Windows 10: Need to Reactivate Windows 10 Professional on a Different Motherboard

Discus and support Need to Reactivate Windows 10 Professional on a Different Motherboard in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Recently, the prongs to the processor on my motherboard has been bent — deeming the thing useless now. Now with a new motherboard on the way, is there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by LeftoverFruit, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Need to Reactivate Windows 10 Professional on a Different Motherboard

Recently, the prongs to the processor on my motherboard has been bent — deeming the thing useless now. Now with a new motherboard on the way, is there any way to be able to reactivate Windows 10 Professional on the new motherboard? I would really appreciate it if someone could help me get a clear answer to this.

:)

LeftoverFruit, Mar 17, 2020

2. win 10 motherboard change, reactivating windows

Hi Famie,

If you are planning to change your motherboard, you will still be able to activate your Windows 10. In Windows 10 version 1607, there is a feature that you can link your Microsoft account to Windows 10 digital license on your device.
    This can help you reactivate Windows using the Activation troubleshooter if you make a significant hardware change later, such as replacing the motherboard.

That being said, we suggest that you follow the steps given on this article
    to reactivate your Windows 10 after a hardware change.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to "mark it as an answer" to help those are facing the same problem.

Janeane Cru, Mar 17, 2020
  3. Reactivating retail Windows 10 pro after upgrading motherboard

I'm about to upgrade my motherboard and I already have my Windows 10 license linked to my Microsoft Account. Can I erase the hard drive, upgrade the motherboard, clean install Windows 10 and then run troubleshooter to reactivate with the same Microsoft account? What would happen if I use the Remove PC option in the list of devices in my Microsoft Account? Is there a way to do a remote wipe from the Microsoft account with Find My Device?

Keith Weisshar, Mar 17, 2020
  4. Need to Reactivate Windows 10 Professional on a Different Motherboard

Motherboard change unable to reactivate Windows 10 Pro -

I have searched this topic and everything seems to be almost a year old. This is a homebuilt machine circa 2015. It started with an ASUS FM2+ motherboard with an AMD A5600K processor. It was Windows 7 Pro, upgraded to Windows 8.1 Pro then to Windows 10 Pro.
    Saturday the motherboard died. An exact replacement could not be located so a Gigabyte card was installed. No changes to the hard drives. Booted the machine and Windows automatically started and then did a "revert" then installed the latest updates. C Drive was in the red so I deleted all of the old install files using Windows Clean-up. Went to reactivate, checked the significant hardware change and entered my MS account information - The computer (none of my computers) were listed and now it is telling me that I have to spend $200 to buy a copy of Windows 10 Pro.
    Have not yet called Customer Support as the computer is at home and I work during the day -
    I do have a disk image or two that may be a year old -

Suggestions - should I just shell out the $200 and move on

TIA

Mickey53usa, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

Need to Reactivate Windows 10 Professional on a Different Motherboard

1. Need to Reactivate Windows 10 Professional on a Different Motherboard - Similar Threads - Need Reactivate Professional

2. Need to reactivate Accounting Professional 2009 on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to reactivate Accounting Professional 2009 on Windows 11: I've been using this program for many years. I just built a new computer with Windows 11. I reinstalled MSOA2009 with service packs, and it seems to run fine, EXCEPT I cannot activate it. The last time I installed it on a new computer, about five years ago, I was able to...
  3. Need to reactivate Accounting Professional 2009 on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to reactivate Accounting Professional 2009 on Windows 11: I've been using this program for many years. I just built a new computer with Windows 11. I reinstalled MSOA2009 with service packs, and it seems to run fine, EXCEPT I cannot activate it. The last time I installed it on a new computer, about five years ago, I was able to...
  4. Windows 10 Professional reactivate

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Professional reactivate: Hi Community! Last week I bought a new PCMotherboard, CPU, RAM and I when I sold my old PC I did not deactivate Windows on it, because I forgot and I thought that I didn't need to deactivate. When I singed in to my account in the new PC the Windows did not reactivate. Then I...
  5. Changed motherboard and need to reactivate Windows 10 but can't connect to servers?

Changed motherboard and need to reactivate Windows 10 but can't connect to servers?: Anybody else getting this issue? Or what could it possibly be? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changed-motherboard-and-need-to-reactivate-windows/d2cba93f-6dd3-45dd-8cc8-2e4dac46c879
  6. Reactivating Windows 10 After Changing Motherboards

Reactivating Windows 10 After Changing Motherboards: Several years ago I purchased a Windows 7 Ultimate Key that I no longer have. A year or so ago I upgraded this computer to Windows 10. I recently purchased a new motherboard. Before I went to install and swap my hardware over I was worried about not having the key anymore, so...
  7. Changed motherboard, need help reactivating windows

Changed motherboard, need help reactivating windows: Dear community, I recently changed my full setup, not including hard drives. I have a spare backup if i need to go back. But I can't get to activate my Windows digital license on the new fresh installation. When I installed, I do remeber activating with my account login....
  8. Reactivating Windows 10 After Motherboard Change

Reactivating Windows 10 After Motherboard Change: Hello, So last night I replaced the motherboard and CPU in my computer and I made sure to watch many videos on reactivating Windows 10 on your PC after a motherboard change. So, after watching those videos I linked my Microsoft account to my product key. I was really tired...
  9. New Motherboard, and I need to reactivate windows 10.

New Motherboard, and I need to reactivate windows 10.: Hi to the forum, My old motherboard died on me, and I now have a new one. I've had to reactivate a software licence, and then a message on the screen told me to activate windows. I wasn't expecting this to happen. However, I have logged into my account, and it has told me...
  10. New Motherboard need to reactivate windows

New Motherboard need to reactivate windows: I upgraded my computer a few months ago and its been slow and unable to properly update since. It is my understanding that I need to buy a new windows license for $140. Is there a less expensive way to go this? Or a discount of some kind? I was thinking it would be like...