Windows 10: Need to make Dual Boot with 10th GEN

Discus and support Need to make Dual Boot with 10th GEN in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Ok so here it is. I have a New HP 1tb that I want to partition the SSD into 3 partitions and install Windows 10 Pro on each partition and have a dual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Downindaswamp, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Need to make Dual Boot with 10th GEN

Ok so here it is. I have a New HP 1tb that I want to partition the SSD into 3 partitions and install Windows 10 Pro on each partition and have a dual boot computer. I have an older computer that I had done this to with no problems. So here is my problem. I have created mt new NTSFpartitions and when I go and boot from the USB stick it will load the Windows boot disk and ready to install windows. I follow the prompts and when it gets to the point to where I am supposed to select the partition that I want to install windows on, nothing is there at all. It doesn't list any disk, partitions, volumes, or anything at all. Something is keeping it from seeing all partitions on this PC. I even have a Surface Pro that is running UEFI so I booted my surface from the USB and did the same process and it sees the other partitions on the computer. So back to the HP, something is keeping the install software from seeing all partitions on the PC. This is a brand new HP Spectre 1TB 10gen 16GB 2.8hz computer. I can not figure out what is blocking the installer from seeing the partitions on the SSD. So, has anyone ran across this or anyone knows what to do to get it to see the other partitions to be able to install windows and create a multiboot computer? Any help will be great.

:)

Downindaswamp, Dec 27, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Dual Booting with Windows 8.1

The procedure below will allow you to boot Windows separately or in dual boot configuration.
    Here's what I recommend to do:
    1. Disconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    2. Install Windows 10 with one drive connected.
    3. After step 2, reconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    4. Boot up Windows 8.1. Open disk management and take a note of the drive letter of Windows 10 OS.
      NOTE: if you boot up Windows 10, then take a note of Windows 8.1 drive letter
    5. Open Admin command prompt and type: bcdboot X:\windows where X: is the drive letter of Windows 10 (Windows 8.1 if you boot from Windows 10 in step 4)
    6. Reboot the PC. You should have a dual boot screen.

NOTE: To break off the dual boot setting, Win+R->msconfig->boot and delete the none default entry on the list.

topgundcp, Dec 27, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    New 10th Gen Intel Comet Lake Core vPro processors

Source: New Intel vPro Platform Enables Uncompromised Productivity and Performance for the Modern Workforce | Intel Newsroom

Brink, Dec 27, 2020
  4. Need to make Dual Boot with 10th GEN

Dual Booting

Please follow the steps in the tutorial for how to post the screenshot. I cannot even see Disk 0, 1 and 2 on the drive map, and the columns were not spread so i can see the labels in the listings above even though it lllustates how to do this.

As long as you don't have a UEFI install then you can move the boot loader to Windows 10 so that it manages the Dual Boot using it's menu, add the Dual Boot back from there. These same steps using EasyBCD should do it:

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/209885-boo...

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Dec 27, 2020
Thema:

Need to make Dual Boot with 10th GEN

1. Need to make Dual Boot with 10th GEN - Similar Threads - Need Dual Boot

2. Core i7 10th or 11th Gen CPUs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Core i7 10th or 11th Gen CPUs: Hi Microsoft: Why don't the Core i7, specifically, the 10th or 11th Gen CPUs have integrated graphics ? I checked several websites newgg.com.......amazon.com.... none of them sell Core i7 CPUs with integrated graphics....
  3. Core i7 10th or 11th Gen CPUs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Core i7 10th or 11th Gen CPUs: Hi Microsoft: Why don't the Core i7, specifically, the 10th or 11th Gen CPUs have integrated graphics ? I checked several websites newgg.com.......amazon.com.... none of them sell Core i7 CPUs with integrated graphics....
  4. Core i7 10th or 11th Gen CPUs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Should I buy Intel i3 10th Gen with 256GB SSD/ Intel i5 10th Gen with 1 TB HDD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Should I buy Intel i3 10th Gen with 256GB SSD/ Intel i5 10th Gen with 1 TB HDD?: I'm planning to purchase a new PC tomorrow and my budget is limited. I use system for browsing, basic editing and uploading data. Pls suggest the best specifications CPU and also monitor...
  6. Should I buy Intel i3 10th Gen with 256GB SSD/ Intel i5 10th Gen with 1 TB HDD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should I buy Intel i3 10th Gen with 256GB SSD/ Intel i5 10th Gen with 1 TB HDD?: I'm planning to purchase a new PC tomorrow and my budget is limited. I use system for browsing, basic editing and uploading data. Pls suggest the best specifications CPU and also monitor...
  7. Need help in Dual Boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help in Dual Boot: I have a PC with 2 SSD and an NVMe . I have Windows 10 installed on NVMe And have a free SSD and I want to install Linux ( OpenSUSE ) on a free SSD . I want to Setup dual boot on it but I have no idea how to do it and I doubt that it is possible via NVMe and SSD pathway . If...
  8. Intel 10th Gen - Instant on not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Intel 10th Gen - Instant on not working: Just got a Surface Laptop 3, and was excited about the instant on feature as shown here. The instant on works for me after having the SL3 asleep for short periods, but after having it asleep overnight it seems like it must be hibernating because when I open it the next day I...
  9. Dual boot settings needed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual boot settings needed: I can not find this one and would appreciate a lot same of your help. I have two OSs, Windows 10 x32 (needed for some software) or OS1 and Windows x64 or OS2 on separate hard drives. What is the problem? If I boot and load Windows 10 x32 and make shutdown, after I start...
  10. Is it possible to make it dual boot?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it possible to make it dual boot?: I had to replace the Hard Disk on my Lenovo Flex14. I was running it in dual boot - Win10 and Linux. I set up the entire drive under NTFS. Now is it possible to make it dual boot. Also, I am on Win10 Single Language (ie Home). Is there any way to run a virtual machine in...