Windows 10: Need to make a Windows Boot USB for a new PC but only have access to internet and a Mac...

Discus and support Need to make a Windows Boot USB for a new PC but only have access to internet and a Mac... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I built a new PC, need to download the Windows 10 software and put it on a USB drive so that I can tell Bios to boot from that drive and install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Nuck Chorris_194, May 9, 2020.

1. Need to make a Windows Boot USB for a new PC but only have access to internet and a Mac...

I built a new PC, need to download the Windows 10 software and put it on a USB drive so that I can tell Bios to boot from that drive and install windows.

Unfortunately, I only have a Mac computer in which to download this key, and Microsoft's websites keep recognising that I am on their website from a Mac computer and redirecting me away from the page I need, which is the one everyone uses in tutorials.

"You’ve been routed to this page because the operating system you’re using won’t support the Windows 10 media creation tool and we want to make sure you can download Windows 10."

Seems these guys don't want to sell windows to me.

I have a fresh USB 16 GB thumb drive formatted in MS-FAT nice and ready to put Windows on for a new PC.

But I need to download to this stick using a Mac computer

Can someone send me the link to where one can buy Windows, without the drama and Artificial Intelligence **** trying to guess what I want and redirect me, and simply let me buy and download a new copy of windows booting tool etc to put on a FAT-32 Usb drive, drive which will boot a PC,

Alternatively, if someone can tell me how to go to the Windows media creation tool website and hide from that site that I am on a mac so it wont redirect me.

:)

Nuck Chorris_194, May 9, 2020

2. usb device no longer accessible in Windows

I made a boot USB of OS X Snow Leopard from the real DVD. I had to go through several steps because I don't have a real mac. I installed OS X in a virtual machine and used SuperDuper to perform the format and copy of the OS. It installed perfectly on a customer Mac Book. Now, I no longer have any use for the OS X boot usb, so it was time to format the device. I formatted the usb in Linux and used NTFS filing system. When I stuck the usb flash drive into my PC, only 230mb is available. I wanted to see what was going on, so I opened up Disk Management and it shows 250mb (FAT32) and another partition that's 7.27GB, but it cannot be formatted. What can I do to fix this problem? I'm at my wits end! If necessary, I could post some pictures of whats going on.

GoFigureItOut, May 9, 2020
  3. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, May 9, 2020
  4. Need to make a Windows Boot USB for a new PC but only have access to internet and a Mac...

Windows on Mac?

Yeah, it's apple's boot camp on their new Intel macs. When Macintosh moved everything to x86, they remembered that Windows runs on x86. And so after some crazy internet people won a contest to boot Windows on a Mac, Macintosh released the "Boot Camp" beta which is alot like the boot loader in Windows XP. Hence, if you buy Windows XP, download Boot Camp beta, and get all sorts of Windows software, you can dual boot XP and Mac and run your XP software on a Mac. That's just too expensive in my opinion...wait for Conroe *Stick Out Tongue Need to make a Windows Boot USB for a new PC but only have access to internet and a Mac... :p.

zekrahminator, May 9, 2020
Thema:

Need to make a Windows Boot USB for a new PC but only have access to internet and a Mac...

1. Need to make a Windows Boot USB for a new PC but only have access to internet and a Mac... - Similar Threads - Need Boot USB

2. Windows 10 update only with USB no Internet access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 update only with USB no Internet access: Dear Reader,We use the Windows 10 Pro PC's in a process environment and they can't be hooked up to the internet. also not for a possible license check after the updateWe need to solve an issue which requires an update, to the last versions. We prefer to use a USB. Two...
  3. Windows 10 update only with USB no Internet access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 update only with USB no Internet access: Dear Reader,We use the Windows 10 Pro PC's in a process environment and they can't be hooked up to the internet. also not for a possible license check after the updateWe need to solve an issue which requires an update, to the last versions. We prefer to use a USB. Two...
  4. Windows 10 update only with USB no Internet access

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to Make a Mac Bootable USB on Windows 11 PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Make a Mac Bootable USB on Windows 11 PC?: I have an old MacBook Pro with Apple M1 chip and it is suddenly stuck on remote management screen no way to close it. The online tutorial tells me to reinstall macOS to bypass the screen. So I need to prepare for a macOS installation USB first. This could be done easily on a...
  6. How to Make a Mac Bootable USB on Windows 11 PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Make a Mac Bootable USB on Windows 11 PC?: I have an old MacBook Pro with Apple M1 chip and it is suddenly stuck on remote management screen no way to close it. The online tutorial tells me to reinstall macOS to bypass the screen. So I need to prepare for a macOS installation USB first. This could be done easily on a...
  7. No Internet Access despite having Internet Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Internet Access despite having Internet Access: Internet is working fine, hovering over network icon says:"Unidentified Network No Internet Access"Opening Network & Internet Settings > Status crashes immediately, but other sub categories such as Ethernet/Dial-Up do not crashDIRECTLY RELATED TO Error Code 0x80072F8FDone a...
  8. No Internet Access despite having Internet Access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Internet Access despite having Internet Access: Internet is working fine, hovering over network icon says:"Unidentified Network No Internet Access"Opening Network & Internet Settings > Status crashes immediately, but other sub categories such as Ethernet/Dial-Up do not crashDIRECTLY RELATED TO Error Code 0x80072F8FDone a...
  9. Creating a USB boot disk for windows 10 but I only have access to a Mac.

Creating a USB boot disk for windows 10 but I only have access to a Mac.: As the subject says I’m in a bit of a pickle, I foolishly deleted a partition to redo windows but the usb boot disk failed and I need to make another one. I only have access to a mac to get this done and I can’t seem to find a way to format it properly. Has anyone had any...
  10. Create a boot USB using a mac

Create a boot USB using a mac: Hello, I've just built a new machine and I need to install Windows on it. I am trying to create a boot USB but only have a mac to create it, is this possible? A lot of the tutorials seem to be to create a boot usb to install windows ON the mac. That isn't what I want to do....