Windows 10: Need to press the quote " key twice

Discus and support Need to press the quote " key twice in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello. I recently bought a keyboard with US layout I'm from Argentina and it is a compact version so I dont have the arrow keys and the numpad.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by facundo gabriel ayala, Mar 21, 2021.

1. Need to press the quote " key twice

Hello.

I recently bought a keyboard with US layout I'm from Argentina and it is a compact version so I dont have the arrow keys and the numpad. Anyway, I set the windows language for the keyboard on US International because it lets me have the letter [COLOR=rgba77, 81, 86, 1]ñ by pressing AltR + n but it is so annoying when it comes to the quotes keys ' and " because i have to press them twice. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba77, 81, 86, 1]I've been looking for a solution but all of them say that it fixes by changing to US instead of US International. But i dont want to change to US because I will lose the AltR + function so my question is.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba77, 81, 86, 1]Is there a software or windows configuration to add the function AltR + n to the US keyboard layout?[/COLOR]

:)

facundo gabriel ayala, Mar 21, 2021
  2. manofthem Win User

Booting without press any key

@dhievm go ahead and list the model number that gives exact specs/info.

Does it stop right at the Toshiba logo and sit there? Will it sit forever til you press a key, or will it eventually work after so long?

manofthem, Mar 21, 2021
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Mar 21, 2021
  4. LuiNog Win User

Need to press the quote " key twice

why must I press the modifiers twice for them to work?

Hi again! Sorry!

You should follow this step:

2. To specify that when a modifier key (CTRL, ALT, or SHIFT), or the Windows logo key is pressed twice in succession, the key will remain active until the key is pressed again, under Options, select the "Lock the modifier key when pressed twice in a row" check

box.

Or/and the right below check box ("Turn off Sticky keys when....") to see if anything changes in your side.

Sincerely,

Lui N.

LuiNog, Mar 21, 2021
Thema:

Need to press the quote " key twice

1. Need to press the quote " key twice - Similar Threads - Need press quote

2. Keyboard single quote/@ key ignores first press and only shows automatic repeats

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard single quote/@ key ignores first press and only shows automatic repeats: I have a very weird thing happening with my keyboard on Windows 11.I have all the accessibility features turned off Sticky keys, Filter keys, Toggle keys etc..Just the single quote/@ key ignores the first press and only presents a character on the screen when the repeat...
  3. Keyboard single quote/@ key ignores first press and only shows automatic repeats

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard single quote/@ key ignores first press and only shows automatic repeats: I have a very weird thing happening with my keyboard on Windows 11.I have all the accessibility features turned off Sticky keys, Filter keys, Toggle keys etc..Just the single quote/@ key ignores the first press and only presents a character on the screen when the repeat...
  4. keys not pressing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keys not pressing: when i hold down a key nearby keys will not press and make a beeping sound i find this feature annoying and useless how do i disable it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keys-not-pressing/1e13ec30-3a02-4232-a76c-8fd0a9f3e46c
  5. Need to press the quote " key twice in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to press the quote " key twice in windows 10: Taken from https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-press-the-quote-key-twice/961fc04f-367f-4527-9724-d0e0a79edb5fPosting again as it may help since above thread is locked. How i solved it in windows 10, since the suggestion/answer given in above did not...
  6. Need to press the quote " key twice in windows 10

Need to press the quote " key twice in windows 10: Taken from https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-press-the-quote-key-twice/961fc04f-367f-4527-9724-d0e0a79edb5fPosting again as it may help since above thread is locked. How i solved it in windows 10, since the suggestion/answer given in above did not...
  7. Pressing windows key twice

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pressing windows key twice: When i press window key twice it takes the app i have under forward, happens when im fullscreen in something submitted by /u/Brockssss [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kqnena/pressing_windows_key_twice/
  8. Need to press quotes and double quotes twice in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need to press quotes and double quotes twice in Windows 10: This problem has been reported many times with previous versions of Windows - and the fix has always been to change the keyboard from US International to US Standard. Brief description of the problem for those not familiar: Pressing a quote - or double quote - does not...
  9. Script to emulate specific key presses needed

Script to emulate specific key presses needed: Hello all, I appreciate this is a big ask, but I have absolutely 0 clues what I'm doing! I need a simple batch or VBS script that will wait 20 seconds after login and then virtually press and hold the Win Key and then the Numpad 5 key. I have an AutoHotKey script that...
  10. Double quotes key requires second key press.

in Windows 10 Support
    Double quotes key requires second key press.: I have four systems, each with a regular+cyrillic keyboard and have been using them for years with Windows 7 & 8.1, switching between the two formats, without a problem. As an aside, a couple of the systems, having bought them in Bulgaria, have non-English messages but the...