Windows 10: Need to migrate reformat LaCie external drive from XBOX format to Windows 10

Discus and support Need to migrate reformat LaCie external drive from XBOX format to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ok, This drive has a lot of "history" - used to be my time vault in an old mac - then got "promoted" to Xbox - now, I need to use it as an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CLue-lessND, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Need to migrate reformat LaCie external drive from XBOX format to Windows 10

Ok, This drive has a lot of "history"

- used to be my time vault in an old mac

- then got "promoted" to Xbox

- now, I need to use it as an external drive in my MS Surface with Windows 10

No, it doesn't show in the directory view

Yes, it is recognized by the drive manager tool

Thanks

:)

CLue-lessND, Apr 10, 2021

2. Formatting External hard drive.

1. Launch the Disk Manager with diskmgmt.msc
    2. Use right-clicks to delete all partitions on the external disk
    3. Create one or several new partitions
    4. Format them

Frederik Long, Apr 10, 2021
  3. Formatting External hard drive.

I formatted my seagate external hard drive for my Xbox one X . for storage space.

Know I cant reformat it to use on my PC ?

Scoped50cal, Apr 10, 2021
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Need to migrate reformat LaCie external drive from XBOX format to Windows 10

External drive in now incompatible with Windows 10 UPgrade

Hi,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

Is LaCie external drive detected in Device Manager?

I suggest you to update LaCie external drive drivers in Device manager and check. If issue persists install driver in Compatible mode.

Compatibility mode

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Do let us know if you are able to back up files in LaCie external drive. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Apr 10, 2021
Thema:

Need to migrate reformat LaCie external drive from XBOX format to Windows 10

1. Need to migrate reformat LaCie external drive from XBOX format to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Need migrate reformat

2. Want to Re-Format Lacie External Drive Back to NTFS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Want to Re-Format Lacie External Drive Back to NTFS: I have a Lacie d2 Professional external drive. I want to backup Windows-based files from my HP laptop. However, I previous backed up files from my Mac, not knowing that formatted the external drive for Mac only. I want to re-format the drive to Microsoft NTFS, and not use it...
  3. Want to Re-Format Lacie External Drive Back to NTFS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Want to Re-Format Lacie External Drive Back to NTFS: I have a Lacie d2 Professional external drive. I want to backup Windows-based files from my HP laptop. However, I previous backed up files from my Mac, not knowing that formatted the external drive for Mac only. I want to re-format the drive to Microsoft NTFS, and not use it...
  4. Reformatting Xbox One External Drive for Windows leaves it with bad sectors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reformatting Xbox One External Drive for Windows leaves it with bad sectors: Does anyone have this problem? Can it be fixed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reformatting-xbox-one-external-drive-for-windows/fdbd6405-96da-442b-9515-9854cdadd9ce
  5. how to format external LaCie, formerly Mac drive, for Win 10?

how to format external LaCie, formerly Mac drive, for Win 10?: We are running a low level format of an external LaCie drive that was once a Mac drive running HFS. It recognizes the drive. It starts the format and then at the end errors out with a message that it can't be formatted. We'll get the exact message if needed, but it doesn't...
  6. how to format external LaCie, formerly Mac drive, for Win 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    how to format external LaCie, formerly Mac drive, for Win 10?: We are running a low level format of an external LaCie drive that was once a Mac drive running HFS. It recognizes the drive. It starts the format and then at the end errors out with a message that it can't be formatted. We'll get the exact message if needed, but it doesn't...
  7. Reformatting external hard drive for windows 10

Reformatting external hard drive for windows 10: I'm being told to reformat my external hard drive to be compatible with windows 10....how do I do it without losing my files on the external hard drive...
  8. 2 partitions external hard drive need to reformat.

2 partitions external hard drive need to reformat.: I have an external Hard Drive 500GB, it was formatted into 2 partitions. I have done backup of the contents, then I thought I need to format it to a one hard disk. I did delete the 2 partitions in "computer management". Later this hard drive did not show on "This PC" and can...
  9. lacie external hard drive

lacie external hard drive: since I installed windows 10 I cant use my LaCie external hardrive, to access pictures, from way back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lacie-external-hard-drive/c674c2dc-0746-4491-9095-b4875030781a
  10. Detecting but Wont Open LaCie External Hard Drive

Detecting but Wont Open LaCie External Hard Drive: I have a LaCie external hard drive (this one here) that was given to me by a friend, and for one reason or another W10 wont show the external drive as an option under Devices and Drives when selecting "This PC" or My Computer. I can see my SSD with the OS and the internal 2nd...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lacie external drive open with xbox