Windows 10: need to load win10 on a new SSD

Discus and support need to load win10 on a new SSD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Product key but do not have a cd/dvd to load win10 on a REPLACEMENT drive. My HD is going out. how do I reload/transfer/load/move the OS to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by danmedina2, Dec 11, 2018.

1. need to load win10 on a new SSD

I have a Product key but do not have a cd/dvd to load win10 on a REPLACEMENT drive. My HD is going out. how do I reload/transfer/load/move the OS to a new drive? I tried cloning it but it sticks with the c drive. DO I change the names of the drives. My PC came preloaded with win10

:)

danmedina2, Dec 11, 2018
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Dec 11, 2018
  3. Josh_922 Win User
    Win10 clean install on Samsung SSD 850 EVO

BLUF: SSD is not listed ubder "Where do you want to install Windows?"

Steps Complete:

1. I've create a Win10 bootable install usb.

2. I connect the new Samsung SSD 850 EVO via SATA.

3. I reboot PC and verify SSD is seen by the motherboard/BIOS

4. Begin Win10 install via usb.

5. Get to "Where do you want to install Windows?" and the SSD is not listed

Problems:

1. Samsung does not offer a driver for the 850 on their website

2. Cannot locate driver elsewhere

Unsuccessful Mitigations Steps Attempt:

A. Format & partition SSD via Windows Disk Management, then retried steps 1-5 above....same result

B. Clone existing HHD onto SSD via "Image for Windows" by TeraByte, then verified SSD contents via Windows Explorer....similar result

Can you please offer some advice on locating a driver for a Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB drive? Or an alternative method?

Thank you

Josh_922, Dec 11, 2018
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

need to load win10 on a new SSD

geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, Dec 11, 2018
Thema:

need to load win10 on a new SSD

1. need to load win10 on a new SSD - Similar Threads - need load win10

2. Windows is slow to load on a new SSD.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows is slow to load on a new SSD.: I cloned my wife's laptop drive HP Pavilion DV6 - twice. The first time, I didn't see the "do you want this to be the start-up drive?" or whatever the question actually is. Understandably, I couldn't use the SSD. I fiddled around in CMD, looking for Windows and trying to...
  3. Windows is slow to load on a new SSD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is slow to load on a new SSD.: I cloned my wife's laptop drive HP Pavilion DV6 - twice. The first time, I didn't see the "do you want this to be the start-up drive?" or whatever the question actually is. Understandably, I couldn't use the SSD. I fiddled around in CMD, looking for Windows and trying to...
  4. Windows is slow to load on a new SSD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to reinstall original win10 in new ssd?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reinstall original win10 in new ssd?: hi.. i want to replace my laptop's hdd with ssd and install windows 10 in it. How to reactivate the windows? i have original windows that comes with the laptop when i bought it before. Thank you!...
  6. new ssd not found in win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    new ssd not found in win10: Hello everybody, I recently bought a 2,5" SATA 7mm SSD and tried to connect to my laptop. after several tries that was not possible as the SSD was not shown in "My computer" though it is seen in "My devices" in "Control panel" as a n "External Disk 3.0". What is the...
  7. Upgrade to Win10 Pro & to new SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade to Win10 Pro & to new SSD: Hi All, I have query related to fresh SSD Installation. My current HDD is dead & I have new SATA SSD to be install on my Dell Inspiron. Can you please let me know how I can install SSD on laptop with fresh WIN 10 Pro / Home edition OS installation. Currently I have...
  8. Win10 needs multiple restarts before loading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 needs multiple restarts before loading: Hi, I'm getting error code 0xc0000225 sometimes when restarting Windows 10. The system will start to load, then gets stuck requiring me to hit reset to restart the boot process. Sometimes it starts on the first go, other times it can take up to 10 or 12 reboot attempts...
  9. Need a new Win10 printer...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need a new Win10 printer...: I am looking into getting a new inkjet/desk-jet color printer for my new Win10 system, and I need some advice/help in finding the right one. Here is what I am looking for... I would like to get a Hp Inkjet/Desk-jet model. I have had GREAT success with this manufacturer...
  10. Win10 with new SSD freezing hard sometimes

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 with new SSD freezing hard sometimes: I decided to upgrade my computer with a SSD (Samsung 850 Evo 250GB) to speed things up a bit. I did this when I upgraded from win7 to win10. I wanted my computer clean and "new" which meant that after the initial upgrade I removed everything from the old hardware and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to load windows on new ssd

2. to load win10 does the ssd have to be listed in boot device list in bios

3. win10 image load on ssd

4. reload win10 when install ssd