Windows 10: Need to move Windows 10 to new hard disk with drivers

Discus and support Need to move Windows 10 to new hard disk with drivers in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I have a custom-built windows machine that I now need to sell. It has a number of different components, and the original driver CD's are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by riverteeth, May 19, 2019.

1. Need to move Windows 10 to new hard disk with drivers

Hi everyone,

I have a custom-built windows machine that I now need to sell. It has a number of different components, and the original driver CD's are no longer with me. I would like to move the installation to a new hard disk that I have bought for this purpose (in order to not pass on my old drive to a stranger, even if I've wiped it clean with Window's Restore tool).

I know that I can do a clean install of Windows with a bootable USB that can be made here:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10

But doing this doesn't include all of my drivers, so that's a no go. Can I easily add drivers to the bootable USB?

Thanks!
    David

:)

riverteeth, May 19, 2019
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, May 19, 2019
  3. Naresh_K Win User
    Hard disk partition not showing up.

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This can happen if the Hard-disk drivers are not up-to date. I would suggest you to update the hard disk drivers first. To update the drivers, please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Device manager.
    2. Then Expand “Disk drives”.
    3. Then Right click on the Hard-disk listed under this category.
    4. Then click on Update drivers.
    5. Alternatively you can also try to update the drivers from manufacturer’s website.

Once the hard-disk drivers are updated, you will need to allocate the last partition (it is not allocated according to the screenshot) and you will be able to view the partition.

Also note that sometimes the hard disk partitions/drives might be hidden in This PC or My Computer window due to a Registry key. If a DWORD with the name NoViewOnDrive or NoDrives is present under following key in Registry Editor:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Policies\Explorer

Delete the DWORD and your drives will become visible in My Computer window.

Hope this helps.

Naresh_K, May 19, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Need to move Windows 10 to new hard disk with drivers

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 19, 2019
Thema:

Need to move Windows 10 to new hard disk with drivers

1. Need to move Windows 10 to new hard disk with drivers - Similar Threads - Need move hard

2. Hard disk has failed, will I need to buy a new Windows Liscence to install another hard disk ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard disk has failed, will I need to buy a new Windows Liscence to install another hard disk ?: My hard disk has failed on my PC, It won’t boot because of this and I have to get a replacement from my PC’s company, however they told me I can pop in any other hard drive I have laying around to use my PC in the mean time.If I go out and buy a new SSD 1TB in replacement of...
  3. Moving windows to a new hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving windows to a new hard drive: I've bought a new ssd hard drive, and would like to move window and everything else from my old hard drive to my new one. I have a windows 10 cd but don't want to wait for all the updates to be loaded from windows 11....
  4. Moving windows to a new hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving windows to a new hard drive: I've bought a new ssd hard drive, and would like to move window and everything else from my old hard drive to my new one. I have a windows 10 cd but don't want to wait for all the updates to be loaded from windows 11....
  5. Transferring windows 10 to new hard disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transferring windows 10 to new hard disk: My wife uses a laptop with 32MB emmc for bootdisk. I installed a 256MB ssd because windows 10 needs additional room to be able to update. How do I transfer Windows 10 to the SSD to boot from the SSD. The recovery partition on the emmc was deleted. Is there a way to...
  6. Add a new disk and move windows to the new disk, will I needs reactivation windows?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Add a new disk and move windows to the new disk, will I needs reactivation windows?: I have Windows 10 LTSC 2019 installed on my computer, It licensed with a key not digital license The hard drive where windows on is a SMR hard disk and it is too slow, I'm planning add a SSD and clone whole windows partition to SSD, The old HDD will still connected to...
  7. Moving to a New Hard drive

Moving to a New Hard drive: So recently my old hard drive died. I cannot go to boot or anything so I have purchased a new hard drive I'm unable to get to my operating system on my old drive since it is entirely dead I still have Windows 10 connected to my account so, how do I get my account in Windows...
  8. Hard Disk Corrupted - need to install windows in another hard disk

Hard Disk Corrupted - need to install windows in another hard disk: Dear Sir My hard disk is corrupted. How will I install windows in another hard disk? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-disk-corrupted-need-to-install-windows-in/87253f42-3d08-4508-9f58-b1e9fc928311
  9. Hard disk drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard disk drivers: Dear all, I have a External HDD seagate hard drive. It's connecting to my PC but not able to open it. I tried it to find in Disk Management. It's showing connected as per device manager image attached below. Then i found some logs regarding some drivers 1. 2. 3....
  10. Installing Windows 10 to a new Hard Disk.

Installing Windows 10 to a new Hard Disk.: A few weeks ago, I downloaded the Media Creation Tool and created a Windows 10 Recovery disk and used it to do a clean install of my W10 upgraded installation on my desktop. It went well. Now I find I would like to put W10 on my Win 7 Acer laptop and plan to remove the...