Windows 10: Need to manually uninstall VirtualBox for update of Windows 10, but there is no VirtualBox...

Discus and support Need to manually uninstall VirtualBox for update of Windows 10, but there is no VirtualBox... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Need to manually uninstall VirtualBox for update of Windows 10, but there is no VirtualBox found in my PC. How should i do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sinlinsinlin, Mar 12, 2021.

1. Need to manually uninstall VirtualBox for update of Windows 10, but there is no VirtualBox...

Need to manually uninstall VirtualBox for update of Windows 10, but there is no VirtualBox found in my PC. How should i do?

:)

sinlinsinlin, Mar 12, 2021
  2. PuB_Evo Win User

Sun VirtualBox

Been there and done that. Followed through enabling the 3D acceleration and as told i hit the "Install Guest Addition" to install the drivers in the guest operating system, after that i was told to reboot the VirtualBox and came to the blue windows XP shutdown screen... It was on that screen for more then 30mins and so i force a shutdown on the original Win7 OS to et rid of the VirtualBox OS shutdown screen. Rebooted and tested VirtualBox with the game and got the same error message as shown in my first post.

EDIT: Gone through all the steps till i came to rebooting the VirtualBox OS. After the system coming up normally, i checked if the 3D acceleration is enabled by running dxdiag. Here is what i get...

Need to manually uninstall VirtualBox for update of Windows 10, but there is no VirtualBox... DirectX.png

Need advise to fix 3D acceleration so i can go on. Thank you so much!

PuB_Evo, Mar 12, 2021
  3. temp02 Win User
    Sun VirtualBox

I doubt that you will be able to get full 3D acceleration (and VirtualBox is the best VM in that field IMO), so the only advice available that I can give you is to turn 3D acceleration on and install your graphic card drivers (on the host machine), follow this guide to enable the 3D acceleration option on VirtualBox.

EDIT: more info here.

temp02, Mar 12, 2021
  4. Need to manually uninstall VirtualBox for update of Windows 10, but there is no VirtualBox...

Windows 10 Insider Preview won't update -- VirtualBox?

This started about 3 updates of Windows 10 Insider Preview. I try to update and it downloads and tried to install. Always gets to 35% and it complains about Virtual Box. It suggests to manually uninstall. I don't even remember of having VirtualBox on this
    machine, but OK. I did an uninstall and even used one of the uninstall programs to try to remove traces. FINALLY, I even manually went through with RegEdit and removed every single mention of VirtualBox. STILL no joy. Won't let me install the latest Insider
    Previews. Anybody else experience? Anybody have a solution? Currently "stuck" on Build 20201.rs_prelease.200822-1922. Since then, with every newest Build, exact same problem. HELP!

not a newbie, Mar 12, 2021
Thema:

Need to manually uninstall VirtualBox for update of Windows 10, but there is no VirtualBox...

1. Need to manually uninstall VirtualBox for update of Windows 10, but there is no VirtualBox... - Similar Threads - Need manually uninstall

2. VirtualBox uninstall not sucessful.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VirtualBox uninstall not sucessful.: This is a thread following the thread in forums.virtualbox.org. link:VirtualBox does not install, uninstall and repair - virtualbox.orgI accidently installed virtualbox in E: Drive. but when I uninstalled virtualbox, the files were still in the E: Drive.When I try to open the...
  3. VirtualBox uninstall not sucessful.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VirtualBox uninstall not sucessful.: This is a thread following the thread in forums.virtualbox.org. link:VirtualBox does not install, uninstall and repair - virtualbox.orgI accidently installed virtualbox in E: Drive. but when I uninstalled virtualbox, the files were still in the E: Drive.When I try to open the...
  4. Cannot Manually uninstall VirtualBox during update to Windows 10, version 22H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot Manually uninstall VirtualBox during update to Windows 10, version 22H2: Cannot Manually uninstall VirtualBox during update to Windows 10, version 22H2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-manually-uninstall-virtualbox-during-update/3eef8e52-d6bb-4a17-a540-197e586e418c
  5. Cannot Manually uninstall VirtualBox during update to Windows 10, version 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Manually uninstall VirtualBox during update to Windows 10, version 22H2: Cannot Manually uninstall VirtualBox during update to Windows 10, version 22H2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-manually-uninstall-virtualbox-during-update/3eef8e52-d6bb-4a17-a540-197e586e418c
  6. Cannot Manually uninstall VirtualBox during update to Windows 10, version 22H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows not uninstalling VirtualBox

Windows not uninstalling VirtualBox: Hi, I'm trying to update to the latest windows 10 update 20H2 or whatever it's called but when I try to it says something like this "This program is outdated, please uninstall". I don't have virtualbox installed at the moment and I've tried AppRPS but it doesn't give a DIR...
  8. Windows 10 update needs me to manually uninstall VirtualBox

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Windows 10 update needs me to manually uninstall VirtualBox: Hello everyone. I am new to this forum. I hope someone can help me with this issue. In the past few weeks I got notices from Windows 10 Update that asked me to manually uninstall VirtualBox because that app was not compatible with Windows 10. I suppose it is preventing...
  9. Windows 10 update needs me to manually uninstall VirtualBox

Windows 10 update needs me to manually uninstall VirtualBox: Hello everyone. I am new to this forum. I hope someone can help me with this issue. In the past few weeks I got notices from Windows 10 Update that asked me to manually uninstall VirtualBox because that app was not compatible with Windows 10. I suppose it is preventing...
  10. cannot update windows 10 because of virtualbox need to be uninstalled

cannot update windows 10 because of virtualbox need to be uninstalled: i have problem here i cant update to windows 20H2 because of this virtual box. i have try the solution on the page Windows 10 upgrade can’t complete due to error: “Some apps need to be uninstalled.” i saw 23 file but i cant find any of them have true value on the step 4....