Windows 10: need to order a boot disk for my win 10 computer

Discus and support need to order a boot disk for my win 10 computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; need a boot disk for win 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BENNIECASTAGNETTA, Jun 27, 2020.

1. need to order a boot disk for my win 10 computer

need a boot disk for win 10

:)

BENNIECASTAGNETTA, Jun 27, 2020
  2. Suupala Win User

Disk boot failure after removing old Vista partition

Thank you for the reply, muchomurka! As I indicated in my post, I have already tried all the steps you suggested to no avail:

- I cannot choose startup repair since the computer does not boot from the installation media
    - I cannot use command prompt since the computer does not boot further than the POST screen
    - I have disconnected and tried out all hard drives individually.

Since I had Win 10 up and running a few hours ago, I can say with 100% certainty that none of the hardware is faulty.

The real mystery is, how come the system won't boot from any media without an empty disk containing an old Vista boot sector being on top of the boot priority list? And which steps to take now that I've cleaned this disk and it does not exist anymore?

Would appreciate any ideas and pointers!

Suupala, Jun 27, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Update Broke Computer Need Help!

Windows 10 Upgrade
    According to this list, your PC isn't on Acer's approved list for Win 10. Could you check that?

This is an older PC which came with Win 7. Have you ever clean installed Win 10 on it?

• AMD Athlon II X2 255 Dual Core Processor
    • Windows 7 Professional
    • 2GB DDR3 RAM
    • 320GB HDD
    • DVD Rewriter
    • Integrated Graphics
    • PS.VB1E3.082

We can only proceed step by step.

So chkdsk and SFC /Scannow are ok. But any attempt to reset your PC or run DISM fails.

Is this what you tried? I'm not 100% clear what the above means. Clean install or this procedure?
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums

If you tried this, it's possible it failed as you need (it seems) some 500Mb of unallocated space on your hard disk.

dalchina, Jun 27, 2020
  4. RealNeil Win User

need to order a boot disk for my win 10 computer

Win 10 boots...

I can't answer to the speed of Win-8 booting. I tried the Win-8 preview and went back to Win-7 after a month. They say that Win-8.1 is a lot better than Win-8 was.
    My Win-10 TP is working well ATM.

RealNeil, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

need to order a boot disk for my win 10 computer

1. need to order a boot disk for my win 10 computer - Similar Threads - need order boot

2. Boot order on new Win 10 desktop computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot order on new Win 10 desktop computer: Hello, I recently built a new Win 10 desktop that seems to work great! My question deals with the boot process. The last built I did was at least 10+ years ago using Win XP I think then later upgraded to Win 7. At that time I could change the boot order in the bios which I...
  3. My order of Win 10 Pro does not appear in my orders

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My order of Win 10 Pro does not appear in my orders: I purchased a full version of Windows 10 Pro not the upgrade back on August 26, 2019. I recently got a new PC and uninstalled that copy of windows and then parted out that PC. I wanted to use that Windows 10 Pro on my new laptop but I cannot find the key. The order does not...
  4. Disk check when booting to win 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk check when booting to win 10: This computer problem never ends! Now when booting to win 10 (selecting it from the bios as my boot disk), it does a disk check. Any reason why it would suddenly start doing this? 171301
  5. Win 10 System/boot Disk Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10 System/boot Disk Issue: I'm concerned about an issue with my computer set up. To go back to the beginning. I had Win 7 installed, upgraded to win 8 with a fresh install, so had a dual boot up. When Microsoft gave the free upgrade to Win 10, I took advantage of that and it installed on a partition...
  6. Need Help moving from win 7 to win 10 on a dual boot computer.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need Help moving from win 7 to win 10 on a dual boot computer.: I am looking to move from windows 7 to windows 10 and would like to know if there is an easy way to move all my stuff from one OS to the other? I have both installed on my SSD but now that support is ending for win 7 I would like to move over to my win 10 install. submitted...
  7. UEFI boot order of disks is not correct

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    UEFI boot order of disks is not correct: I am confused. My machine, MSI Titan GT80S SLI "Skylake" sometimes takes over a min to boot and sometimes just 30 seconds, weird. I wonder if the boot sequences as defined in UEFI has something to do with it. The boot order does not look right. The first disk that appears...
  8. Disk boot order not correct in UEFI

in Windows 10 Support
    Disk boot order not correct in UEFI: My machine, MSI Titan GT80S SLI "Skylake" sometimes takes over a min to boot and sometimes just 30 seconds, weird. I wonder if the boot sequences as defined in UEFI has something to do with it. It does not look right. The first disk that appears there, 860 EVO, is not the...
  9. Win 10 Boot Order

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Boot Order: Just got my new Win 10 all setup and working very nicely. Concerned about the ability to boot using a usb or dvd device if there's ever hdd problems. My HP boot order shows UEFI Boot Sources Windows Boot Manager USB Floppy/CD USB Hard Drive ATAPI CD/DVD Drive Legacy Boot...
  10. Win TP wants to be first in boot order

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win TP wants to be first in boot order: I downloaded the new 9860 Win TP today and noticed a few interesting boot problems. I am using 3 separate SSD's: One with Win 7 HP 64 bit, the second with Win 8.1 Pro and the 3rd with Win 10 TP. I am using a Asus Maximus V Gene mob and the legacy BIOS option. In the...