Windows 10: Need to move OS without moving games to a ssd

Discus and support Need to move OS without moving games to a ssd in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I need to move the operating system from my hdd to my ssd but I don’t want to move any of my games as my ssd is only 500 gigs, so only windows 10 but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/danny-da-vito, Feb 3, 2021.

1. Need to move OS without moving games to a ssd

I need to move the operating system from my hdd to my ssd but I don’t want to move any of my games as my ssd is only 500 gigs, so only windows 10 but I have no idea how to do it if anyone has an idea or has done it before than plz help me, my ssd is sata and already has some stuff on it thanks for reading

submitted by /u/danny-da-vito
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/danny-da-vito, Feb 3, 2021

2. Move OS to SSD leave data in HDD

To do so, follow the steps below:

Step 1.
    Clone OS to SSD

Step 2. Enter into BIOS and set the SSD as the first boot disk.

Step 3. Change the old drive to D:\ (you'd better do a disk backup of the old drive in adavance).

Hope my answer will give you a hand.

Paper Plane-4567, Feb 3, 2021
  3. Moving my OS from HDD to SSD

Ok so in a nutshell,

1. Plug in SSD, mount it and move the Media Creation Tool onto that.

2. Restart, open BIOS and move the SSD to the first slot in Boot Order

3. Close BIOS, let computer restart and do a fresh install onto the SSD

So that installs the OS onto the SSD, after that, am I fine to reformat the HDD and delete the OS software on it?

DanielJohnson9, Feb 3, 2021
  4. Need to move OS without moving games to a ssd

how to migrate only the OS to a new SSD

hi

i gust got a new SSD

and i want to move my OS and only my OS over to it

so that i can boot from it.

if any one can give me a step by step guide to it that would be grate

some PC info

i have windows 10 64bit

the SSD is 120GB

mrhexeberg, Feb 3, 2021
Thema:

Need to move OS without moving games to a ssd

1. Need to move OS without moving games to a ssd - Similar Threads - Need move without

2. Move OS to new internal SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move OS to new internal SSD: Hello, I bought a new internal SSD that I installed on my motherboard. I initiated it from Disk Management. Since the new SSD is way better more speed and more space, I want to migrate my OS to the new one without any third-party tool unless it's free. Can someone help me?...
  3. Move OS to new internal SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move OS to new internal SSD: Hello, I bought a new internal SSD that I installed on my motherboard. I initiated it from Disk Management. Since the new SSD is way better more speed and more space, I want to migrate my OS to the new one without any third-party tool unless it's free. Can someone help me?...
  4. Moving OS from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Moving OS from HDD to SSD: I want to change my laptop from HDD to SSD, but how about my windows and the license? can i move it using a tool to copy it and paste to the SSD? im the second owner of this laptop....
  5. Moving OS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving OS: How do i move operating system to ssd without losing data and all other programs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-os/c384689b-02b0-41bd-b490-1bc38c94c925
  6. Move Windows OS to SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Move Windows OS to SSD: I have an ASUS Q525UA with a 2TB HDD. I bought a Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 250GB and installed it. Is there any way to move or reinstall Windows from the HDD to the SSD without having to wipe anything. I've created a USB drive Windows 10 media tool and backed up my drive just...
  7. Move the OS

Move the OS: I have upgraded my notebook by adding a M.2 SSD. How to move the OS from HDD to SSD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-the-os/31229331-1425-4fb8-b6ca-74091718452e
  8. Moving my OS from HDD to SSD

Moving my OS from HDD to SSD: Hey guys, Doing a massive overhaul of my computer and finally moving my OS to my HDD to SSD. New everything, the only things I am keeping is my power supply and HDD. I read that to do it without wiping, I'd need a cloning tool. However, I don't care enough about that. All...
  9. Move OS to SSD

Move OS to SSD: Move win10 from my HDD to SSD operating system only The SSD in smaller but it is 500 mg https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-os-to-ssd/2a46d103-f634-4cd0-9230-c58104c63769
  10. Moving OS to new SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving OS to new SSD: I have my Windows 10 OS installed in my old HDD. I recently put in a m.2 NVMe SSD in my PC and i’m wondering if I can clone my Windows 10 OS to my new SSD ONLY. I want to keep my pictures, videos and games in my HDD not move it anywhere. Is this possible? If so please tell me...