Windows 10: Need to make Skype work for my handicapped/non-verbal daughter.

Discus and support Need to make Skype work for my handicapped/non-verbal daughter. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; She is in a rehab facility for a pressure wound due to an ill-fitting wheelchair. For the first 5 months, 26 days, I was with her from 8:15 am until... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by VillageIdiot, May 15, 2020.

1. Need to make Skype work for my handicapped/non-verbal daughter.

She is in a rehab facility for a pressure wound due to an ill-fitting wheelchair. For the first 5 months, 26 days, I was with her from 8:15 am until 7:30 pm every day. That's when the Governor shut down all visitations. I understand. But because she can't move herself, I would reposition her every hour and a half so she would stay comfortable. Now that I'm not there, the CNAs are so overworked that they don't have time to keep her like she should be.

I've been working on getting a computer for her so I can Skype her 24 hours a day. I can talk the CNAs through how to reposition her correctly as well as her finally seeing her Papa. I miss her so much. She doesn't understand why her Papa abandoned her.

I have both her PC and mine at home trying to get it to work. I was instructed to set auto-answer, auto-camera. My daughter's camera is working on her computer as well as the sound. But when I call her from my PC, it rings 5 times and it tells me she's not online. Since she's quadriplegic, she can't answer herself. What am I doing wrong? I'm so close! (I hope) How do I get her Skype online so it stays online?

Windows 10

:)

VillageIdiot, May 15, 2020

2. Need to make Skype work for my handicapped/non-verbal daughter.

She is in a rehab facility for a pressure wound due to an ill-fitting wheelchair. For the first 5 months, 26 days, I was with her from 8:15 am until 7:30 pm every day. That's when the Governor shut down all visitations. I understand. But because she can't move herself, I would reposition her every hour and a half so she would stay comfortable. Now that I'm not there, the CNAs are so overworked that they don't have time to keep her like she should be.

I've been working on getting a computer for her so I can Skype her 24 hours a day. I can talk the CNAs through how to reposition her correctly as well as her finally seeing her Papa. I miss her so much. She doesn't understand why her Papa abandoned her.

I have both her PC and mine at home trying to get it to work. I was instructed to set auto-answer, auto-camera. My daughter's camera is working on her computer as well as the sound. But when I call her from my PC, it rings 5 times and it tells me she's not online. Since she's quadriplegic, she can't answer herself. What am I doing wrong? I'm so close! (I hope) How do I get her Skype online so it stays online?

Windows 10

VillageIdiot, May 15, 2020
  3. Skype?

As this is a now quite established messenger system of sorts perhaps a Skype feature for people skype names so perhaps some real time problem solving/discussions could be mounted?
    Just a wee suggestion.
    What does everyone else think?

thedivinehairband, May 15, 2020
  4. temp02 Win User

Need to make Skype work for my handicapped/non-verbal daughter.

Skype webcam sound won't work

Terminate Skype, then go to Control panel -> Sound and audio devices -> Audio -> un-check "Use only default devices", restart Skype and see if the webcam audio input is listed.

temp02, May 15, 2020
Thema:

Need to make Skype work for my handicapped/non-verbal daughter.

1. Need to make Skype work for my handicapped/non-verbal daughter. - Similar Threads - Need Skype handicapped

2. My daughter laptop mouse isn't working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My daughter laptop mouse isn't working: My daughter laptop mouse isn't working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-daughter-laptop-mouse-isnt-working/242b16c0-9161-4475-8ccb-1a75621e6cea
  3. My daughter laptop mouse isn't working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My daughter laptop mouse isn't working: My daughter laptop mouse isn't working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-daughter-laptop-mouse-isnt-working/242b16c0-9161-4475-8ccb-1a75621e6cea
  4. My handicapped daughters computer just made us install Windows 11. The screen only stays on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My handicapped daughters computer just made us install Windows 11. The screen only stays on...: Just installed Windows 11 on my daughters computer. But it stays on for 20 seconds and then goes into sleep mode. You do not have time to really do anything before it goes to sleep. I have already gone in and changed the sleep mode settings with no difference at all. My...
  5. My handicapped daughters computer just made us install Windows 11. The screen only stays on...

My handicapped daughters computer just made us install Windows 11. The screen only stays on...: Just installed Windows 11 on my daughters computer. But it stays on for 20 seconds and then goes into sleep mode. You do not have time to really do anything before it goes to sleep. I have already gone in and changed the sleep mode settings with no difference at all. My...
  6. Need to make Skype work for my handicapped/non-verbal daughter.

in Windows 10 Support
    Need to make Skype work for my handicapped/non-verbal daughter.: She is in a rehab facility for a pressure wound due to an ill-fitting wheelchair. For the first 5 months, 26 days, I was with her from 8:15 am until 7:30 pm every day. That's when the Governor shut down all visitations. I understand. But because she can't move herself, I...
  7. I need my skype to not work.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need my skype to not work.: I need my skype to NOT work, do not ask why. submitted by /u/Foxxyie [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fcl2rf/i_need_my_skype_to_not_work/
  8. verbal message

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    verbal message: I get the message that my computer has virus...do not turn off.. I cannot close that page so I have to turn off the computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_other-protect_scanning-windows_10/verbal-message/4878cd18-9496-4d78-a9d2-4ec8e85ef491
  9. Installation of non Microsoft Skype

Installation of non Microsoft Skype: A friend of mine is not pc savvy, a friend screwed up his skype. We have been trying to reinstall it but it keeps coming up with asking for his microsoft account which he has long forgotten. I even went 'down the tubes' to look at his pc. Bearing in mind he knows very...
  10. Verbal Reminder

in Windows 10 Support
    Verbal Reminder: Is there any way to set Cortana to give a verbal reminder? As of now when you ask Cortana to set up a reminder a visual reminder comes from the right side of the screen. That's cool but if you are not sitting at the computer, you will miss the reminder until you press a key...