Windows 10: Need to get windows 10 pro running again

Discus and support Need to get windows 10 pro running again in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Split from this thread. Need to get windows 10 pro running again... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CARLMOTT1, Feb 15, 2020.

1. CARLMOTT1 Win User

Need to get windows 10 pro running again

Split from this thread.​

:)

CARLMOTT1, Feb 15, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 15, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Feb 15, 2020
  4. nkienitz Win User

Windows 10 Pro or Windows 8 Pro from Windows 7 Pro ?

Just replaced motherboard on my old Dell D830 that I had upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Pro last August.

Went through steps on setting up new MOBO and it is up/working just fine.

I happened to run Belarc Advisor just to get a snapshot of data for the file. What is interesting is that Belarc indicates the O/S is Windows 8 Pro (build 9200).

I looked at another recent thread here at TenForums and also took some of the steps suggested and figured that maybe I needed to install or re-install Windows 10. I checked the Update/Security/Activation tab and it indicates that Windows 10 Pro is installed, activated with a digital entitlement.

So ... why does Belarc seem to see only Windows 8 Pro? Maybe because of the "maturity" of the D830? I know that Dell has disclaimers at their site that says the D830 has not been certified for Windows 10.

So, it is working, but the data from Belarc just has me scratching my head.

Any suggestions or thoughts?

nkienitz, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Need to get windows 10 pro running again - Similar Threads - Need pro running

2. Windows 10 gets corrupt again and again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 gets corrupt again and again: So, my brother bought this laptop LENOVO IDEAPAD 330 with intel core i5 8th gen, windows 10 home, 1 TB Hard disk, 4GB graphics AMD RADEON RM 350.Me and my brother used it for 2 years and suddenly one day I started getting errors and my laptop crashed and then headed me to...
  3. Windows 10 gets corrupt again and again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 gets corrupt again and again: So, my brother bought this laptop LENOVO IDEAPAD 330 with intel core i5 8th gen, windows 10 home, 1 TB Hard disk, 4GB graphics AMD RADEON RM 350.Me and my brother used it for 2 years and suddenly one day I started getting errors and my laptop crashed and then headed me to...
  4. Windows 10 gets corrupt again and again

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 getting restarted again and again

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 getting restarted again and again: Automatically within 2 to 3 minutes windows getting restarted show message on screen that SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION IS NOT HANDLE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-getting-restarted-again-and-again/deb63b69-5e8b-465d-b7f2-ef9e2106ca2f
  6. Need help getting Windows 10 News notifications working again.

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help getting Windows 10 News notifications working again.: I've found a number of posts on how to turn off Windows 10 News notifications, but none on how to get them working again if enabling it in settings doesn't work. I stopped getting new news notifications on my notebook in the past few weeks. A monthly rollup went through in...
  7. How to get mouse running again ????

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to get mouse running again ????: My machine aotumatic updated to 1803 17134.228 and it seems like it will NOT accept my USB ports ! I have my mouse in an USB !!!!!!!!!! Can you imaging install/troubleshoot with no mouse working ... mission imposible ! How can I get my mouse running again OR...
  8. How to get mouse running again ????

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to get mouse running again ????: My machine aotumatic updated to 1803 17134.228 and it seems like it will NOT accept my USB ports ! I have my mouse in an USB !!!!!!!!!! Can you imaging install/troubleshoot with no mouse working ... mission imposible ! How can I get my mouse running again OR...
  9. Best method to get Windows up and running again

in Windows 10 Support
    Best method to get Windows up and running again: This is a hypothetical question but say I had a problem with Windows store not working or edge not launching on my PC etc etc what is the best method to try and fix without draconian measures? unfortunately sometimes Windows 10 feels like it's a ticking time bomb and given...
  10. Help needed with running the set up again

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help needed with running the set up again: Hi! I am trying to help my mother to set up her Win 10 installation. During set up she entered a non microsoft email adress (***@telia.com) and then she entered her password. What she failed to do was to tab to the password box, so in reality she added the password to the...