Windows 10: need to load driver for HP monitor?

Discus and support need to load driver for HP monitor? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently bought a new monitor (HP VH240a). It works fine out of the box. On the HP support site there is a driver, which I downloaded. Is there any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by miken707, Mar 15, 2019.

1. miken707 Win User

need to load driver for HP monitor?

I recently bought a new monitor (HP VH240a). It works fine out of the box. On the HP support site there is a driver, which I downloaded. Is there any reason to load that driver since the monitor seems to work fine now?

:)

miken707, Mar 15, 2019
  2. Tom Gau Win User

Monitor Drivers for HP 2509b

I upgraded to Windows 10 and now my monitor doesn't work correctly. I'm stuck in low-res VGA mode. I have an HP 2509b monitor and I am unable to load a new monitor driver.

Windows 10 is using a Generic Monitor driver.

I have tried several third-party apps to get the correct monitor driver loaded but have had no success.

I tried following the Troubleshooting procedure but that also did nothing.

From my research I have discovered that there is no Monitor Driver for my Monitor that works in Windows 10.

Do I have any options?

or has this 'free' upgrade forced me to buy a new monitor?

Tom Gau, Mar 15, 2019
  3. Tom Gau Win User
    Monitor Drivers for HP 2509b

Nope. Didn't work at all.

I tried all of your suggestions and nothing worked.

Device Manager won't let me override the installed Display driver with the correct HP driver. It keeps saying the the correct driver is already installed.

I tried going thru Troubleshooting Compatibility but that didn't work either.

Do I need to delete the Generic MS display driver before attempting to install the HP driver? Won't that just kill my monitor completely?

Please help.

Tom Gau, Mar 15, 2019
  4. das10 Win User

DVDSetup failed to load hardware monitor driver!

Is your motherboard an MSI one ? If so, see this site for the reason you may be seeing the message and possible solutions.

Fix: Failed to load Hardware Monitor Driver - Appuals.com

ps: as stormy13 suggested the best alterantive is to directly download the drivers you need from the motherboard maker ( that way, also, the drivers may be more up to date ).

das10, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

1. need to load driver for HP monitor? - Similar Threads - need load driver

2. DVDSetup failed to load hardware monitor driver!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVDSetup failed to load hardware monitor driver!: Hello folks I did a clean install on an extra PC of mine and had some issues. MSI Z87-G41 MotherBoard, I believe it was new in 2014 or 15. Downloaded Win10 Pro 64 today from MS and did a Clean install v1809 , Win10 Pro, build 17763.107 Ethernet is unplugged during...
  3. HP Drivers

HP Drivers: I’ve decided to upgrade my laptop HDD(HP DV6 entertainment) to a SSD which appears to be quite straight forward. I’m thinking too about changing the OS which is windows 7 to 10. I’ve been told that for this laptop windows 7 is the optimal OS. So my question is, will windows...
  4. Load driver error

Load driver error: i keep getting an error message that reads as “ to install the device driver for your drive insert the installation media containing the driver files and then click ok note: the intallation media can be a cd dvd ir usb drive” and i dont know if its because im trying to use...
  5. Remove HP monitor software

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Remove HP monitor software: I have a new-ish HP monitor which I am happy with: HP 22cwa [Monitor] (21.7"vis, s/n 6CM8172CX3, April 2018) Model # T4Q59AA 1920 x 1080 Can I safely remove the HP software and let Windows handle it? 120642
  6. Hp Button Driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hp Button Driver: Hey, Someone just quickly and generally, tell me what I already probably know. HP uses one. I need to know what a button driver is before I initialize it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-button-driver/448dd0bc-a64a-4b73-a3c4-8b61f772d99d
  7. HP driver 1220C

HP driver 1220C: Driver failed to install on Windows 10. Does work OK on Ubuntu 16.04 Were or how do I get the correct driver for Windows 10? Thanks for any advice. Richard...
  8. Need a driver

Need a driver: hello, happy new year! im having an issue with trying to install a drriver for this sensor in my tablet. i cant find it online any where. Sensors\BcmGNSSLocationSensor_ZWE_4752_0A00 35852
  9. Need (updated?) Graphic Driver for my HP Pavilion

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Need (updated?) Graphic Driver for my HP Pavilion: Here's the issue: 1) I get a rainbow-y 'snow' picture when I press any key to 'wake up' the computer from a sleep mode.. I had to shut down the computer and boot back up 2) When I leave the computer on and had to go away for a couple hours.. what happen is that when I...
  10. Failed to load hardware monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    Failed to load hardware monitor: I did reset my pc clean then when the reset if finish. I was gonna install msi hardware mobo then when I click auto play on the cd then I'm getting error ''Failed to load hardware monitor this program must run as administrator'' I'm new to windows 10 84163