Windows 10: need to load driver for HP monitor?

Discus and support need to load driver for HP monitor? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently bought a new monitor (HP VH240a). It works fine out of the box. On the HP support site there is a driver, which I downloaded. Is there any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by miken707, Mar 15, 2019.

1. miken707 Win User

need to load driver for HP monitor?

I recently bought a new monitor (HP VH240a). It works fine out of the box. On the HP support site there is a driver, which I downloaded. Is there any reason to load that driver since the monitor seems to work fine now?

:)

miken707, Mar 15, 2019
  2. Tom Gau Win User

Monitor Drivers for HP 2509b

I upgraded to Windows 10 and now my monitor doesn't work correctly. I'm stuck in low-res VGA mode. I have an HP 2509b monitor and I am unable to load a new monitor driver.

Windows 10 is using a Generic Monitor driver.

I have tried several third-party apps to get the correct monitor driver loaded but have had no success.

I tried following the Troubleshooting procedure but that also did nothing.

From my research I have discovered that there is no Monitor Driver for my Monitor that works in Windows 10.

Do I have any options?

or has this 'free' upgrade forced me to buy a new monitor?

Tom Gau, Mar 15, 2019
  3. Tom Gau Win User
    Monitor Drivers for HP 2509b

Nope. Didn't work at all.

I tried all of your suggestions and nothing worked.

Device Manager won't let me override the installed Display driver with the correct HP driver. It keeps saying the the correct driver is already installed.

I tried going thru Troubleshooting Compatibility but that didn't work either.

Do I need to delete the Generic MS display driver before attempting to install the HP driver? Won't that just kill my monitor completely?

Please help.

Tom Gau, Mar 15, 2019
  4. das10 Win User

DVDSetup failed to load hardware monitor driver!

Is your motherboard an MSI one ? If so, see this site for the reason you may be seeing the message and possible solutions.

Fix: Failed to load Hardware Monitor Driver - Appuals.com

ps: as stormy13 suggested the best alterantive is to directly download the drivers you need from the motherboard maker ( that way, also, the drivers may be more up to date ).

das10, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

1. need to load driver for HP monitor? - Similar Threads - need load driver

2. Windows 11 and HP Monitor driver issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 and HP Monitor driver issues: I recently purchased two HP 24mh FDH monitors and have been unable to set them ups. I followed all of the steps recommended to uninstall and reinstall the driver, but I still cannot set up the monitors. Nothing changes despite the HP program saying the instillation is...
  3. Windows 11 and HP Monitor driver issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 and HP Monitor driver issues: I recently purchased two HP 24mh FDH monitors and have been unable to set them ups. I followed all of the steps recommended to uninstall and reinstall the driver, but I still cannot set up the monitors. Nothing changes despite the HP program saying the instillation is...
  4. Need driver for LG 5K Monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need driver for LG 5K Monitor: I'm using an LG 5K monitor in a fresh install of Windows 11 on an Intel Beast Canyon with an i9. I've seen it in 5K mode but can't get it to show 5K on this install even though all the drivers seem up to date and I'm using a Thunderbolt 4 connector. I've tried using the...
  5. Win 10 - HP Laptop - HP Monitor Driver Incompatibility

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 - HP Laptop - HP Monitor Driver Incompatibility: Hello All. Hoping you can help. I cannot afford to buy any new equipment at the moment. Been unemployed for 9 months. I have an HP Envy Touchscreen 17 laptop. I have an HP 2009m monitor. I have Windows 10. My graphics card is Intel HD Graphics 4600 - version 20.19.15.5058. Is...
  6. Need ASUS Monitor Audio Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need ASUS Monitor Audio Driver: I just purchased an ASUS vg245. Everything works fine except for the audio. I have the volume to 100% and I can hardly here it. When I got to Device Manager I se 2 device drivers in the Sound, video and games controls. AMD High Definition Audio Devise. Realtek(R) Audio....
  7. Load Monitoring and Load Monitors Confusions

in Windows 10 Support
    Load Monitoring and Load Monitors Confusions: The other day after I made a couple of Skype calls that led to a very bad garbling of my voicel I thought that I had overloaded the circuits somehow. I got that to go away by disconnecting an old web cam that I had not used with W10. Background I have now for my main leg:...
  8. Need to Stop HP Driver Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Need to Stop HP Driver Update: Win 10 Pro on HP Envy PC. Windows Update is presenting an HP USB update (from 2012) with status "Pending Install". This appeared a few days ago so I installed it which resulted in USB problems with my HP printer. That is, could not print any more. Poked around and found an...
  9. Need to Stop HP Driver Update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Need to Stop HP Driver Update: Win 10 Pro on HP Envy PC. Windows Update is presenting an HP USB update (from 2012) with status "Pending Install". This appeared a few days ago so I installed it which resulted in USB problems with my HP printer. That is, could not print any more. Poked around and found an...
  10. DVDSetup failed to load hardware monitor driver!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVDSetup failed to load hardware monitor driver!: Hello folks I did a clean install on an extra PC of mine and had some issues. MSI Z87-G41 MotherBoard, I believe it was new in 2014 or 15. Downloaded Win10 Pro 64 today from MS and did a Clean install v1809 , Win10 Pro, build 17763.107 Ethernet is unplugged during...