Windows 10: Need to increase file explorer ICON text verticle line spacing margin to view it easily

Discus and support Need to increase file explorer ICON text verticle line spacing margin to view it easily in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello Dev i am running windows 10 , i have computer eye syndrome , i need to increase vertical line spacing between file explorer names so that it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by reachtomrhandsome, Apr 23, 2021.

1. Need to increase file explorer ICON text verticle line spacing margin to view it easily

Hello Dev i am running windows 10 , i have computer eye syndrome , i need to increase vertical line spacing between file explorer names so that it puts less strain on my eyes when i view it , also please see attached image of what i am talking about , 1 i tried to look for "Use compact mode" option in folder view , but it is not present there , 2 i also tried to go to tablet mode and tried to enable "make app icon easier to touch" to increase spacing between them so kindly suggest a way No compact mode option in folder option > View NO "make icon easier to touch

:)

reachtomrhandsome, Apr 23, 2021

2. Increase Line spacing between details text in file explorer

My eyes aren't good, so, I increased the icon size in advanced display settings under display settings- Advanced sizing of text and other items. While that did increase the font size to make it easier for me to see, it also crowded the lines substantially seemingly overlapping the individual lines of the files in the "detail view" and I only use details in viewing because of what I do. Is there a way to increase the line spacing to compensate for that? Or a utility to tweek these types of setting?

fallendaemon, Apr 23, 2021
  3. Increase Line spacing in file explorer

My eyes aren't good, so, I increased the icon size in advanced display settings under display settings- Advanced sizing of text and other items. While that did increase the font size to make it easier for me to see, it also crowded the lines substantially seemingly overlapping the individual lines of the files in the "detail view" and I only use details in viewing because of what I do. Is there a way to increase the line spacing to compensate for that? Or a utility to tweek these types of setting?

fallendaemon, Apr 23, 2021
  4. wpcoe Win User

Need to increase file explorer ICON text verticle line spacing margin to view it easily

Line spacing in File Explorer List View

It seems like something changed in the past day or two to add line spacing when in List View in Explorer. Not sure if it's quite double-spacing, but there definitely is more vertical space between items now.

Any idea how to reset that to the previous single-spacing?

Here's what I see now:

Need to increase file explorer ICON  text  verticle line spacing margin to view it easily [​IMG]

wpcoe, Apr 23, 2021
Thema:

Need to increase file explorer ICON text verticle line spacing margin to view it easily

1. Need to increase file explorer ICON text verticle line spacing margin to view it easily - Similar Threads - Need increase file

2. Increase Vertical Icon Spacing in Windows 10 Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Increase Vertical Icon Spacing in Windows 10 Explorer: How can i increase vertical icon spacing in explorer in windows 10 desktop mode as it is in tablet mode.I have tried enabling this option but it doesn't workI want explorer to look like thissee pic below but in desktop mode.Is this possible or not?...
  3. Increase Vertical Icon Spacing in Windows 10 Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Increase Vertical Icon Spacing in Windows 10 Explorer: How can i increase vertical icon spacing in explorer in windows 10 desktop mode as it is in tablet mode.I have tried enabling this option but it doesn't workI want explorer to look like thissee pic below but in desktop mode.Is this possible or not?...
  4. Increase Vertical Icon Spacing in Windows 10 Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. "Line spacing" in File Explorer "List" View

in Windows 10 Support
    "Line spacing" in File Explorer "List" View: It seems like something changed in the past day or two to add line spacing when in List View in Explorer. Not sure if it's quite double-spacing, but there definitely is more vertical space between items now. Any idea how to reset that to the previous single-spacing? Here's...
  6. File Explorer item Line margin Spacing Increased

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer item Line margin Spacing Increased: [ATTACH] I don't know when it happend but not only file explorer, taskbar also has weird larger than normal spacing [ATTACH] How can i solve this problem?...
  7. Increase Line spacing between details text in file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Increase Line spacing between details text in file explorer: My eyes aren't good, so, I increased the icon size in advanced display settings under display settings- Advanced sizing of text and other items. While that did increase the font size to make it easier for me to see, it also crowded the lines substantially seemingly...
  8. Increase File Explorer Text Size without increasing anything else

in Windows 10 Support
    Increase File Explorer Text Size without increasing anything else: I have found a number of items on this topic but as yet have found nothing that solves the problem. It seems that the "text only" options that were available in earlier builds of Windows 10 have, as happens with most useful features, been phased out in subsequent builds....
  9. File Explore.. viewing picture icon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explore.. viewing picture icon: I used to be able to view a jpg or jpeg file in any folder it was in when I selected that folder.. It was very useful when I wanted to include it in a email or text message and I did not have to memorize the file name instead of looking at the picture and choosing it.. why...
  10. Increase Line spacing in file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Increase Line spacing in file explorer: My eyes aren't good, so, I increased the icon size in advanced display settings under display settings- Advanced sizing of text and other items. While that did increase the font size to make it easier for me to see, it also crowded the lines substantially seemingly...