Windows 10: Need to press left-ctrl+shift for symbols

Discus and support Need to press left-ctrl+shift for symbols in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey everyone, So I'm Dutch, but I use US language as default. Whenever I log into my laptop with windows 10 and want to type symbols, I for some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Applesauce92, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Need to press left-ctrl+shift for symbols

Hey everyone,

So I'm Dutch, but I use US language as default. Whenever I log into my laptop with windows 10 and want to type symbols, I for some reason type the wrong symbols (for example " when I want to type @). These symbols are on the same key. When I enter left-ctrl+shift the layout changes and I can type the correct symbols, but I would very much like it if I could make make the - for me - correct layout the default. Anyone knows how to do this? Thanks!

submitted by /u/Applesauce92
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Applesauce92, Nov 28, 2019
  2. yogeshp1 Win User

Keyboard Issues, LEFT SHIFT + LEFT CTRL + L/R ARROW doesn't work on travelmate P645-S windows10

Recently i am facing issues with my laptop. Key combinations doesn't work especially with SHIFT.

List of combinations (Not working) :

LEFT SHIFT + LEFT CTRL + LEFT ARROW

LEFT SHIFT + LEFT CTRL + RIGHT ARROW

LEFT SHIFT + LEFT CTRL + UP ARROW

LEFT SHIFT + LEFT CTRL + DOWN ARROW

RIGHT SHIFT + RIGHT CTRL + RIGHT ARROW

List of combinations (Working) :

RIGHT SHIFT + RIGHT CTRL + RIGHT ARROW

CTRL + C, CTRL + V, CTRL + X

Other than above 'working' combinations no other combination works with CTRL and SHIFT

Please let me know why this issue is occurring!

Is this a hardware issue/ software issue?

i have updated keyboard drivers, also uninstalled and restarted laptop & let drivers install automatically.

Also i have checked if laptop's keyboard is loose or anything... everything is fine on that side.

P.S.

Recently i have upgraded my 4+4 GB RAM to 4+8 GB RAM

this RAM is DDR3 and may not be original Need to press left-ctrl+shift for symbols :p

yogeshp1, Nov 28, 2019
  3. CTRL+SHIFT+8 and some others not working

Okay thanks. Didn't know that tool.
    It does list Ctrl+Shift+, 3 & 8. But it doesn't say what they're registered to. (And nothing seems to happen when I press them.)

The tool turns up a very short list, by the way, compared to the screenshots on that site. Just these three plus:
    Hot Key : Alt+Ctrl+Delete
    Hot Key : Alt+Ctrl+J (I know what this is from)
    Hot Key : Alt+Ctrl+K (Kindle)
    Hot Key : Alt+F4

franklekens, Nov 28, 2019
  4. Need to press left-ctrl+shift for symbols

Left CTRL key only works together with the left SHIFT key

Hello,

Starting from today while I was using FL Studio to copy some musical notes I noticed Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V weren't working

I've opened the on-screen keyboard in order to check if the left CTRL key was working and pressing it alone doesn't show any input.

But. when I tried to first press the left SHIFT key holding it and then pressing the left CTRL key together. both keys showed input. (right CTRL key works fine)

Is there anything I can do to fix this issue?

I've already tried to uninstall the keyboard's driver and then restarting the PC but it didn't work.

Best regards,

Me

Cosmin Lucian Iacob, Nov 28, 2019
Thema:

Need to press left-ctrl+shift for symbols

1. Need to press left-ctrl+shift for symbols - Similar Threads - Need press left

2. Space doesn't work when shift or ctrl is pressed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Space doesn't work when shift or ctrl is pressed: I have issue on my new laptop with Windows 11. I can't crawl and jump or run and jump in games. It worked two weeks ago. I reinstaled drivers few time in device menager, turned off and on Filter Keys and Sticky Keys. I don't have any software chaning keyboard settings. The...
  3. Space doesn't work when shift or ctrl is pressed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Space doesn't work when shift or ctrl is pressed: I have issue on my new laptop with Windows 11. I can't crawl and jump or run and jump in games. It worked two weeks ago. I reinstaled drivers few time in device menager, turned off and on Filter Keys and Sticky Keys. I don't have any software chaning keyboard settings. The...
  4. left shift+ right arrow, and left ctrl + right arrow combination not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    left shift+ right arrow, and left ctrl + right arrow combination not working: I am using windows 11 on asus vivobook s15 s530although RIGHT ctrl/shift + left/right arrow combinations are working as expected when selecting or moving cursor word by word in word 16 or visual studio code. But LEFT CTRL/SHIFT + RIGHT ARROW combination NOT WORKING.I tried...
  5. Pressing left ctrl mutes my audio and when pressing my left shift button it types this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pressing left ctrl mutes my audio and when pressing my left shift button it types this...: I've already tried updating my keyboard driver, didn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pressing-left-ctrl-mutes-my-audio-and-when/0093d673-265b-4010-8310-2f97dec3daef
  6. Pressing left ctrl mutes my audio and when pressing my left shift button it types this...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pressing left ctrl mutes my audio and when pressing my left shift button it types this...: I've already tried updating my keyboard driver, didn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pressing-left-ctrl-mutes-my-audio-and-when/0093d673-265b-4010-8310-2f97dec3daef
  7. Left CTRL gets stuck but not physically, fixed by pressing Right CTRL

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Left CTRL gets stuck but not physically, fixed by pressing Right CTRL: I'm looking for a more permanent solution to this problem rather than just clicking two buttons when I want to click one. Essentially, whenever I press Left CTRL, my computer thinks it is being held down, despite if I actually do hold it down or if I click it again. Pressing...
  8. shift only typing symbols when I press the symbol a 2nd time like the ~~ ""

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    shift only typing symbols when I press the symbol a 2nd time like the ~~ "": so as the title says, I'm not sure what I did but now when I shift type certain symbols I have to enter them twice for them to show up and they then show up double.. example symbols: ~~ "" so what happened and where do I put it to work correct? submitted by...
  9. Windows 10 Left Shift reduces volume, Right Shift toggle mute and Left Ctrl toggle...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Left Shift reduces volume, Right Shift toggle mute and Left Ctrl toggle...: I have a new laptop HP Pavilion 15, with Windows 10 Home, and the keyboard a standard QWERTY if isn't working properly: When I press the "Left Ctrl" key it's enable/disable Airplaine Mode and opens the Outlook app. When I press the "Left Shitt" key it's reduces the volume....
  10. Left CTRL + V and Right Shift + ' stopped working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Left CTRL + V and Right Shift + ' stopped working: I couldn't find any mention of this online: Right CTRL + V, Left Shift + ' and CTRL + C on both sides work as intended. I haven't installed anything lately. This just started happening in the middle of the day a couple of days ago. Language doesn't matter - when I switch to...