready your reply. I have two issues. 1) I would rather not post a picture of my Disk Management window with drive structures for all to see; 2) Most importantly what you ask is impossible! When I right click on the partitions the menu comes up,
    but when I 'alt'/'print screen' the menu disappears when pressing the 'alt' button ... so no screen shot can be taken of the menu!

Do not take me through a generic list of actions that do nothing or can not be preformed!

What I want to know is how to properly remove a drive partition in Windows 10. I also know from my previous post that several other people have had this same issue.

I can show you this:

--Need to get rid of this System partition [​IMG]

I have no idea why there are two recovery partitions. I know one is for the Windows RE Tools and have no idea how to find out what partition is the "\\?\Volume{25440709..." one as shown in the picture in the above post.

Psyfrog, Nov 3, 2017
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Still can't get rid of this partition Windows 10 put on my HD ... HELP!

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I appreciate your efforts, I will surely help you.

Please provide us the screenshot of Disk Management Window and the options that you get when you right-click on the partition to understand the issue better. To reach Disk Management in Windows 10, press
    Windows logo key + X key and click on Disk Management.

How to include a screenshot in your post

How to include a screenshot in your post

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Geethu B, Nov 3, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

--Need to get rid of this System partition

In a Run box, type msconfig, go to the Boot Tab, highlight the system you want to get rid of and press Delete.

Problem is, in your screenshot, we're not seeing another system!

Edwin, Nov 3, 2017
  5. There was another partition that had Win 7 on it. I deleted it already & merged it into C drive with Windows Disk Management. I just don't know what to do now. It won't let you delete this 100MB partition because it is a System partition. My bootup times are now exceeding 5 minutes

6. spunk Win User
    The 100MB hidden System Partition includes all of the Boot information. If you delete it, you will no longer be able to boot the computer.
    Download the ISO image for Seatools and burn it to CD using IMGBurn or to USB Flash drive with SeaFlash all available in my signature. Boot off of the newly created media and do the Long Diagnostic tests on the HDD to test it's Health, this will take some time. You can also download Crystal Disk Info in Windows to give you detailed reports on your HDD.

spunk, Nov 3, 2017
  7. Seatools for Windows or DOS

8. spunk Win User

The link in my signature is for Seatools for DOS and can be burned to media to boot the computer. You can run Seatools for Windows in Windows but it will be more efficient and check your boot sector if you use the DOS version.

spunk, Nov 3, 2017
  9. "My bootup times are now exceeding 5 minutes" This is your issue. Please leave the 100MB System partition alone.
    Without more information I wouldn't know where to start but maybe a clean boot would help. I've never done a clean boot but I hope someone with more experience and expertise than me can chime in.

MeAndMyComputer, Nov 3, 2017
  10. Hey,

This is our tutorial on a Clean Boot.

Perform a Clean Boot in Windows 10 to Troubleshoot Software Conflicts

This helps to isolate third party software issues but it got me thinking, is the Windows Fast Startup acting up. This only impacts booting from a powered off state. To test, right click start, then command prompt(admin) or PowerShell(admin) and enter the command

powercfg -h off

This disables hibernation which in turns disables Windows Fast Startup. If this is successful you can disable Windows fast startup on its own and restore hibernation. If this didn't do anything to fix situation you reverse by entering command

powercfg -h on

Ken

Caledon Ken, Nov 3, 2017
  11. Crystal Disk says 99% good, Seatools reported a bad sector a third of the way thru the test & stopped testing. I was able to eliminate the bootup OS choice screen by eliminating "Windows 7" from the Boot tab in msconfig. Solved that problem. Now it boots straight into Windows 10. Still the 100MG partition is "System Reserved" and undeletable. If I can't figure out a way to get riid of it then maybe I can just hide the drive from Explorer view as its driving me crazy.

12. Edwin New Member
    Yeah, you can't delete it!

To 'hide' it from Explorer, simply remove the Drive Letter in Disk Management.

Edwin, Nov 3, 2017
  13. --Need to get rid of this System partition

Done. Alls good under the hood. Y'all rock. *Smile

Dallas Vette, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. --Need to get rid of this System partition - Similar Threads - Need rid System

2. Need "Help" getting rid of this . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need "Help" getting rid of this . . .: My computer is a Dell laptop, running Windows 10.In the past, when I've had problems.Dell would connect to my computer, and take a look.But this problem happens, prior to the computer running?When I turn my, computer on. The first thing, that happens.A blue screen, with two...
  3. Can't get rid of wasteful partition at start of disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't get rid of wasteful partition at start of disk: Hello, My hard disk has 3 partitions, in the following order on the disk: 1. E drive, that was once upon a time a manufacturer recovery drive, now useless 15GB 2. C drive, main drive 915GB 3. Windows recovery drive 1GB I bought a new disk to replace this disk. I used...
  4. Need to get rid of S mode!!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need to get rid of S mode!!!: Alright.. so.. I am about to LOSE it. I have been at this for about 2-3 hours, and on hold with Microsoft for the last 40 minutes. I am trying to get rid of S mode, on a BRAND NEW COMPUTER.. NOT WORKING. I downloaded a program I need to run my CNC machine, and it will not...
  5. Can I get rid of the second recovery partition

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can I get rid of the second recovery partition: Hello. I just registered to this forum. I don't know if I post this question in the right category. I want to install Linux but use dual boot, to keep Windows. I haven't been able to prepare a partition. (I did make a shrink of C: but it could be max 25 GB, but the freed...
  6. Print to file -- need to get rid of it.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Print to file -- need to get rid of it.: I used to be able to print documents to my printer. After the last Windows update, my printer wants me to "print to file" now, but that takes more time and I also can't seem to print the file from the saved print files either. Please help. I need to go back to just being...
  7. blue screen need to get rid of it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    blue screen need to get rid of it: Need to get rid of blue screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-need-to-get-rid-of-it/22a08ece-a6dd-4213-83dd-74b93f5618d8"
  8. Need help getting rid of a malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Need help getting rid of a malware: Good afternoon! Yesterday I saw a weird thing happening on my computer... A software was installing and I didn't remember giving it permission, it was One System Care, but this was solved easily using Add or Remove Programs. But I started to pay attention to my computer...
  9. This how to easily get rid of the RESTORE PARTITION

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    This how to easily get rid of the RESTORE PARTITION: Hope this isn't a repeat but this works as I just did it in 2 computers and 3 drives in W10. What you need... A FREE minitool partition wizard--excellent ! B FREE Macrium Reflect Imaging which is amazingly good ! C A spare drive This is what you do: A: take a backup...
  10. getting rid off 300mb efi partition

in Windows 10 Support
    getting rid off 300mb efi partition: i had a kingston ssdnow300 in my ps3. then i took it out and had acronis clone from a hdd in a laptop for a buddy. his laptop died cause when he got it someone stepped on it so he had it hooked up to a tv via hdmi. now i have formated the ssd i've tried deleting it in...