Windows 10: Need to open seprate Microsoft account

Discus and support Need to open seprate Microsoft account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° I helped a friend to set up their windows over a year ago. Now it is logging into my account!!! So how can I get them off my account, so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RocketNut, Jul 11, 2020.

1. RocketNut Win User

Need to open seprate Microsoft account

͡° ͜ʖ ͡°

I helped a friend to set up their windows over a year ago. Now it is logging into my account!!! So how can I get them off my account, so they can create their own account?

:)

RocketNut, Jul 11, 2020
  2. sam02 Win User

App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Jul 11, 2020
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jul 11, 2020
  4. Need to open seprate Microsoft account

Microsoft account purchase information.

Hi Robert,

A corrupted game file is one of the possible reasons why you don't see any information with all of your Microsoft games. To help you resolve this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

Step 1: Sign out your account from the Windows Store. Here is how:

• Open the Store app.
    • Click/tap on the user icon, and click/tap on Microsoft account that you are currently signed in to the Store with.
    • Click/tap on the Microsoft account again.
    • Click/tap on the Sign out link.

Step 2: Reset Store cache. Follow the steps below:

• Press the Win+R keys to open the Run dialog.
    • Type WSReset.exe, and click/tap on OK.

Note: The WS tool resets the Windows Store without changing account settings or deleting installed apps.
    • The Store and a command prompt will now open without any message. The command prompt will automatically close when the Store cache has been reset.

Step 3: Sign in your account to the Windows Store.

• Open the Store app.
    • Click/tap on the user icon, and click/tap on Sign in.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post back anytime.

Wilfred Mac, Jul 11, 2020
Thema:

Need to open seprate Microsoft account

1. Need to open seprate Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Need open seprate

2. Do we need a new account to open Microsoft on new computer. Or, do we need to add account...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do we need a new account to open Microsoft on new computer. Or, do we need to add account...: We are trying to login to a BRAND new computer THAT WE STARTED TO SET UP. WE are unable or cannot sign in as a message pops up “oops something went wrong or “Violation of terms and conditions OR THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH YOUR ACCOUNT. The NEW COMPUTER Lenova Flex7i Evo Platform...
  3. Do we need a new account to open Microsoft on new computer. Or, do we need to add account...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do we need a new account to open Microsoft on new computer. Or, do we need to add account...: We are trying to login to a BRAND new computer THAT WE STARTED TO SET UP. WE are unable or cannot sign in as a message pops up “oops something went wrong or “Violation of terms and conditions OR THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH YOUR ACCOUNT. The NEW COMPUTER Lenova Flex7i Evo Platform...
  4. Helped needed with Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Helped needed with Microsoft Account: Just purchased a new laptop for my husband which he needs to start using very quickly as he is scheduled to have his first ever Zoom meeting tomorrow for a course he is taking which is going to be from a link in Teams. I set his Microsoft Account up with an email address that...
  5. Helped needed with Microsoft Account

Helped needed with Microsoft Account: Just purchased a new laptop for my husband which he needs to start using very quickly as he is scheduled to have his first ever Zoom meeting tomorrow for a course he is taking which is going to be from a link in Teams. I set his Microsoft Account up with an email address that...
  6. Win 10 - seprate brightness for battery and charger

Win 10 - seprate brightness for battery and charger: Allegedly there is no option to do this now, but when I reset my power plan settings to default the screen is harshly dimmed right after unpluging the charger. Please tell me if there is any way to adjust the lewel of the dimnishment? I would like to dim it but not as much...
  7. Win 10 - seprate brightness for battery and charger

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 - seprate brightness for battery and charger: Allegedly there is no option to do this now, but when I reset my power plan settings to default the screen is harshly dimmed right after unpluging the charger. Please tell me if there is any way to adjust the lewel of the dimnishment? I would like to dim it but not as much...
  8. Need to fix Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Need to fix Microsoft account: Hello all,I wonder if someone could help me. I am frequently being asked by Windows to verify my settings for Hotmail and the Windows sharing experience. Basically all I am having to do is just input my pin number for Windows then get notified that the issue is fixed. It...
  9. Need to seprate 2 windows accounts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need to seprate 2 windows accounts: I help set up a friend's computer and some how their account got linked to my account!!! How can I seprate the two accounts? I ask this question back in July without any answer, please help me. Thank you ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°...
  10. Need to fix Microsoft Account ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Need to fix Microsoft Account ?: windows 10 on my Sony Vaio just updated 06/11/2018. I logon using my pin number. Now my HP desktop Windows 10 where I logon using my password has a message in Action Centre "You need to fix your Microsoft Account for apps on your other devices to be able to launch apps and...