Windows 10: Need to move my windows pro upgrade from defective computer to new computer

Discus and support Need to move my windows pro upgrade from defective computer to new computer in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I bought a new computer and upgraded windows from home to Pro. The computer was bad so a replacement was sent I need to move the upgrade over. I did it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by GeraldBardeson, May 29, 2021.

1. Need to move my windows pro upgrade from defective computer to new computer

I bought a new computer and upgraded windows from home to Pro. The computer was bad so a replacement was sent I need to move the upgrade over. I did it through the Microsoft store so no codes or licenses numbers were exchanged. Microsoft has been no help what's so ever.

:)

GeraldBardeson, May 29, 2021

2. New Computer: Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Mom is getting a new computer. Although the computer will have Windows 10 Home preinstalled, we want the Pro version.

Are the steps correct to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro?

• Click Start > Settings > Update & security > Activation > Go to store > make your purchase, follow the on screen instructions and within 5 to 10 minutes you will be upgraded to Windows 10 Pro.

We are in Canada. I am guessing that the upgrade price is close to US$100 converted to Canadian dollars?

Kevin Stecyk, May 29, 2021
  3. tater Win User
    Need ideas for new computer

if this is an upgrade computer... then i wouldnt suggest buying new ones and wasting $200-$300 on new ones.., especially if all the old stuff works fine

tater, May 29, 2021
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

Need to move my windows pro upgrade from defective computer to new computer

Upgrade Windows 10 Family to Pro with license from old computer

You could try:

1. Disconnect the computer from all sources of internet.
    2. On the Windows Activation Screen in Settings, change the product key to Windows 10 Pro generic key VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T.
    3. After it upgrades to Pro, reconnect to the internet.
    4. Then try the activation troubleshooter to transfer license from old computer.

There is absolutely no guarantee step 4 will work and be WARNED, once you upgrade to Pro it will be very difficult to downgrade back to Home version.

NavyLCDR, May 29, 2021
Thema:

Need to move my windows pro upgrade from defective computer to new computer

1. Need to move my windows pro upgrade from defective computer to new computer - Similar Threads - Need move pro

2. Moving a user from Windows 10 Pro on old computer to Windows 11 Pro on a new computer...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving a user from Windows 10 Pro on old computer to Windows 11 Pro on a new computer...: What can safely be moved in AppData on old computer to new computer?I have always been told that moving everything from Appdata to a new computer is dangerous and potentially make the new computer unstable, so i have always parsed the old appdata folder and only moved select...
  3. Moving a user from Windows 10 Pro on old computer to Windows 11 Pro on a new computer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving a user from Windows 10 Pro on old computer to Windows 11 Pro on a new computer...: What can safely be moved in AppData on old computer to new computer?I have always been told that moving everything from Appdata to a new computer is dangerous and potentially make the new computer unstable, so i have always parsed the old appdata folder and only moved select...
  4. Can I move a 10 Pro that was upgraded from a 10 home to a new computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I move a 10 Pro that was upgraded from a 10 home to a new computer?: Can I move a 10 Pro that was upgraded from a 10 home to a new computer?I am getting a ne cmputer but realized that it dsent have the Pro version that I need for school and Im trying to figrue out if i can move it.I got it 3 years ago due to school/work needed softare from the...
  5. Can I move a 10 Pro that was upgraded from a 10 home to a new computer?

Can I move a 10 Pro that was upgraded from a 10 home to a new computer?: Can I move a 10 Pro that was upgraded from a 10 home to a new computer?I am getting a ne cmputer but realized that it dsent have the Pro version that I need for school and Im trying to figrue out if i can move it.I got it 3 years ago due to school/work needed softare from the...
  6. Pro upgrade to new computer

Pro upgrade to new computer: Hi all, Bought new Dell, upgraded to Win 10 Pro through the store, the Dell died young (motherboard, I guess). Bought new HP box, tried to transfer Pro package that has a digital license, but they want a key. Posted on Microsoft Answers how to do, they say can't transfer...
  7. I need to move my windows 10 pro license to a new computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I need to move my windows 10 pro license to a new computer: I bought windows 10 pro years ago when I built my PC, but earlier this year when I upgraded some hardware in that PC, windows deactivated itself and forced me to purchase windows 10 pro again for the full price. Now I am getting rid of that PC and I want to move my windows 10...
  8. Move upgrade from dead computer?

Move upgrade from dead computer?: I've been reading assorted posts and answers for the past couple weeks, but haven't found a response that addresses my situation, which seems odd, since I can't be the only one to ever have experienced this. There are two parts to this, with the second dependent on the first....
  9. Move Windows Pro license to a new computer

Move Windows Pro license to a new computer: Is is possible to remove or disable Windows 10 PRO totally from one computer and install in a new computer with the original being dismantled and recycled? TedPaulat...
  10. Move working drive from defective computed to working computer. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Move working drive from defective computed to working computer. Windows 10: moved a working hard drive from a lenova laptop to a compact desktop. Will not update Windows 10. Thinks the drive is a USB, but is connected to SATAll buss. Works fine othewise, but give me nag screens to updated at every start. How do I fix it without a clean install, which...