Windows 10: Need to re-clicking buttons to get them to work and other oddities

Discus and support Need to re-clicking buttons to get them to work and other oddities in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a problem that keeps getting worse. For example, in Chrome, Firefox, Wordpad, Foobar, and Office, when I click on a button it flickers without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by socklosk, Sep 9, 2018.

1. socklosk Win User

Need to re-clicking buttons to get them to work and other oddities

I have a problem that keeps getting worse. For example, in Chrome, Firefox, Wordpad, Foobar, and Office, when I click on a button it flickers without opening and I have to re-click it a number of times to get what I want to open, and when I click on a link from my bookmarks in my two browsers, another link often opens. Also, when I want to check a box in Outlook, I have to keep re-clicking. Moreover, when I try to select a text I have to select it a number of times before I get it to highlight. Finally, when I want to drag an icon on my desktop, I click once and the icon opens instead of allowing me to drag it with one click and holding the button down. This has been going on for months. This does not happen in other programs, like Adobe Acrobat.

I searched for viruses and malware using Malwarebytes, adwcleaner, Windows Defender, and Kaspersky but nothing shows up. I went so far as to reformat my C: drive and re-install Windows 10 from scratch, with the Internet disconnected, and the problems persisted just using a portable version of Foobar!!! Changing my mouse also does not help.

If I remember correctly, the problems started to happen just after the April update and I already deleted the folder needed to uninstall it.

Thanks for any help!

:)

socklosk, Sep 9, 2018
  2. spapakons Win User

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

Need to re-clicking buttons to get them to work and other oddities [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Sep 9, 2018
  3. Start Button displaying but not working

The start button was working until there was a forced reboot (power failure). Then left click (normal click) over the start button does absolutely nothing. Right click brings up a menu but "programs" and also "settings" are missing and not included on this list. Search or Task View buttons do not work either with "normal" click. Does anyone have any suggestion or fixes?
    Thank you in advance *Huh
    Sue

suejbakula, Sep 9, 2018
  4. Anne Ros Win User

download button on Netflix app

Hi Petre,

This might be caused by a software conflict. As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest resetting the app and see if it helps. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select System.
    • On the left-panel, click Apps & features.
    • Look for the app on the list then click it.
    • Click the Advanced options link.
    • Click the Reset button.
    • If resetting did not work or not available, click the Repair
      button instead.
    • Restart your PC.

If the issue still persists, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app and see if it helps.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Anne Ros, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Need to re-clicking buttons to get them to work and other oddities - Similar Threads - Need clicking buttons

2. Touchpad Buttons Right Click and Left Click not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad Buttons Right Click and Left Click not working: For some reason I had to do a clean install of Windows via an Installation Media in which I formatted my C Drive and then installed a fresh copy of Windows 11 on it. However, after all this, my laptop's built-in mouse buttons found near touchpad have totally stopped working....
  3. Touchpad Buttons Right Click and Left Click not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad Buttons Right Click and Left Click not working: For some reason I had to do a clean install of Windows via an Installation Media in which I formatted my C Drive and then installed a fresh copy of Windows 11 on it. However, after all this, my laptop's built-in mouse buttons found near touchpad have totally stopped working....
  4. Start button not working when clicked on

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start button not working when clicked on: Start button not working when clicked on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button-not-working-when-clicked-on/e525af79-3cc0-4874-bfa4-b893e0b2e911
  5. Middle mouse button click not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Middle mouse button click not working: Hello, hope you are well. For a couple months now my middle mouse button has not been registering at all. I use it quite a lot toopen links in new tabs and such, so this is really tough. I know its not the mouse itself, because ive plugged in a new mouse and it had the same...
  6. Middle mouse button click not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Middle mouse button click not working: Hello, hope you are well. For a couple months now my middle mouse button has not been registering at all. I use it quite a lot toopen links in new tabs and such, so this is really tough. I know its not the mouse itself, because ive plugged in a new mouse and it had the same...
  7. Can't Click the Close Button or other on screen buttons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't Click the Close Button or other on screen buttons: It's the wierdest thing. I have two monitors and the issue only happens on the left monitor. And this is what happens... I just can't click on screen buttons (e.g. pressing play in Spotify won't work, can't minimize the windows, etc) I can sometimes move windows to the...
  8. Re: Have to click to get login screen?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Re: Have to click to get login screen?: This is a follow up to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/have-to-click-to-get-login-screen/5223f7de-d63b-4f06-a914-d6e9869e4b92 because that topic is locked for some reason that i can't see. Apparently more people have this problem (including me and my...
  9. Start button (except left click) and others dont work with right click

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start button (except left click) and others dont work with right click: Using window 10 and everything was fine and one day lost the icon tray when right clicking the start button. Did a sfc scannow and came up: Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log...
  10. No drag and drop in Windows Explorer (and other oddities)

in Windows 10 Support
    No drag and drop in Windows Explorer (and other oddities): Hi, a botched Win7 update on windowsupdate forced me to reinstall Windows, so I went Win10 10130. Got most of the stuff working the way I want by googling and the help of way cleverer People than I. Here's what I cant - for the life of me - figure out: I cannot drag...